What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Dynasty Wars. Finished it in one sitting last night. Leveled up Portor/Guan Yu to 8, & credit fed my HP into the 900s.

Not that it's impossible to collect enough food to survive; however, having massive HP let's you spam tactics w/out worry.

Not sure where I want to visit in xrombox land after this: Warriors of Fate (to stay w/in a theme) or Willow (to play CPS games in order by year of release).

Prolly Warriors of Fate, as from Willow's attract screen it seems more like a "zap 'em up" than beat 'em up.

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
Knights of Valour 2 on PGM2 hardware. I really want Knights of Valour 3 but it's just stupid expensive. Gonna try and get into Shadow Force as well, but I seem to get destroyed quickly every time I play it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Knights of Valour 2 on PGM2 hardware. I really want Knights of Valour 3 but it's just stupid expensive. Gonna try and get into Shadow Force as well, but I seem to get destroyed quickly every time I play it.

Nice. Someday, I'd like to run my games on original hardware once again.

I purged my collection when times were tough.

The PGM stuff (among others) runs lousy on xbox.

I've never got a chance to try Knights of Valour 3. Can't say I've ever seen PGM or Crystal System stuffs in the wild.

Any PA/DE/NJ members w/in driving distance of the greater-philly area see any good BemU's in the wild?

jon713

Camel Slug
Yesterday, I grabbed me a copy of final fight 2 for the super famicon. Kinda fun...

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Violent Storm - Konami board.

Been trying to 1cc Sengoku again, this time in MVS difficulty for a valid score.

I may try to also 1cc it on hard but I´ll have to make changes in the routine I already established.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've been messing around with different scenarios with the streets of rage remake.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Nice. Someday, I'd like to run my games on original hardware once again.

I purged my collection when times were tough.

The PGM stuff (among others) runs lousy on xbox.

I've never got a chance to try Knights of Valour 3. Can't say I've ever seen PGM or Crystal System stuffs in the wild.

Any PA/DE/NJ members w/in driving distance of the greater-philly area see any good BemU's in the wild?

What part of PA are you in, Wataru?

Vince's Batting Cages in Newark, DE has a TMNT and a Simpson's cabinet. Truthfully, that's about as much beat 'em up action I've seen in the wild in quite some time. A very nice barcade style venue just opened up in Wilmington a few weeks ago called 1984 which specializes in retro arcade games and pinballs (visit their site at http://1984wilmington.com/) They have mostly pre-jamma stuff, but if they do well I wouldn't be surprised if they end up adding a few beat 'em ups to their lineup. If they do and you're up for the drive I'll definitely let you know.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
What part of PA are you in, Wataru?

Vince's Batting Cages in Newark, DE has a TMNT and a Simpson's cabinet. Truthfully, that's about as much beat 'em up action I've seen in the wild in quite some time. A very nice barcade style venue just opened up in Wilmington a few weeks ago called 1984 which specializes in retro arcade games and pinballs (visit their site at http://1984wilmington.com/) They have mostly pre-jamma stuff, but if they do well I wouldn't be surprised if they end up adding a few beat 'em ups to their lineup. If they do and you're up for the drive I'll definitely let you know.

Thanks for the word, 'Pixels!

Currently I'm in 08078 (a little South of South Philly in beautiful Runnemede, NJ).

Wilmington is doable; I used to live in Trolley Square & have DE pals.

Thinking of checking out the Barcade that opened in Fishtown...just haven't gotten around to it yet.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Thanks for the word, 'Pixels!

Currently I'm in 08078 (a little South of South Philly in beautiful Runnemede, NJ).

Wilmington is doable; I used to live in Trolley Square & have DE pals.

Thinking of checking out the Barcade that opened in Fishtown...just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Very cool man. 1984 is between Greenhill and Union, so it's not especially far from the Trolley area. Fishtown looks awesome, I'd definitely like to make a daytrip up there myself. If you do end up stopping by 1984 give me a shout and we can go a few rounds at whatever.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
I still get into sengoku 2, top notch for me.... i think ill play it now :/

Sengoku 2 is awesome. I definitely need to hunt down a cart sometime soon. Sengoku is actually the game that got me into the Neo back in '91. I still love the game to death, even though it is cheap as hell. Nothing beats that Final Fight meets Big Trouble in Little China cheesiness.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Very cool man. 1984 is between Greenhill and Union, so it's not especially far from the Trolley area. Fishtown looks awesome, I'd definitely like to make a daytrip up there myself. If you do end up stopping by 1984 give me a shout and we can go a few rounds at whatever.

Sure thing, man.

Trying to get some BeU action in the NextLevelVideogames shop 4slot.

GrandAmChandler from DE often makes the trip to the shop on the 1st Saturday of the month for the SJC meetups.

www.nlvideogames.com

Lmk if you decide to come thru!

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
played Double Dragon last week. First time in about a year or so could only make it to the damn spikes/spears just before the final battle.

Does anyone know how to safely navigate that bullshit? It's so random and it's pure luck if I don't get killed there.

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
Dynasty Wars. Finished it in one sitting last night. Leveled up Portor/Guan Yu to 8, & credit fed my HP into the 900s.

Not that it's impossible to collect enough food to survive; however, having massive HP let's you spam tactics w/out worry.

Dynasty Wars is a cool game that you don't hear about too often.

I've been playing Guardians (Denjin Makai II) and D&D Shadow of Mystara. D&D2 is really starting to click with me and I'm beginning to appreciate some of the brilliance of the combat system.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
My brother had my saturn out and playing guardian heroes for the first time [his first time]. I was watching him for about an hour and when he got tired of it before i made him pack it up I put in a solid 30 minutes of game-play. Not much but still great time.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
My brother had my saturn out and playing guardian heroes for the first time [his first time]. I was watching him for about an hour and when he got tired of it before i made him pack it up I put in a solid 30 minutes of game-play. Not much but still great time.

Nice, it's just a lot smoother to play than the Xbox HD remake. Also no better way to play it than with Saturn controllers.