What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Got not long ago Captain America and the Avengers... what a pleasant experience this game is. Would definitely recommend .

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Got not long ago Captain America and the Avengers... what a pleasant experience this game is. Would definitely recommend .
The board, I assume?

I enjoyed mine and have regrets moving it...enjoy it.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Do you have a way to play 4 players? I never had the right setup when I had it.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Do you have a way to play 4 players? I never had the right setup when I had it.

Sadly no ... but I can only imagine what fun it would be. That right here is good reason to have an original xbox modded.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Not a true beltscroller, but I've started playing Panzer Bandit.

It's so cool.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Been trying to beat warriors of fate on Saturn. Great game, but I cant get pass the part were you going towards the left and face two bosses on a bridge.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Trying to get into SS3 after too much of SS2 and SS4. Does the fix change the game a whole lot or not that much?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^Not sure if trolling but in case you're not, beat 'em ups as in brawlers not vs. fighting games. Look at the previous posts, there's also a thread for fighting games, now get with the program.

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
I finally bought guardian heroes for the Sega Saturn. I've wanted this game for years yet could never find a price point I thought was good. I've yet to play it ,because I've been at work since it came in the mail. I'm super psyched to pop it in! It's been some years since I've played a beat em up that I enjoyed.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Rocking Sengoku 3 on the Super Neo 29! Really digging the combo system so far. It's awesome that you can mix up special moves, together with normal puches and even throw some ninja stars for some extra damage, all in the same combo. Still trying to figure out the timing but when all is working it feels great. It's funny to be able to jiggle 3 or more enemies at the same time.

Having to jump with the :C: button feels strange at first though and i still need to get used to that. All in all it's my favorite beat 'em up on the Neo Geo. This is going to be a game that i will spend allot of hours with.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Rocking out on Undercover Cops (J). Been playing it every night since I got it, game is so good.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rocking Sengoku 3 on the Super Neo 29! Really digging the combo system so far. It's awesome that you can mix up special moves, together with normal puches and even throw some ninja stars for some extra damage, all in the same combo. Still trying to figure out the timing but when all is working it feels great. It's funny to be able to jiggle 3 or more enemies at the same time.

Having to jump with the :C: button feels strange at first though and i still need to get used to that. All in all it's my favorite beat 'em up on the Neo Geo. This is going to be a game that i will spend allot of hours with.
Sengoku 3 is all about juggles and crowd control, learn your combos on the ground, once comfortable start using your dash B attack for a quick juggle then chain more normal, you can either dash attack again or finish up with a special. Once you get a hold of this technic you'll be well on your way to become a better brawler, try implementing it to other brawlers and you'll see your game expand tenfold.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Sengoku 3 is all about juggles and crowd control, learn your combos on the ground, once comfortable start using your dash B attack for a quick juggle then chain more normal, you can either dash attack again or finish up with a special. Once you get a hold of this technic you'll be well on your way to become a better brawler, try implementing it to other brawlers and you'll see your game expand tenfold.

Thx for the tip. I love to juggle in this game. It's the first beat'em up i have where i can actually pull it off pretty decent already.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Played Altrered Beast and TMNT '89 online. I noticed most of the people playing beat 'em ups online are Brits. It's kinda suprising to me.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Played Dynamite cop for the first time. This game is great.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
it might be fun I cant torture myself with n64 type-o-graphics.

The gameplay graphics are pretty nice and the weird looking Cut scenes add to the charm of the game.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've been messing around with my PS2 Taito Legends 2 disc again lately (according to the game's clock, I only spent a little over seven hours on it since I bought it, which is surprising, considering how many great games there are on that compilation). Anyway, I played through Growl, Arabian Magic, and Dungeon Magic over the last few days. They're all fairly good, but, as I like fantasy/sword & sorcery type stuff, I'm going with Arabian Magic and Dungeon Magic as my two favorites. The isometric view in Dungeon Magic is pretty novel for the genre, although that does occasionally lead to some problems lining yourself up to attack properly (i.e., it looks like you can hit an object/enemy but you miss).

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm not sure how many people have played Tokyo Beat Down on the DS, but it's a solid game. Good graphics and fun to play. It even has a decent story.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I was playing some Mutation Nation on AES and Alien Storm on Mega Drive, great classics.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm not sure how many people have played Tokyo Beat Down on the DS, but it's a solid game. Good graphics and fun to play. It even has a decent story.
I saw that for cheap the other day and was curious, so a solid beat 'em up then ha? Reminds me of Zombie Revenge and Demolish Fist a bit.