What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Nice, it's just a lot smoother to play than the Xbox HD remake. Also no better way to play it than with Saturn controllers.

Best controller ever made. Often imitated, never duplicated!

The other day I was gonna get it on XBOXLive but decided not to, I hate DLC of any kind. I'm one of those who prefer to pay for physical items.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Best controller ever made. Often imitated, never duplicated!

The other day I was gonna get it on XBOXLive but decided not to, I hate DLC of any kind. I'm one of those who prefer to pay for physical items.

Nice, it's just a lot smoother to play than the Xbox HD remake. Also no better way to play it than with Saturn controllers.

xbl remake is rad. original gfx filter if you don't like the redux; pure sprite bliss. i don't doubt the goodness of a Saturn pad; however, i play GH w/ an arcade stick and have enjoyed it immensely. all of my combos from the Saturn rev work on the xbl (in original gameplay mode). @DD: what did you find to be not as smooth? perhaps i'm missing something...

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Denjin Makai I, anyone?

Yeah, the HorseBackemUp is a neat sub-genre of one X^D

I love the pace, gameplay, & just general "Capcominess" of this one. Guardians is a favorite of mine too...haven't had a chance to play DM I tho. Has anyone in the thread? Would love to hear more about it.

Dynasty Wars is a cool game that you don't hear about too often.

I've been playing Guardians (Denjin Makai II) and D&D Shadow of Mystara. D&D2 is really starting to click with me and I'm beginning to appreciate some of the brilliance of the combat system.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
TMNT: Turtles in Time on the SNES

Still a great game to play on the home console.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I usually try to break out Zero Team at least once a month. Maybe I'll fire it up tonight.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hey Wataru....I love Guardians/Denjin Makii II. I haven't played arcade Denjin Makaii I...but I love Ghost Chaser Densei (Makii I SFC port).

It's so ahead of it's time. Juggles and supers in a beat 'em up from 1994.

Anyways...I've been playing a lot of Final Fight Tough (3) and Nekketsu Oyako. Both have so many awesome moves and combos.

I've nailed the FF3 1cc with Haggar, but now I'm trying to clear it with guy.
Also @jeffkun...I've always wanted to play Zero Team. It looks great.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
zero team doesnt like my cabs :/ has a massive bend at the top for some reason, damn seibu :/

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Played Final Fight on the 360. Brings back alot of memories. Hopefully we'll be seeing some more old school beat 'em ups released soon.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Hey Wataru....I love Guardians/Denjin Makii II. I haven't played arcade Denjin Makaii I...but I love Ghost Chaser Densei (Makii I SFC port).

It's so ahead of it's time. Juggles and supers in a beat 'em up from 1994.

Anyways...I've been playing a lot of Final Fight Tough (3) and Nekketsu Oyako. Both have so many awesome moves and combos.

I've nailed the FF3 1cc with Haggar, but now I'm trying to clear it with guy.
Also @jeffkun...I've always wanted to play Zero Team. It looks great.

Hiya asid! Long time, no quote. We gotta spruce up Tate Mansion soon! ;^)

Thx for the word on the SFC makai game. I'm going to check w/ a couple of local buddies who are big on the Big N, & see if we can get it for our next meet up.

Love this hobby, mang! After all these years I'm still learning new tidbits like a tyro.

I finished up Warriors of Fate this evening. Got the 'good' ending w/ Portor...by the skin of my teeth tho.

The timer was down to '0'...so, for my end of the game tally I received no points for Cao Cao-even tho I defeated him before he could jump over the falls.

Haven't played this game thru since High School (late '92) and learned something new: a Guile 'flash kick' motion on the stick + attack gives Portor a flying elbow smash THAT CLEAVES ENEMIES IN HALF.

(!)

Even bosses; hit the final blow as the elbow smash and gore ensues. Was really surprised at this. Totally rad!

Last edited:

geise

Mickey's Coach
Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari on the PC-Engine. Also I just started playing Sengoku 1 on AES again.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hiya asid! Long time, no quote. We gotta spruce up Tate Mansion soon! ;^)

Thx for the word on the SFC makai game. I'm going to check w/ a couple of local buddies who are big on the Big N, & see if we can get it for our next meet up.

Love this hobby, mang! After all these years I'm still learning new tidbits like a tyro.

I finished up Warriors of Fate this evening. Got the 'good' ending w/ Portor...by the skin of my teeth tho.

The timer was down to '0'...so, for my end of the game tally I received no points for Cao Cao-even tho I defeated him before he could jump over the falls.

Haven't played this game thru since High School (late '92) and learned something new: a Guile 'flash kick' motion on the stick + attack gives Portor a flying elbow smash THAT CLEAVES ENEMIES IN HALF.

(!)

Even bosses; hit the final blow as the elbow smash and gore ensues. Was really surprised at this. Totally rad!

Yes. The TATE Mansion needs to be spruced up indeed.
From what I've read somewhere...Arcade Denjin Makai I doesn't have juggles. IDK if that's true. I guess the game still isn't fully emulated. What I can say for sure though, is that Ghost Chaser Densei (Makai I) is the most exciting beat 'em up on the SNES. Hands down.

BTW Warriors of Fate is awesome. The special moves/gory finishers are great. Capcom 2D sprites + gore is a great combo. The only other example of this that I know of is Captain Commando.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Just played some 3P Vendetta on MAME. Had a fucking blast.

Niraflen

n00b
Recently did an old-fashioned TMNT: The Arcade Game playthrough with 2 players. So many deaths. :lolz:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Either FINAL FIGHT and AvP or K.O.D and a D&D.

Depends what board stack I grab.

-----------------------

That reminds me: I need to find a reasonably priced PUNISHER and a WARRIORS OF FATE board.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Metamorphic Force. Awesome graphics and very fast gameplay.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
rage of the dragons on aes

got to be one of the best beat em ups :)

You are getting your genres mixed up, this thread is about side scrolling beat'em ups.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
You are getting your genres mixed up, this thread is about side scrolling beat'em ups.

For some reason UK residents call Fighters "beat em ups". Weird eh?

I wonder what they call actual beat 'em up games...