What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
Recently replayed Separation Anxiety on the SNES. I'm pretty sure it's an objectively mediocre beat em up but I love it so much for the nostolgia and the killer soundtrack

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Double Dragon Advance

Despite being on a portable system, it's the best DD game imho.

mirkvid

n00b
We played through AvP last week and had a blast. I played the female and my son tried out the rest of the characters, but liked the predator with the staff the best. He kept getting surprised when he discovered new moves. We'll have to play through it again several more times before switching games I think. There's a lot to see in this one. The move sets are pretty extensive for a beat em up.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Fantastic game, always enjoyed it.

Played through Pirates of Dark Water on SNES several times this week. Pretty basic but fun beat 'em up really like it.

Ya I remember renting it way back when, actually replayed it over this summer on the flash cart, hella long game, takes about an hour to beat. I remember using Ioz a lot because his damage output was so much better and plowed through everything.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Ya I remember renting it way back when, actually replayed it over this summer on the flash cart, hella long game, takes about an hour to beat. I remember using Ioz a lot because his damage output was so much better and plowed through everything.

Yeah it is long as hell, Izo is the best makes the game way faster. Its an easy game to 1cc, it give you extra lives every 100K and the point system is generous as fuck. I kinda like towards the end it throws in a shmup level for a boss fight really cool.

Pasky

Been playing King Of The Monsters 2 all week, just got the clear today and uploading the video. Played this way back in 1992 at an arcade in Colorado, always liked the game even though it's absurdly unfair. The art and music are so amazing.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Been playing King Of The Monsters 2 all week, just got the clear today and uploading the video. Played this way back in 1992 at an arcade in Colorado, always liked the game even though it's absurdly unfair. The art and music are so amazing.

Was always partial to this game especially on the genesis. But thats a whole different game.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Been playing lots of Last Blade 2 this week. I'm now convinced its the best Neo-Geo game, though that seems to change every other week.

Pasky

That feelin' when Americans think 'beat 'em up' classifies as a 'Fighting Game'.

I thought it was Europeans that made that mistake. :lolz:

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
Was always partial to this game especially on the genesis. But thats a whole different game.
I had the Genesis version as a kid and an arcade near my house had KoM1 for a bit, but I never played the SNES or arcade version of 2. I'm literally learning just now that 2 was actually a beat em up and not a fighter, wtf

geise

Mickey's Coach
Rushing Beat/Rival Turf. I don't care, I like this game. Always have. I'm a whore for Jaleco games.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Heh, I assumed most didn't like it. I'm not usually in the know. It's one I got when released and have always enjoyed it. I haven't played the 3rd installment. Is it true there's no music in the US version?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Heh, I assumed most didn't like it. I'm not usually in the know. It's one I got when released and have always enjoyed it. I haven't played the 3rd installment. Is it true there's no music in the US version?

I don't claim to be in any know myself. However, based on the comments I've observed, it appears that people look back on these games fondly despite their short comings.

The third game does in fact have music. It's accessed in the options menu. However, the US version contains less music than it's Japanese counterpart.

I have a little bit of a negative bias toward the series due to the nonsensical rules in Rushing Beat Ran and the rigid boring tactics one must apply to overcome them.