What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Have you played Elevator Action Returns for the Saturn and the taito system 3? Fucking awesome!!!

That's the one I was playing. I've heard the Saturn version brought up many many times but maybe because of the name and after playing the first one I guessed it wasn't worth looking into. How wrong I was. The second one is WAY better then the first game.

Is the Saturn version special in any way?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I MUST HAVE IT!!!!

I guess outside of owning the board, it's the coolest way to play the game.

Collections/compilation discs are good for what they are, but if I really like a game I want it to get the individual treatment, and not have it feel like a budget throw in with a whole bunch of other titles.

Plus the artwork is really nice.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah I'm the same way. I love having individual discs and for the most part still hold on to all of mine and seek them out whenever I can.

I don't know if this is one of those games i'll get for the collection. If the right price comes along i'll swoop it up.

Adooration

n00b
Playing Sengoku on my AES at the moment. Feels good playing the first MVS-game I ever laid my eyes on. Still love it to this day, despite its flaws. Hard as balls, though. But I'm getting further and further into it and I just love sinking my teeth deeper and deeper into it

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Man I've been straight up binge playing Dragon's Crown. Such an incredible game. A friend and I ran through the beggining part were you have to collect the nine items or whatever.

Haven't had some such satisfying old school coop gaming like this in a long while.

Been getting back into Alien Vs. Predator lately. So much depth and character variety out of relatively simple tools, absolutely my favorite Beat-em-up.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
the artwork is really nice.

Could be one of the strongest points in the game but so is the gameplay and the OST, geez this game is all great!

This thread is so genuine, could be 'cause Brawlers are so straight forward, no "OMG cave!", no "OMG Crapcom!", no "OMG SNK!", none of that shit, just good damn games and some bad ones to discuss about.

AvP is an amazing game, so is Dragon's Crown, has anyone heard of Gladiator? PGM game, it's so awesome! I think it's emulated in MAME by now.

CL4P-TP

n00b
Batman Returns on the SNES. It seems a bit basic from my first couple times playing but is fun overall.

Scored a deathless on difficulty 8 in AvP yesterday with Predator Warrior, gonna try and work on Linn next I think.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Scored a deathless on difficulty 8 in AvP yesterday with Predator Warrior, gonna try and work on Linn next I think.

You da man.

Take over for me on the BOTM, I've been thinking about retiring anyways.

Last edited:

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Final Fight 2 (JAP) on the Snes.

It's not bad but it lacks some stuff to be good. Sometimes the enemies can be a little cheap and knock you down when you just got back up. There is no animation when your character stands still. The music is not that good either. There is no variation in the enemies. Some stages have a 'muddy' look to them. The gameplay itself however is solid enough to last.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Final Fight 2 (JAP) on the Snes.

It's not bad but it lacks some stuff to be good. Sometimes the enemies can be a little cheap and knock you down when you just got back up. There is no animation when your character stands still. The music is not that good either. There is no variation in the enemies. Some stages have a 'muddy' look to them. The gameplay itself however is solid enough to last.

Yeah but you have a super special limited 2 of a kind RARE orange and red Final Fight 2.

Final Fight 2 is easy. Carlos and Maki punch infinite everyone. Cancel the combos into throws for crowd control when an enemy is creeping behind you. Haggar punch into suplex combo is great for crowd control. He's powerful and you can drop kick and back splash everyone for days. Also, you practically get an extend in every stage.

A lot of people don't like Final Fight 2 though and I get it.

Sometimes the enemies can be a little cheap and knock you down when you just got back up.

LOL, go play some arcade Final Fight.

Bill Kilgore

LOL, go play some arcade Final Fight.

I know but this was my reaction of the first playthrough. Still, Streets of Rage 2 or TMNT: Turtles in Time are way easier to me then this one, but maybe that's just because they are more interesting then Final Fight 2. I do love to throw people into a crowd with this one.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I've been playing Batman Returns on the SNES lately. It has some pretty good music and plays nicely. I finally figured out what those damn test tubes were used for and how to use them. :scratch: Apparently this game has 2 desperation moves. One's just some super punch and the test tube is a screen-clearing item.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Apparently this game has 2 desperation moves. One's just some super punch and the test tube is a screen-clearing item.

It took me a little while to figure that out.

Hitting block also allows you to reset your combos.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Batman Returns used to be my favorite brawler for the SNES. The 2 enemies grab head crush is my favorite move.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Batman Returns on the NES and TMNT Hyperstone Heist on the Genesis. Hyperstone Heist is a lot different than the SNES version and I really have been enjoying this game. The sound and music definitely have a Genesis feel and that is just so awesome!

Bill Kilgore

Playing Burning Fight and Mutation Nation on the MVS. Mutation Nation being the better one ofcourse but Burning Fight ain't that bad either. Anyone know any strategies to stay alive in Burning Fight? Especially that Marshal boss character at the end of stage 2 and those 4 fatties at the end of stage 4 are a pain in the but.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Playing Burning Fight and Mutation Nation on the MVS. Mutation Nation being the better one ofcourse but Burning Fight ain't that bad either. Anyone know any strategies to stay alive in Burning Fight? Especially that Marshal boss character at the end of stage 2 and those 4 fatties at the end of stage 4 are a pain in the but.

Burning Fight has yet to be a nut I've fully cracked. I don't have any fool proof Marshall strats.

But if you're looking for some Mutation Nation tips
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...tion-Nation!&p=3682030&viewfull=1#post3682030