What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Man I had that game on the Genesis. LOVED it. I especially loved it since The Punisher was my favorite comic book hero growing up, so kicking ass with he and Nick Fury made for fun weekends.

Are you playing the arcade version or the console version?

I tinkered with the arcade version but never went all in on it. I need to do that.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So I got the Punisher 1cc.

I now understand why it's considered one of Capcom's easiest arcade beat 'em ups.

Once you have a general understanding of what to expect for each stage, there is a ton of room to get by with scrubby stuff.

I was patient with the Kingpin (final boss) for about ten seconds, knowing I could on-the-ground regrab + throw him to death.

Instead, I corner desperation spammed him + bombed the hell out of him, dying once in the process. Either way, it's a cool game.

punisher.jpg

I should of taken a pic of the "The End" screen. I wasn't sure whether or not the highscore table would indicate an all clear.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

I now understand why it's considered one of Capcom's easiest arcade beat 'em ups.

Once you have a general understanding of what to expect for each stage, there is a ton of room to get by with scrubby stuff.

I was patient with the Kingpin (final boss) for about ten seconds, knowing I could on-the-ground regrab + throw him to death.

Instead, I corner desperation spammed him + bombed the hell out of him, dying once in the process. Either way, it's a cool game.

View attachment 20110

I should of taken a pic of the "The End" screen. I wasn't sure whether or not the highscore table would indicate an all clear.

Oh well.

Death, I'm pretty sure with you just saying you got the all we believe you. You're one of the few I've ever known that plays the shit out of games to the point of annihilation. :lolz:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Death, I'm pretty sure with you just saying you got the all we believe you. You're one of the few I've ever known that plays the shit out of games to the point of annihilation. :lolz:

Oh Kid Panda, you da best.

However, this game was not played to the point of annihilation.

I'd call it a thrilling, half-baked success story.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Playing Crime Fighters PCB. I've 1cced it before but just didn't happen today. The game screams late 80s-90s, but its got a rocking soundtrack. Nowhere near as good as Vendetta or Violent Storm, but give the jpn rom a try.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Playing Crime Fighters PCB. I've 1cced it before but just didn't happen today. The game screams late 80s-90s, but its got a rocking soundtrack. Nowhere near as good as Vendetta or Violent Storm, but give the jpn rom a try.

I love Violent Storm (I've 1cc'd the first loop, the second looks like a nightmare).

Vendetta is awesome but I've only played it superficially. I've never played the first Crime Fighters though. I should give it a try.

Violent Storm and Vendetta are really the only Konami beat 'em ups I like.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Its been the Simpsons Arcade, X-Men Arcade and Double Dragon Neon for me the last couple of days. Just playing whatever Beat em ups I have on my PS3 since I'm too lazy to hook up anything else right now.

Wish Capcom Arcade Cabinet had some beat em ups on it.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I love Violent Storm (I've 1cc'd the first loop, the second looks like a nightmare).

Vendetta is awesome but I've only played it superficially. I've never played the first Crime Fighters though. I should give it a try.

Violent Storm and Vendetta are really the only Konami beat 'em ups I like.

One day I'll own a Violent Storm, I could never get past the stage 4 boss on that. Whenever you play Crime Fighters make sure not to play the 4p rom. 2 player JP rom is the best version. The 2 player version adds the back kick to the 3rd button, takes away the draining life bar, and just makes the game playable.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Just discovered ultimate ninja storm revo and impressed so far..

Yun

New Challenger

View attachment 20110

Oh well.

Nice!

Have you 1cced Caddys and Dinos already?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I played Streets of Rage 2 recently, because of the BotM. Also, since I got my SD2SNES, I find myself playing much more Final fight Guy/2/3.

Regards.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I was just playing night slashers for the first time ever, hype is warranted.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Playing 4P Vendetta makes you feel like you're part of an actual streetgang. Great game.

Playing some D&D :SOM.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
At the suggestion of gumz, I played some Double Dragon 2 on the NES last night. That game is pretty fucken badass, and way better than the first one.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you've got a pce try the Double Dragon 2 remake. It's an interesting twist on the nes game.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Side scrolling action

Anyways congrats on the 1cc. Using the weapons and charge attacks makes the game a blast of a romp.

Thanks bro, I have always like this game a lot. I didn't have much luck using the charge punch. It got me hit more than anything but the nunchucks once I got them on stage 2 kept them the whole game lol.