What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Played bare knuckle 2 for the first time in 10 years. Forgot how badass the soundtrack is! Didn't have time to beat it, going to have to sit down this weekend and knock it out.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Bare Knuckle III, Yuzo's score's a masterpiece. I always liked the first entry along with the third. The second felt just too different.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
playing a lot of teenage mutant ninja turtles for the gba. one of the best tmnt games i have played.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's always one of my go to games when I pull out one of the original Gameboys. Fun, short, and nice music.

*edit*

Derp, you said GBA, not Gameboy. I need to play that one.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
i love the tmnt games for the original gameboy. the two on the gba that are based on the 2003 show that i'm playing right now are also really good. i don't think you could go wrong with any of the 2d tmnt games.

Qcf+lp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Beat Double Dragon Neon again not to long ago, fun game that doesn't take its self seriously.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Pickin' up chicks, beatemup style.

DD1.jpg

At a buddy's place. Didn't beat my score from last year though.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I played D&D Tower of Doom on arcade with the dwarf and went until the black dragon where I had my ass kicked. I haven't figured out how to beat him yet.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Recently picked up Iron commandos and sonic blastman 2 for snes... had some TMNT snes the other day on for a bit.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I had a few friends over and the 3 of us played The Simpsons arcade whilst being totally drunk. Good times!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Been playing through the Dead Rising Franchise lately (skipped DR1 and the DR2 story DLC for now)

So far i've played through all 2, almost all of OTR and a tiny sample of 3 and so far these are some pretty damn fun beat em ups. I can see why they are popular.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I've been playing "Charlie Murder" and "Sacred citadel" on the 360 lately. They are somewhat decent.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Ran into two guys on TMNT'89 who knew the game better then I did. Haven't cleared the game that fast in years.

Been thinking about trying Double Dragon Neon. I tried it once and forgot about it, but watching too many people raving about it.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
playing sengoku 3 lately. still one of my favourite beat em ups. even like it more than guardian heroes.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
playing sengoku 3 lately. still one of my favourite beat em ups. even like it more than guardian heroes.

Sengoku 3 is the best beat'em up on the Neo Geo, followed closely by Mutation Nation.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Sengoku 3 is the best beat'em up on the Neo Geo, followed closely by Mutation Nation.

i agree. but many still do prefer the first two games over the third, and some even say how the neo geo doesn't have a beat'em up that's good enough to compare or compete with the big names such as guardian heroes, in which i disagree. i personally like sengoku 3 more than some other beat'em ups which others consider the best in the genre.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

as i was reading in my mind im thinking "but what about Mutation Na......never mind then"

yeah dont know if i'd rank Sengoku 3 as the best but honestly I cant really think of anything better accept maybe Mutation Nation....hmmmm never really thought about it until now but the Neo Geo kind of sucks when it comes to beat em ups huh?

Ip Man

15 Year Member
the Neo Geo kind of sucks when it comes to beat em ups huh?

in comparison to other consoles, yeah, the neo geo does fall short in the beat'em up genre. but sengoku 3 makes up for that shortage imo.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
...eh I don't know about that. I think most beat em ups from Capcom and Konami alone curb stomp it easily. Its a pretty good beat em up (I think Mutation Nation edges it out though), but not enough to make up for the barren wasteland....Sengoku 3 would have to be D&D tier.

its just strange coming from a company that has great shmups, fighters, puzzle, platformers and hell even a couple of first person games....seems weird that they'd be lacking in such a prominent arcade genre like beat em up.

I guess you can't be great at everything.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
...eh I don't know about that. I think most beat em ups from Capcom and Konami alone curb stomp it easily. Its a pretty good beat em up (I think Mutation Nation edges it out though), but not enough to make up for the barren wasteland....Sengoku 3 would have to be D&D tier.

its just strange coming from a company that has great shmups, fighters, puzzle, platformers and hell even a couple of first person games....seems weird that they'd be lacking in such a prominent arcade genre like beat em up.

I guess you can't be great at everything.

What "great shmups" did snk develop? What "great platformers"? Metal Slug might as well be Irem. While I agree Neo Geo beat 'em ups are overall weak (with sengoku 3 and mutation nation being the best, for combo gimmick and balance respectively) tell me which konami offerings are great?!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
What "great shmups" did snk develop? What "great platformers"? Metal Slug might as well be Irem. While I agree Neo Geo beat 'em ups are overall weak (with sengoku 3 and mutation nation being the best, for combo gimmick and balance respectively) tell me which konami offerings are great?!

I didnt say SNK inhouse developed the great shmups. I meant the NeoGeo platform as a whole has some great shmups.

As for Konami I can't really think of any outside of Simpsons and X-Men which are both decent and the TMNT games which are generally great...yeah I definitely over stated it by calling it a curb stomp....I do still think these games I listed collectively beat out Sengoku 2 Sengoku 3 and Mutation Nation.