What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
andsuchisdeath, SNKorSWM - I love Double Dragon III! I prefer Double Dragon II, still, but I love all of the main series (with the exception of DD V, ugh).

Recent beatemup for me is Ninja Combat - introduced one of my students to it. Still a pretty fun game!

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
I've been tempted to download the new dlc for the scott pilgrim game since they added Wallace as a playable character now.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Captain Commando, but still no luck with 1CC

I feel you man. I've taken a break...

now I'm playing Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou for the Super Famicom. I just picked it up despite wanting to buy it for years. I'm having fun figuring out the moves.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I feel you man. I've taken a break...

now I'm playing Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou for the Super Famicom. I just picked it up despite wanting to buy it for years. I'm having fun figuring out the moves.

never heard of that one, had to youtube it, it looks great!

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Just got the simpsons pcb. Ive been playing it as well as the first TMNT, and sunset riders. Konami knew what they were doing when it came to beat em ups.
andsuchisdeath, SNKorSWM - I love Double Dragon III! I prefer Double Dragon II, still, but I love all of the main series (with the exception of DD V, ugh).

Recent beatemup for me is Ninja Combat - introduced one of my students to it. Still a pretty fun game!
REALLY?! You like double dragon III?! I love 1 and two, but when they made it so that you have to buy your moves and upgrades... I just cant play it.

-Bill

GUGFA

n00b
Just got the simpsons pcb. Ive been playing it as well as the first TMNT, and sunset riders. Konami knew what they were doing when it came to beat em ups.
-Bill

Well, actually i hate TMNT :D I was huge fan of any TMNT related stuff in childhood, but this game totally unplayable. Ugly game dynamic and hard as hell :) Wasted about 30 coins with my schoolmate (even with crediting 2 players from 1 coin cheat), but we only proceeded to Technodrome stage. But TMNT:Turtles in Time plays much-much better.
And yes, KONAMI made amazing games. Violent Storm and Sunset Riders two of my favorite games ever.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

REALLY?! You like double dragon III?! I love 1 and two, but when they made it so that you have to buy your moves and upgrades... I just cant play it.

-Bill

You missed the context in which Double Dragon III was mentioned.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What's is your favorite character and your progress in Captain Commando ?

Sho/Ginzu, stage 6 boss. On the last run I made, I had the boss left with a sliver of health before I died. You?

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
Fired up some Streets of Rage. Not on the iphone or xbox but on my old genny. Love when that first level music starts up!

GUGFA

n00b
Sho/Ginzu, stage 6 boss. On the last run I made, I had the boss left with a sliver of health before I died. You?

My favorite char: Mack the Knife. The progress quite random :D From stage 4 boss to stage 6. Depends where I'm loosing first life :)

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Knights of Valour 2 on PGM2 hardware. I really want Knights of Valour 3 but it's just stupid expensive. Gonna try and get into Shadow Force as well, but I seem to get destroyed quickly every time I play it.

Yeah I know the whole pricy part is kinda of a bummer, probably being less popular/known than the NG made it more "rare" thus making it a bit more expensive, the PGM surely has some interesting titles to check out though, I just found out about the it a couple of months ago. I'll eventually pick one up base board and get that awesome "The Gladiator" (a.k.a. The Road of the Sword) and play the shit out of that one...
Is KOV3, Super KOV? because I think P00t was selling one and not really expensive IMO.

Nice. Someday, I'd like to run my games on original hardware once again. I purged my collection when times were tough.
The PGM stuff (among others) runs lousy on xbox. I've never got a chance to try Knights of Valour 3. Can't say I've ever seen PGM or Crystal System stuffs in the wild.

I know exactly what you mean... I'm considering in selling some home carts to pay the bills, it sure sucks big time.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
the chief has a Sailor Moon pcb I'd love to buy, I've only played it on mame, and I dig the colors and art in that game, would love to get the pcb, at one point it was on my must-have list,but like N30 and Wat said, times are tough, and I've had to place myself on self imposed buying lockdown.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Mutation Nation, and enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
that game looks fantastic, I'd love to try it, what are your impressions?

It's my favorite beat 'em up on the Saturn. It's actually one of my favorite beat 'em ups period. Every claim that people make about this game being standard and generic couldn't be farther from the truth.

It has an amazing engine with plenty of special move commands, juggles, on the ground attacks, cancels etc. With two players you can juggle enemies back and forth, juggle off of throws, or just do throw volleys! It's colorful and has very wacky character designs. The music is decent too.

From what I understand, the Saturn version has been tweaked over the original Playstation release. The Saturn version has more moves and the juggle/cancel heavy engine. I've never played the Playstation version though.

There is pretty much nothing for videos which show off what can be done in the game engine wise. I'd make one myself if I wasn't technologically incompetent/unwilling to learn in general.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
It's my favorite beat 'em up on the Saturn. It's actually one of my favorite beat 'em ups period. Every claim that people make about this game being standard and generic couldn't be farther from the truth.

It has an amazing engine with plenty of special move commands, juggles, on the ground attacks, cancels etc. With two players you can juggle enemies back and forth, juggle off of throws, or just do throw volleys! It's colorful and has very wacky character designs. The music is decent too.

From what I understand, the Saturn version has been tweaked over the original Playstation release. The Saturn version has more moves and the juggle/cancel heavy engine. I've never played the Playstation version though.

There is pretty much nothing for videos which show off what can be done in the game engine wise. I'd make one myself if I wasn't technologically incompetent/unwilling to learn in general.

sounds amazing, I'm gonna have to snag a copy, I really want this now:glee:

NeoGeo-Qatar

Neo Jihad
10 Year Member
Just noticed that JPN store on PSN has

Tenchi o Kurau II: Sekiheki no

so i've downloaded it & was playing it all night

Greedo

Zero's Secretary
I love this beat'em all!

I don't speak Japanese, on PSN how can find the game?