Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162
Results 1,526 to 1,534 of 1534

Thread: What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

Armored Scrum Object

I picked up Double Dragon IV for the Switch last week and have put several hours into it since. Amazingly fun game and I don't get the general distain for it by most people. I don't know what disappointed people were expecting, they went for a NES-style DDII sequel and delivered above and beyond exactly that. It has quite a few levels, an endless survival mode, modern or retro soundtrack, and the ability to play any mode in the game with every single fucking character. I can throw $7 in the garbage and not miss it. I guarantee if they shoehorned this into a real NES cart and charged 7 bucks for it people would shit and rub it in their hair.

In perspective it costs like $1 more than NES Double Dragon II sells for on any Virtual Console platform, and to me delivers a hell of a lot more than the $30 3DS River City sequels.

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.

Was hitting Golden Axe (MD) yesterday, made it a mission to kill the two skeletons before beating Death Bringer. They are tough SOBs...
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

Krizalid's Fashion Designer

I agree it's a very good game. Just picked it up for PS4. Graphics wise it did make me balk at getting it right away, but the controls feel amazing for a NES style game. Dunno if it's better then the overclocked Super Double Dragon or Gameboy Advance Double Dragon, but it's up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
    I picked up Double Dragon IV for the Switch last week and have put several hours into it since. Amazingly fun game and I don't get the general distain for it by most people. I don't know what disappointed people were expecting, they went for a NES-style DDII sequel and delivered above and beyond exactly that. It has quite a few levels, an endless survival mode, modern or retro soundtrack, and the ability to play any mode in the game with every single fucking character. I can throw $7 in the garbage and not miss it. I guarantee if they shoehorned this into a real NES cart and charged 7 bucks for it people would shit and rub it in their hair.

In perspective it costs like $1 more than NES Double Dragon II sells for on any Virtual Console platform, and to me delivers a hell of a lot more than the $30 3DS River City sequels.

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Thor: God of Thunder on the NDS. There's a LOT of air juggling combo potential for a beat-em-up, which I like, since Thor has a pop-up uppercut and he can jump two screens high and throw his hammer in any direction. I only finished the first two chapters, but I'm digging it so far. You can find and equip a variety of runes too, my favorite thus far is the one you get early on that adds a shockwave effect, around Thor, when you throw the hammer, which is great for clearing crowds and wrecks the bosses' shit pretty good too if you toss Mjolnir at close range.
    "My wife and I got a rule, we only smoke after sex. Iíve had the same pack of cigarettes since 1975!"
    - Rodney Dangerfield

I wish my name
    IRL... Was Rich.
    SCOOPIN' USA!
    Isle of the Vewlix, in the Castle of Scoops

Been jamming on Caddilacs and Dinosaurs. Having trouble with some of the combos. Can someone chime in on this Mustapha combo?
    May not post properly but its around the 1:36 mark where he starts a punch combo into a throw into a flip kick.

Last edited by radiantsvgun; 12-19-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Insane Neo-Freak

Quote Originally Posted by radiantsvgun View Post
    Been jamming on Caddilacs and Dinosaurs. Having trouble with some of the combos. Can someone chime in on this Mustapha combo?
    May not post properly but its around the 1:36 mark where he starts a punch combo into a throw into a flip kick.

They're just doing a combo with a backwards throw ender (down) and cancelling the throw animation with up+ attack. It just takes a little practice timing it. But everyone knows, the real way to play mustapha is dropkick, dropkick, dropkick.

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    But everyone knows, the real way to play mustapha is dropkick, dropkick, dropkick.
    Just like playing Hannah is all about that knee ... People who have seen me play eventually have to leave the room, because Hannah's "Haaaa!" accompanying the knee attack gets too annoying. You can combo her rolling attack, just like Mustafa's flip kick, but it's too weak, and leaves you open to opponent's attacks during the roll.

I wish my name
    IRL... Was Rich.
    SCOOPIN' USA!
    Isle of the Vewlix, in the Castle of Scoops

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    They're just doing a combo with a backwards throw ender (down) and cancelling the throw animation with up+ attack. It just takes a little practice timing it. But everyone knows, the real way to play mustapha is dropkick, dropkick, dropkick.
    I finally got the mechanic down, the timing is tricky. When I started playing it like a SF Guile flash kick it became much easier.

Any tips on the boss of the garage stage? He destroys me each time, similar to how I always get kicked in the teeth by Rolento in Final Fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Insane Neo-Freak

Quote Originally Posted by radiantsvgun View Post

Any tips on the boss of the garage stage? He destroys me each time, similar to how I always get kicked in the teeth by Rolento in Final Fight.
    Well, I've done like only 3 runs of C&D in about 2 years, but my strat is pretty much the same as the one linked in the michaelpf08 video. Uzi + drop kicks + trying to anticipate the boss's dashing slash by comboing him instead of drop kicking.
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 12-29-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Thread Information