Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

Andy's Clothes Designer

I've been playing Ghost Chaser Densei for a few days, and I nailed the 1CC tonight. There isn't a better beat 'em up than this on the SNES.

Jaguar Ninja
    Northern California-- where interesting things in America are born!

I played through Final Fight CD with Cody last night, and I thought I was doing pretty well until I reached Abigail. MAN! He's not, like, super-duper difficult, but compared to Thrasher, Katana, Edi-E, and Rolento, he seems like a big jump in assholishness.

The last stage ate-up my lives like there was no tomorrow, I think mainly because there's so many areas which have a diverse group of enemies, forcing me to be afraid of ElGado/HollyWood flying at me while Oriber/WongWho/Oriber threaten to charge their fat-asses and the Simons gang pings away as soon as I let them get close.--The A.I. on the grunts really takes a jump in the Bay Area and Uptown areas, and combined with what seemed to be hundreds of J/TwoPs testing their boxing skills on my face, I was far more humbled than the Slum/Subway/WestSide made me.

Oh, and that fucker in the wheelchair, Belger?--Geez. Who would've thought his damned crossbow would be more dangerous than Edi-E's pistol?

3t3rn@l n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Satori View Post
    I played through Final Fight CD with Cody last night, and I thought I was doing pretty well until I reached Abigail. MAN! He's not, like, super-duper difficult, but compared to Thrasher, Katana, Edi-E, and Rolento, he seems like a big jump in assholishness.

The last stage ate-up my lives like there was no tomorrow, I think mainly because there's so many areas which have a diverse group of enemies, forcing me to be afraid of ElGado/HollyWood flying at me while Oriber/WongWho/Oriber threaten to charge their fat-asses and the Simons gang pings away as soon as I let them get close.--The A.I. on the grunts really takes a jump in the Bay Area and Uptown areas, and combined with what seemed to be hundreds of J/TwoPs testing their boxing skills on my face, I was far more humbled than the Slum/Subway/WestSide made me.

Oh, and that fucker in the wheelchair, Belger?--Geez. Who would've thought his damned crossbow would be more dangerous than Edi-E's pistol?
    Final fight is ALOT cheaper than I remember it being.......

Me, playing Sailor Moon Super Famicom.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdamm View Post
    we barely even talk about neo here.

Lasso Champion

Ninja Baseball Bat Man. It's such weird totally random colorful game. I can't wait to try some 4 players action with it.

3t3rn@l n00b

Guilty Gear Judgment. Gorgeus,very underrated and overlooked beat em up. The enemy types are a little boring, but the animation and combat are solid.

Ace Ghost Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Mugicha View Post
    playing some Beats of Rage on the cab

Man Beats of Rage! I forgot about that scene. Where can I download that version?

3t3rn@l n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Wachenroder View Post
    Man Beats of Rage! I forgot about that scene. Where can I download that version?
    I'm not sure exactly what version this is, I have it on a beatdown collection for dreamcast, and I'm running the the DC on the cab with an adapter. gotta love the BOR's, just good fun.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Splatterhouse on Dreamcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Neogeomaniac67 View Post
    Ok I'm confused :/

3t3rn@l n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Neogeomaniac67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidpanda View Post
    Ok I'm confused :/

SPLATTERHOUSE TRILOGY NTSC US by Dreamcasting, on Flickr
    Last edited by Mugicha; 05-13-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Gives Rimjobs to Captain Commando
    White Knight of Capcom

I am still confused. Your truthful evidence just raise more questons.

Throne of Games

Hardened Shock Trooper

Its one of those "Beats of Rage" games- Theres a Double Dragon Extreme thats on the Beats of Rage Engine too. The BOR is pretty easy to port to DC if I remember correctly. Bunch of homebrew, that it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasuto View Post
    All this social networking is just about giving people the illusion that their life is really important.

No one gives a shit what you ate for breakfast.

sorry for the bad news.

Belnar Institute Student

Alien vs Predator, cps2 version. Absolutely love it! One seriously long game though... Has anyone ever 1cced it?

3t3rn@l n00b

the adventures of Bayou Billy

Kyokugen's Student

Quote Originally Posted by mr aize View Post
    Alien vs Predator
    I'm hoping to play this one sometime soon

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;"

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the gasoline and the whole compound and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away..." Ancient Flounder's Avatar

Went through Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and Knights of the Round back-to-back yesterday.

3t3rn@l n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Flounder View Post
    Went through Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and Knights of the Round back-to-back yesterday.
    that's a badass run

Mighty Final Fight for me this week.

Lasso Champion

DDII

Rugal's Thug

GMoTW.

3t3rn@l n00b

Quote Originally Posted by bravojohny View Post
    GMoTW.
    While Garou is a fantastic game, it is a Vs. Fighting game, like Street Fighter series. This a thread dedicated to beat-em-ups, for example, Final Fight, Double Dragon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade, Sengoku, Mutation Nation, Robo Army, etc.

The english term for beat-em-up is pretty vague, and I could easily see it getting mixed up with a fighting game.

Andy's Clothes Designer

The english term for beat-em-up is pretty vague, and I could easily see it getting mixed up with a fighting game.
    Many uninformed Europeans use the term beat 'em up for fighting games.

Axel's Trainer

I just got Sengoku 3 recently and got it going for the first time a few days ago. My wife loves it, and I think it's a pretty good beat em' up, albeit a little slow paced. I keep reading that Sengoku 1 & 2 are better games, and I'll try to hunt them down in the future, but for now, this is a pretty damn fun game!

Andy's Clothes Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Renmauzo View Post
    I keep reading that Sengoku 1 & 2 are better games, and I'll try to hunt them down in the future, but for now, this is a pretty damn fun game!
    Neither Sengoku 1 or 2 are better games. They both have very limited mechanics and are both super difficult if you were to go for a 1CC. I suppose they both have better presentation and maybe more "soul", but they are bland game play wise in comparison to Sengoku 3.

If you are nostalgic for the first two, then you might disagree with me, but nostalgia in this case is a none issue.

Axel's Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    Neither Sengoku 1 or 2 are better games. They both have very limited mechanics and are both super difficult if you were to go for a 1CC. I suppose they both have better presentation and maybe more "soul", but they are bland game play wise in comparison to Sengoku 3.

If you are nostalgic for the first two, then you might disagree with me, but nostalgia in this case is a none issue.
    No, that's good to hear. I had never actually played a Sengoku title before in the arcades, so I've had no basis for comparison. I'm really liking this one, and like I said before, the wife likes it a lot too, so it was a good buy imo. Thanks for the info on the other two, I'll probably still try to check them out, but at least now I don't necessarily feel like I'm missing out

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Quote Originally Posted by Renmauzo View Post
    No, that's good to hear. I had never actually played a Sengoku title before in the arcades, so I've had no basis for comparison. I'm really liking this one, and like I said before, the wife likes it a lot too, so it was a good buy imo. Thanks for the info on the other two, I'll probably still try to check them out, but at least now I don't necessarily feel like I'm missing out
    You're really not missing out. I prefer 3 to 2 and 1 as well. If 3 had a bit of a quicker pace, there'd be no room for real complaint.

Thread Information