New England

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Splitt442: Game selection was ok... I played Ms Pacman, Tetris (highscore #4 JSB), Smash TV, Metal Slug, Millipede and the above mentioned MvC (highscore #2 JSB).

I wanted to play some pinball, they removed a busted table (three total) and replaced it with Adams Family (one of my all time faves). This didn't happen until later in the day (3~4pm) however, and the line was about 3 people deep at all times until I left just before 5pm (above post was made live from my cellphone).

Some lady took my picture while I was playing Tetris, when I got home I checked the Facebook page but I guess they didn't post/use it. :(

I really had a blast on MvC, only one person beat me once all day. I was accused of being "cheap" by more than one person, and eventually no one would step up to play with me anymore. It really took me back to the glory days of the fighting game scene. If only they had a MK2 cab, I'd show 'em the meaning of the word "cheap" with the Kitana fan lift combo of doom!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Just got back from The Quarters with ECZangief and Jambitboom, it's awesome. It was daytime and fairly packed with families, kids, a toddler, and lots of dudes. Food smelled good but I've yet to try the Kimchi Pup. Got the #1 score in 1943 on my last attempt before leaving. The Astro City with MVC was nice to see (Larrabee's old cab), I'm considering putting in my Astro with a proper shmup, hmmm.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Looks like it's 2 hours away. That's a bit of a drive.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Yup it was 2 hours for me as well. Its not the sort of trip I want to make every weekend, but I'm glad I went.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
What was your 1943 score? I'd like to at least stop in once and check it out sometime.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Feb 15, what up?! What kind of setup are we gonna be playing on? I can bring stuff, got games, hardware and plenty of Super Turbo skill to landslide the joint! I know is taboo and all that jazz but I have a MAME setup that could prove useful if need be.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Feb 15, what up?! What kind of setup are we gonna be playing on? I can bring stuff, got games, hardware and plenty of Super Turbo skill to landslide the joint! I know is taboo and all that jazz but I have a MAME setup that could prove useful if need be.

Best be bringing your FFS/FHD/Kizuna skills.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I can bring:

Super Turbo
Alpha 2
Fighter's History (don't know if this one works anymore)
Raiden Fighters

Also, I would enjoy playing some FHD. I only have one friend I ever get to play with.

jambitboom

Cham Cham's Banana
Hows the game selection?

I went there this past sunday, it's mostly classic stuff. Pacman Jr., Joust, Millipede, 1943. NBA Jam made an appearance, but the only fighting game out was MvC. I heard he has a Alpha 2 and COTA that he can switch into the cab.

It's a cool place, lots of people too, and there's something satisfying about using quarters in an arcade again

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I went there this past sunday, it's mostly classic stuff. Pacman Jr., Joust, Millipede, 1943. NBA Jam made an appearance, but the only fighting game out was MvC. I heard he has a Alpha 2 and COTA that he can switch into the cab.

It's a cool place, lots of people too, and there's something satisfying about using quarters in an arcade again

I wouldn't mind spending a few hours on Alpha 2 on an Astro.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I think he meant the arcade has it (alpha2) to swap in, maybe I'm stating the obvious.

I didn't get a very good 1943 score, just under 400,000. But considering I hadn't played since the mid 80's and I didn't understand the weapon-pickup system until after a few credits, not terrible. Also I didn't realize that A+B was loop, while just B was bomb. I kept getting shotgun accidentally which hosed me on bosses that were timing out.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle

tv's
15" LCD with S-vid and vga (non-laggy)
27" sony trinitron with s-vid
32 or 36" sony tube with HDMI
24" Asus "evo" monitor

consoles
AES
PS2
PS3
x-box (no hdmi out)

I have a fair amount of arcade boards still, but no cab or plans to get a cab anymore. CVS2 3s, Alpha 2 both rival schools and some other if anyone has a super gun, feel free to bring it.

Also have 1 or 2 laptops with fba on them and have no problem paying teh rom.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I was just going to bring alcohol (I'm a gin guy) and maybe these sticks/adapter to play some PC MAME...

20130705_121322-1.jpg
uni-wncca-02.png

I have a pile of modded/flash cart enabled (Saturn, Genesis combo, SNES, Dreamcast) consoles, but I lack the normal av cables to hook them up to a reg TV. My PVM is too bulky/heavy so its not invited.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle

yes yes unless it's tanqueray.

for games I think I have the following, but I'll check when i get home.

PS2
CVS2
3s/ST

PS3
HD Remix
VF5S
maybe a SF4 and maybe a MVC3 but I highly doubt they are the most resent versions
KOF 13

SkullGirls
MOTW
VF5S
sfxtekken (hasn't been updated in over a year)
AE (hasn't been updated in over a year)
UMVC3 (not 100% but I think I have at least one copy still)
KOF 13

neo home
MOTW
KOF98
LB 2
SS 2
MD3

There may be others, but I honestly have no clue what I have left.