What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've been playing Ghost Chaser Densei for a few days, and I nailed the 1CC tonight. There isn't a better beat 'em up than this on the SNES.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
I played through Final Fight CD with Cody last night, and I thought I was doing pretty well until I reached Abigail. MAN! He's not, like, super-duper difficult, but compared to Thrasher, Katana, Edi-E, and Rolento, he seems like a big jump in assholishness.

The last stage ate-up my lives like there was no tomorrow, I think mainly because there's so many areas which have a diverse group of enemies, forcing me to be afraid of ElGado/HollyWood flying at me while Oriber/WongWho/Oriber threaten to charge their fat-asses and the Simons gang pings away as soon as I let them get close.--The A.I. on the grunts really takes a jump in the Bay Area and Uptown areas, and combined with what seemed to be hundreds of J/TwoPs testing their boxing skills on my face, I was far more humbled than the Slum/Subway/WestSide made me.

Oh, and that fucker in the wheelchair, Belger?--Geez. Who would've thought his damned crossbow would be more dangerous than Edi-E's pistol?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I played through Final Fight CD with Cody last night, and I thought I was doing pretty well until I reached Abigail. MAN! He's not, like, super-duper difficult, but compared to Thrasher, Katana, Edi-E, and Rolento, he seems like a big jump in assholishness.

The last stage ate-up my lives like there was no tomorrow, I think mainly because there's so many areas which have a diverse group of enemies, forcing me to be afraid of ElGado/HollyWood flying at me while Oriber/WongWho/Oriber threaten to charge their fat-asses and the Simons gang pings away as soon as I let them get close.--The A.I. on the grunts really takes a jump in the Bay Area and Uptown areas, and combined with what seemed to be hundreds of J/TwoPs testing their boxing skills on my face, I was far more humbled than the Slum/Subway/WestSide made me.

Oh, and that fucker in the wheelchair, Belger?--Geez. Who would've thought his damned crossbow would be more dangerous than Edi-E's pistol?

Final fight is ALOT cheaper than I remember it being.......

Me, playing Sailor Moon Super Famicom.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Ninja Baseball Bat Man. It's such weird totally random colorful game. I can't wait to try some 4 players action with it.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Guilty Gear Judgment. Gorgeus,very underrated and overlooked beat em up. The enemy types are a little boring, but the animation and combat are solid.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
playing some Beats of Rage on the cab:)

P1020351.jpg

Man Beats of Rage! I forgot about that scene. Where can I download that version?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Man Beats of Rage! I forgot about that scene. Where can I download that version?

I'm not sure exactly what version this is, I have it on a beatdown collection for dreamcast, and I'm running the the DC on the cab with an adapter. gotta love the BOR's, just good fun.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Its one of those "Beats of Rage" games- Theres a Double Dragon Extreme thats on the Beats of Rage Engine too. The BOR is pretty easy to port to DC if I remember correctly. Bunch of homebrew, that it is.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Alien vs Predator, cps2 version. Absolutely love it! One seriously long game though... Has anyone ever 1cced it?

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Went through Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and Knights of the Round back-to-back yesterday.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

While Garou is a fantastic game, it is a Vs. Fighting game, like Street Fighter series. This a thread dedicated to beat-em-ups, for example, Final Fight, Double Dragon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade, Sengoku, Mutation Nation, Robo Army, etc.

The english term for beat-em-up is pretty vague, and I could easily see it getting mixed up with a fighting game.;)

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just got Sengoku 3 recently and got it going for the first time a few days ago. My wife loves it, and I think it's a pretty good beat em' up, albeit a little slow paced. I keep reading that Sengoku 1 & 2 are better games, and I'll try to hunt them down in the future, but for now, this is a pretty damn fun game!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I keep reading that Sengoku 1 & 2 are better games, and I'll try to hunt them down in the future, but for now, this is a pretty damn fun game!

Neither Sengoku 1 or 2 are better games. They both have very limited mechanics and are both super difficult if you were to go for a 1CC. I suppose they both have better presentation and maybe more "soul", but they are bland game play wise in comparison to Sengoku 3.

If you are nostalgic for the first two, then you might disagree with me, but nostalgia in this case is a none issue.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Neither Sengoku 1 or 2 are better games. They both have very limited mechanics and are both super difficult if you were to go for a 1CC. I suppose they both have better presentation and maybe more "soul", but they are bland game play wise in comparison to Sengoku 3.

If you are nostalgic for the first two, then you might disagree with me, but nostalgia in this case is a none issue.

No, that's good to hear. I had never actually played a Sengoku title before in the arcades, so I've had no basis for comparison. I'm really liking this one, and like I said before, the wife likes it a lot too, so it was a good buy imo. Thanks for the info on the other two, I'll probably still try to check them out, but at least now I don't necessarily feel like I'm missing out :D

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
No, that's good to hear. I had never actually played a Sengoku title before in the arcades, so I've had no basis for comparison. I'm really liking this one, and like I said before, the wife likes it a lot too, so it was a good buy imo. Thanks for the info on the other two, I'll probably still try to check them out, but at least now I don't necessarily feel like I'm missing out :D

You're really not missing out. I prefer 3 to 2 and 1 as well. If 3 had a bit of a quicker pace, there'd be no room for real complaint.