What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
i haven't played it in years, but blades of vengeance was sweet. great side scroller with rpg elements. i think if you liked cadash, you will also like blades of vengeance.

Blades is one of my absolute favorite Genesis games. That soundtrack and gameplay is just too amazing.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Nailed right here man. So many bad games we where forced to play as kids that we grew to love!

Like a weird case of childhood gaming stockholm syndrome :lolz: It's the only way to explain why nes games like ninja turtles 1 is fondly remembered despite the pain it put many of us through. *Rick James voice* Nostalgia is a helluva drug :-J

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Like a weird case of childhood gaming stockholm syndrome :lolz: It's the only way to explain why nes games like ninja turtles 1 is fondly remembered despite the pain it put many of us through. *Rick James voice* Nostalgia is a helluva drug :-J

That game.... That last corridor in the technodrome before Shredder slaughtered me everytime... Still a game I like!

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Nailed right here man. So many bad games we where forced to play as kids that we grew to love!

^ This is probably why I love Power Rangers, VR Troopers, and Double Dragon on Genny. I don't love DD enough to own it though.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I 1cc'd Guardian Heroes today.

For years (like 11), I've felt overwhelmed by the game, had zero understanding of leveling up, which moves are vital to which characters etc. I couldn't make it past the second or third stage.

I finally got the hang of things, and I likely prevailed in the scrubbiest, most dummy-proof fashion possible.

Nicole : BC beam (MP gets increase), healing, :down::down: Z barrier in corner for absurd chip damage.

My copy is Japanese, and I'm guessing I picked an easy path.

It just goes to show a little half baked research can go along way.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nice! I've only done a Han and Genji run, I don't remember if I took the hard path though.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Han isn't too bad to 1cc with if you choose the path that gets him that super sword. Really overpowers him. I need to play that 360 port sometime to see how it holds to the original.

geise

Mickey's Coach
I've always used Genji. I sucked with everyone else. I've only ever 1cc'd with Genji.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I 1cc'd Guardian Heroes today.

For years (like 11), I've felt overwhelmed by the game, had zero understanding of leveling up, which moves are vital to which characters etc. I couldn't make it past the second or third stage.

I finally got the hang of things, and I likely prevailed in the scrubbiest, most dummy-proof fashion possible.

Nicole : BC beam (MP gets increase), healing, :down::down: Z barrier in corner for absurd chip damage.

My copy is Japanese, and I'm guessing I picked an easy path.

It just goes to show a little half baked research can go along way.

Nice! Will you post it to your youtube channel? It's been a while, but the sengoku 2 run was great to see. This sounds like a fun run to learn from too.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Just started playing TMNT2 on NES with a friend, pretty fun game actually. The jump attack is beastly. We defeated Krang but lost to Shredder... will go back for more.

Then we tried TMNT3 and it seems much less fun.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I should give Han, Genji, and really all of the others a try at this point.

Nice! Will you post it to your youtube channel? It's been a while, but the sengoku 2 run was great to see. This sounds like a fun run to learn from too.

Haha no. I mean...I still don't really know what I'm doing in GH. No need to pollute youtube with another video of someone not knowing what they're doing. Ya know?

I 12cc-ed Double Dragon yesterday.

Uhhh ELBOW?

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
DD1 and DD2 are compltely feasible until the last stage. Those traps are serious BS.

The traps in DD2 aren't an issue, unless you're talking about the NES version? Even then, that game is not moderately difficult. I don't think anyone liked the stupid conveyor belts + spike combos in it though. The developers of Double Dragon 4 seem to differ however, :lolz:

Last edited:

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm playing Video System's "Karate Blazers." [arcade]

The enemies in that game have a funny death sound when you beat them.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
The traps in DD2 aren't an issue, unless you're talking about the NES version? Even then, that game is not moderately difficult. I don't think anyone liked the stupid conveyor belts + spike combos in it though. The developers of Double Dragon 4 seem to differ however, :lolz:

The bricks out the wall get me every time. And DDII, that platforming is really out of place in that game. Such a great port on the NES/PCE.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I have started paying some attention to Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder on my supergun. Very excited

geise

Mickey's Coach
Rocked some Alien Storm - Arcade. Just like Golden Axe I will never fully get the rank system.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I have started paying some attention to Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder on my supergun. Very excited

Its a pretty amazing game- although very difficult unless you are using Trix.

I spent some time with Gaia Crusaders the other day. Really enjoyed the deep combo system, it keeps the game fresh. One day I'll get my hands on Sengoku 3.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Its a pretty amazing game- although very difficult unless you are using Trix.

I spent some time with Gaia Crusaders the other day. Really enjoyed the deep combo system, it keeps the game fresh. One day I'll get my hands on Sengoku 3.
I do play with Trix, I love the giant with the Dwarf though.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I used to understand Golden Axe's scoring system..kind of..

I was never aware of anything like that. Always thought that GA was pretty straight forward.

I was also never aware of Alien Storm's ranking system until geise mentioned it.

Does that mean I'm ignorant?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I was never aware of anything like that. Always thought that GA was pretty straight forward.

I was also never aware of Alien Storm's ranking system until geise mentioned it.

Does that mean I'm ignorant?

Sure it makes you ignorant but this isn't unusual with Golden Axe. I'm still ignorant and I kind of get it.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...M-GOLDEN-AXE&p=3836324&viewfull=1#post3836324

Knocking enemies off the ledges is worth quite a bit too. There is a video on youtube that breaks it down, but apparently that video contains some misinformation too.

Here's a world record video