What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the 1cc for it today.

I can say that it's a hell of a lot easier than Ran.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
The last weekend i was playing Comix Zone on Mega Drive/Genesis, awesome game, one of the best MD beat 'em up

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I 1cc'd New Zero Team by the skin of my teeth.

The default setting on the board was hard with no extends. Ughh.

newzeroscore.jpg

It's most likely the lowest score for a clear of all time, intentionally though.

There seem to be a few random elements to the game. In a few parts, certain enemies sometimes show up, and sometimes they don't.

So I tried to control as many variables as possible in not collecting the billions of score pick up items. I only did so if I knew they'd be in my way when attacking. Is it mental rank? I would imagine very few would know for sure.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Shameless self promotion.

spam spam spam

After clearing it with Spin (perhaps the only character people play?), I decided to do it with Ace (definitely inferior).

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Select character -> ride off on a motorcycle. Yeah, you know that game means business. Awesome game.

My latest pickup is for cps2. Green version, where the predators speak authentic predator language or something :lolz: . Still getting pwned by the queen though.
AvP_Title.jpg

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Been playing Final Fight & Marvel Heroes: war of the gems on Sfc, Sfc is a system with a lot of massive brawlers.
i would like to try Batman Returns, i still have not played it.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Cool thanks, I'll give that a try.

Changed the battery today. 1up for you! Interestingly enough, it still had the Capcom stickers over the screwholes.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Shameless self promotion.

spam spam spam

After clearing it with Spin (perhaps the only character people play?), I decided to do it with Ace (definitely inferior).

Impressive Death, how much did you put into getting a run that good?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Impressive Death, how much did you put into getting a run that good?

I've been playing the game since December. I first cleared it on the 17th of February. It took a week of multiple runs once I knew I almost had it.

The run in the video took four days of screwing up to achieve. I didn't have to necessarily relearn the whole game, but my approach had to be modified a bit for that character.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
This afternoon my nephews have come to my house, they are seven and four years old, i have been playing on Mega Drive/Genesis and when they arrived it was still connected to the TV, when they have seen the console they wanted to play on it. They have finished playing all afternoon on TMNT: Hyperstone Heist.
Nice idea¡¡

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Finally got around to actually playing and finishing Double Dragon Neon. Better game then I thought it'd be. Got caught up grinding tapes, crystals and money pretty much all day and ended up finishing normal mode with ease. Not sure if i'm gonna go through the other difficulties.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Yesterday i received Streets Of Rage 2 and i have been playing some on it, i think it is one of the best megadrive/genesis beat 'em up that i have ever played

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Threw in Mutation Nation again today, trying to beat it w/ the default credits. Got to the end of stage 4 :rolleyes:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Tried playing the two D&D games on cps2.
I dunno anymore - they're seeming like the games you can't really play solo.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Yesterday i received Streets Of Rage 2 and i have been playing some on it, i think it is one of the best megadrive/genesis beat 'em up that i have ever played

It's pretty much the best beat 'em up you will see on any system. There are other good ones (Final Fight, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Sengoku 2/3...) but none will touch SoR 2.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
It's pretty much the best beat 'em up you will see on any system. There are other good ones (Final Fight, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Sengoku 2/3...) but none will touch SoR 2.

Im a big fan of king of dragons, knights of the round, and d&d mysteria. Also feel like the golden axe games get left out of this discussion too often. Streets of rage 2 music is the best though without question. River city ransom is my all time fav tho

Last edited:

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Just played streets of rage to relive my childhood memories. I used to be able to beat the game with my eyes closed, now I cant even reach the last level. I stuck haha