What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

Yun

New Challenger
It's not that bad. Extends are given out like candy. No more than three enemies at a time. An arcade Final Fight 1CC is holy shit worthy, something I've never done.

Change the dipswitch extend setting to "100k, every 200k", it actually stops giving extends at 900k, but the 1cc is a lot more doable this way than on default setting

ffightub-02-07-220036.png

1cc with Cody high score, botched attempt with Haggar 2nd score

dino-02-08-075419.png

1st credit with Mustapha after years without playing, lost 2 lives on 7th level then proceeded to beat the game. Best beat'em up ever

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Change the dipswitch extend setting to "100k, every 200k", it actually stops giving extends at 900k, but the 1cc is a lot more doable this way than on default setting

ffightub-02-07-220036.png

1cc with Cody high score, botched attempt with Haggar 2nd score

dino-02-08-075419.png

1st credit with Mustapha after years without playing, lost 2 lives on 7th level then proceeded to beat the game. Best beat'em up ever

Well, I eventually plan to make the Final Fight (default setting) and Cadillacs 1cc.

Right now I have been trying to put Captain Commando to rest. I can get to the final boss. I just tend to loose a life at the stage 6 boss fight, which puts me at a huge disadvantage later on in the game. I've spent months working out a solid strategy for this game. The 1cc is near...

Last edited:

Yun

New Challenger
Well, I eventually plan to make the Final Fight (default setting) and Cadillacs 1cc.

Right now I have been trying to put Captain Commando to rest. I can get to the final boss. I just tend to loose a life at the stage 6 boss fight, which puts me at a huge disadvantage later on in the game. I've spent months working out a solid strategy for this game. The 1cc is near...

Captain Commando arcade version?

Last edited:

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Just 1cc'd Final Fight 3 with Haggar, I'm ready to give my space heater a spinning piledriver!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the 1CC on the Playstation port of Captain Commando with Sho.

I'm a little disappointed how it went down. It wasn't a very clean run. I got lucky.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
you're too hard on yourself;) good job buddy!

Thanks. I made a stupid death, and beat the last three bosses with zero health on my last life. Plus several other fuck ups I should not be making after the amount of practice I've put into this game.

SamSpade

n00b
Nekketsu Oyako on my saturn, Punisher on the genesis, and Captain Commando with a little Pirates of Dark Water on the snes. Pretty winning combo of games really. I was really suprised how good Pirates was.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nekketsu Oyako on my saturn, Punisher on the genesis, and Captain Commando with a little Pirates of Dark Water on the snes. Pretty winning combo of games really. I was really suprised how good Pirates was.

I'm a big Nekketsu Oyako fan. And yes, Pirates is surprisingly decent. It's really long though.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Ninja Warriors again for SFC, and I'm loving it
I found out about it in this thread, definitely one of the best threads in the forum :D

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I brought Tenchi Wo kurau ii over to my friends house today and played it for a bit. I also had Nekketsu Oyako, but we didnt get around to playing it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I brought Tenchi Wo kurau ii over to my friends house today and played it for a bit. I also had Nekketsu Oyako, but we didnt get around to playing it.

Nekketsu and Tenchi Wo Kurau II > Guardian Heroes and D&D collection any day.

The former are definitely my favorite beat 'em ups on the Saturn.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

WoF might be my all time fave b-mup.

also, I NEEEEEEEED Nekketsu oyako:(

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've been playing Super Double Dragon 4 on SNES and Mighty Final Fight on NES.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
been playing 8man on neo geo of course and im expecting my mutation nation cart to be here any day now definitely gonna dump some time into that

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Lately I have been playing Violent Storm and Cadillac's and Dinosaurs on pcb, Capcom were the king's of the beat em up's in the early 90's

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Tested out the PGM2 rig last night, in anticipation of today's Bay Area meet.

Oriental Legend 2, FTMFW! Pigman's 24 hit super had me grinning like the cat who caught the canary.

Can't wait to 4p this one!

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Tested out the PGM2 rig last night, in anticipation of today's Bay Area meet.
Oriental Legend 2, FTMFW! Pigman's 24 hit super had me grinning like the cat who caught the canary.
Can't wait to 4p this one!

the whole visual design blew my head the first time I saw it,
such a shame its not available in cart format though :( I can't afford a stand alone PCB that expensive

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
the whole visual design blew my head the first time I saw it,
such a shame its not available in cart format though :( I can't afford a stand alone PCB that expensive

I got the cart for 69 bucks.
OL2, for PGM2.

My PGM2 mobo w/ KoV2 only ran 139. PGM2 mobo works w/ all PGM2 games...even of different colors (blue carts will work on red boards, & vice versa).

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I was playing some Batman Returns on the SNES last night. I still love that satisfying "CLUNK!" sound when you throw a clown into a traffic sign.