What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got Sengoku Denshou in yesterday for the SFC, i like it better than the Neo.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Man i never could play the Neo version, the game is infuriating to me. At least in this version the hand to hand is in your favor.

i used to to get a similar reaction from people when i used to say how i liked the megadrive/genesis port of fatal fury 2 over the neo original :keke:.

but now i need to check out sengoku for the sfc. i think i played it before, but i always presumed it would be a downgrade from the original in every way.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
i used to to get a similar reaction from people when i used to say how i liked the megadrive/genesis port of fatal fury 2 over the neo original :keke:.

The megadrive port is better than the original. Dipswitch juggle code!

but now i need to check out sengoku for the sfc. i think i played it before, but i always presumed it would be a downgrade from the original in every way.

"Downgrade" isn't really fitting here. It might as well be an entirely different game. Like Data East created a new console brawler loosely based on SNK's Sengoku.

It has a grainy look, a totally different sprite style, you have haggar style piledrivers. And it's super easy as unlike the super brutal original.

Nice pick up MCF 76

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
The megadrive port is better than the original. Dipswitch juggle code!

yeah, even without the code, some of those combos can be insanely fun.

"Downgrade" isn't really fitting here. It might as well be an entirely different game. Like Data East created a new console brawler loosely based on SNK's Sengoku.

It has a grainy look, a totally different sprite style, you have haggar style piledrivers. And it's super easy as unlike the super brutal original.

Nice pick up MCF 76

just by looking at gameplay videos, it does look a lot different. but how would you rate it. would you say it's better than the original?. i think i've played it before but i might give it another go to see how i like it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
yeah, even without the code, some of those combos can be insanely fun.

Definitely
but how would you rate it. would you say it's better than the original?. i think i've played it before but i might give it another go to see how i like it.

They're too different to compare. Difficult arcade game vs. easy console game. It would be silly of me to say that the SFC game is "better" just because I can actually play it, unlike the original which I've never practiced enough to fully understand.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finished up Sengoku Densho this morning. About to start on my quest to 1cc Final Fight SFC. I need to work on my beat 'em up fundamentals & fine tune some of my flaws.

What really need is a couple of days of training sessions with our two very own beat 'em up aficionados: ASID & Pasky :cool:

Last edited:

mirkvid

n00b
Got my King of Dragons on last night. Man that game has some great tunes. HOOOO! Going to play some Capcom D&D next.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm giving a run to the Street of rage series.

Hey, me too lately whenever we've had people over since they're pretty fun games to watch as well. Got to the final boss three times on the first one but haven't been able to finish it.

I just picked up #2 last weekend and we gave it a couple shots last night. Only got to stage 5 the first time around, but was able to get to 8 the second time before a game over.

I like the graphics and special moves in the second one, but I think the hit/grab detection in the first one is a little tighter.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Extremely late to the party but I finally caved and bought a Supaboy. Dusted off Brawl Brothers and Combatribes and had a hell of a morning.
This damn Supaboy is currently getting a lot of attention. Might need to invest in a everdrive soon

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Beats of Rage, Final Fight 3 and Violent Storm on the cab. I can never get bored of Violent Storm.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
Beats of Rage, Final Fight 3 and Violent Storm on the cab. I can never get bored of Violent Storm.

Violent storm rocks!

I just got my Alien VS predator and D&D SOM cps2 boards in, man how I missed these games, they are SO good.....

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Streets of Rage 2 now that I got my RGB cables for my console

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Alien vs Predator on the arcade.

That's a great one! I usually get wrecked on the mad predator boss. Probably one of Capcom's best.

Been working on Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder. Finally able to clear stage 3, you really need to make the most out of the mounts if you aren't using Trix.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Been working on Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder. Finally able to clear stage 3, you really need to make the most out of the mounts if you aren't using Trix.

Love this game, think I'll fire it up tonight.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Made a quick playthrough of the SMS port of Streets of Rage last night. Although it plays extremely loose compared to the Genesis original it's amazing how far above it stacks compared the Game Gear port. The onscreen 3 character limit hurts and hits carry virtually no impact, but it's just commendable they managed to squeeze so much into this port. All the moves, special attacks, the stages.. nice stuff. I can almost look over the one original boss who is a tophatted midget with a rocket backpack.

geise

Mickey's Coach
64th Street - Arcade by Jaleco. Interesting how much was borrowed from here for Rushing Beat/Rival Turf.

MissFaith

New Challenger
Currently playing through FFS, loving the Double Reppuuken! Any tips for a newbie on FFS?