What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
played some 2p Brawl Brothers, and The Punisher with the wife today.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
921bf0e8.jpg

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
Yea, just not sure I want to spend then needed cash on a PGM2 set-up yet. I definitely plan on picking one up at some point though OL2 and KOV3 look awesome.

Mugicha, I have a spare PGM Mobo I will be selling at some point soon, also have a spare Demon Front I think.

Yeah, PGM2 stuff is expensive, but if you love beat-em ups, it's money well spent. I got my PGM2 stuff from excellentcom.net and was impressed with their service. I still play KoV 2: New Legends semi-daily. Being able to save your characters with the card reader adds so much to the game. The branching paths add so much replayability too. Expensive, but can't recommend them enough. You can probably find a used PGM2 mobo with the card readers and cards as well as either KoV2: New Legends or Oriental Legend 2 for less than 300 bucks. Once KoV 3 comes down in price a bit, I'll be picking it up for sure.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Guardian Heroes for me.

i tried the remake on 360 as was a little taken aback by the upgrade on the graphics, i'll stick to the saturn version any day of the week. plus you can never sub the control pad goodness :D

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
i tried the remake on 360 as was a little taken aback by the upgrade on the graphics, i'll stick to the saturn version any day of the week. plus you can never sub the control pad goodness :D

no doubt panda, I tried the updated graphics, didn't like the smoothness, quickly went back to the jaggy sprites, but as you also mentioned, jp style saturn pad is far superior to 360 pad for such things.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
The Warriors on PS2. My friend let me borrow it and have enjoyed it quite a bit, although it feels graphically dated for a PS2 game from 2005. It is actually one of the better 3D beat-em ups I have played in a while. Many years since I have seen it, I ended up watching the movie on Blu-ray after I beat it, lol. "Caaaaaaan youuuu dig-iiiiiiit!?!?!".

Still haven't tried the XBLA Guardian Heroes yet. I have it on the Saturn, so I never found a real reason to buy it. I did get Radiant Silver Gun due to the major 3D upgrade and English text.

BTW, the Street Fighter IV Madcatz fighter pad is almost exactly like a Saturn pad and goes for $20. It functions the same for me. It has the same exact button layout and a very similar D-pad pretty much. Don't get the the Super SFIV one that uses some weird analog like D-pad I hear. They built this pad to be very reliable and it also has nice comfortable rubber where your palms wrap around. I got the one with Cammy since they only had Blanka for the other choice at the store.

chun-li-fight-pad-front.jpg

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
played some crime fighters lately , not that good of a game, but it brings back good memories for a particular trip when I was a kid. my brothers and I would pump quarters in that 4 player beat em up like crazy :D

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
played some crime fighters lately , not that good of a game, but it brings back good memories for a particular trip when I was a kid. my brothers and I would pump quarters in that 4 player beat em up like crazy :D

Ohhh Crank, you are so right, it's really not that good of a game, I've tried going back and I can't do it, but I....Friggin......loved......that....game growing up, pure nostalgia.

another fond one from memory was Tecmo Knight (wild fang) I liked the little guys riding the big guys!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
The Warriors on PS2. My friend let me borrow it and have enjoyed it quite a bit, although it feels graphically dated for a PS2 game from 2005. It is actually one of the better 3D beat-em ups I have played in a while. Many years since I have seen it, I ended up watching the movie on Blu-ray after I beat it, lol. "Caaaaaaan youuuu dig-iiiiiiit!?!?!".

Still haven't tried the XBLA Guardian Heroes yet. I have it on the Saturn, so I never found a real reason to buy it. I did get Radiant Silver Gun due to the major 3D upgrade and English text.

BTW, the Street Fighter IV Madcatz fighter pad is almost exactly like a Saturn pad and goes for $20. It functions the same for me. It has the same exact button layout and a very similar D-pad pretty much. Don't get the the Super SFIV one that uses some weird analog like D-pad I hear. They built this pad to be very reliable and it also has nice comfortable rubber where your palms wrap around. I got the one with Cammy since they only had Blanka for the other choice at the store.

I never got a around to trying the warriors, glad you mentioned it I'm really interested in it now, that pad looks sweet too!

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Neo Geo wise, Ninja Combat...always loved it. Early 90s Neo goodness FTW. As far as other beat-em-ups, mostly digging into the Final Burn Alpha emulator, and XBox Live for the addiction. Just got all 200 points of achievements on my girlfriend's XBox the other day, on Guardian Heroes. Final Fight Double Impact (if I remember the name correctly) is pretty nifty as well.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, but it's worth it for the ending. I made this video...

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
Tried the arcade version of Double Dragon II today. HUGE fan of the first one but never played 2 or 3. God damn, Double Dragon II is awesome. Now it's not only the elbow that get's the job done, but the whole damn arsenal. It still suffers from that weird slowdown and the music is not as good as the first game.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
And you should stop at DD II and forget that DD III even exist, they royally fucked it up in the last one.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I realized having finally upgraded my graphics card a little bit that I might be able to handle naomi emulation, so after years of curiosity I finally got to try slashout! pretty awesome as expected! the enemies that are just round things that bounce around are kinda dumb but all and all the game is badass just like spikeout before it.

now I wanna dig my xbox out of storage and buy another one + another copy of spikeout and try to get a friend to play networked! I forgot how awesomely hardcore this series is, stopped playing awhile back as I no longer have a xbox arcade stick... i better get a xbox stick working now.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I realized having finally upgraded my graphics card a little bit that I might be able to handle naomi emulation, so after years of curiosity I finally got to try slashout! pretty awesome as expected! the enemies that are just round things that bounce around are kinda dumb but all and all the game is badass just like spikeout before it.

now I wanna dig my xbox out of storage and buy another one + another copy of spikeout and try to get a friend to play networked! I forgot how awesomely hardcore this series is, stopped playing awhile back as I no longer have a xbox arcade stick... i better get a xbox stick working now.

It's time to clean up Dieseltown!!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Burning Fight today. I know it's a very poor knock off, but there are some things I like about it as opposed to FF, I particularly like the level design based around Osaka.