Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Why weren't you there? I didn't see any big tornados in the forecast :keke:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Are you using her now? Could be dangerous...at any rate, be glad I gave you guys room to play against each other...I have to say the clean inputs of asid are uncanny, you never hear a mash crazy set, just clean timely presses, always so classy, I'm dirty though, so dirty that I always get a D- in thurdstrike...

What do you think DDT stands for? Double Dirty Trap...

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Round 1 arcade opened in Taunton. Heard they are loaded on lcd candy cabs and have a strong selection of fighters. Gotta get down there.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I went on opening day. Their fighter selection is good, if a bit outdated. All are head to head.

KoF98 UM
Blazblue CS
2x KoF 13
Third Strike
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Tekken Tag 2 Unlimited
2x SF4 AE 2012
Guilty Gear XX AC
Melty Blood AA
Virtua Fighter 5 FS

There's also darts, pool, bowling, ping pong, karaoke, music games, lightgun games, a giant Tetris, all sorts of stuff. You can also pay a flat rate for the fighters for a bit over an hour of gametime if you want to grind it out. Seems like a good spot to take a group even if they're not all arcade nerds.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I went on opening day. Their fighter selection is good, if a bit outdated. All are head to head.

KoF98 UM
Blazblue CS
2x KoF 13
Third Strike
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Tekken Tag 2 Unlimited
2x SF4 AE 2012
Guilty Gear XX AC
Melty Blood AA
Virtua Fighter 5 FS

There's also darts, pool, bowling, ping pong, karaoke, music games, lightgun games, a giant Tetris, all sorts of stuff. You can also pay a flat rate for the fighters for a bit over an hour of gametime if you want to grind it out. Seems like a good spot to take a group even if they're not all arcade nerds.

This place sounds like it be out of business in 6 months.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I'd go there. I was hesitant because those fighters weren't listed on their site a few weeks ago. Is that stuff running on arcade hardware?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Not sure I see why?

I think he means the same reason why goodtimes is no more...I miss good times, this new place sounds way nicer than goodtimes ever was though...talkin 'bout goodtimes...

I'm definitely going.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Id say the stale air and permanent cigarette aroma paired with the beer stained floors were what gave good times its charm. That and all those Atomiswave games.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Id say the stale air and permanent cigarette aroma paired with the beer stained floors were what gave good times its charm. That and all those Atomiswave games.

Don't forget about the amazing clientele that frequented the attached night club.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Fat girls abound at Good Times Emporium.

ParaPara Paradise was always running right when I hit that "Sweet spot" of drinking - Not too buzzed, but just buzzed enough to know NOT to make a fool of myself.

Playing SvC Chaos when it was brand new, beating ass on VF3 and Soul Calibur long before they came out on Dreamcast, playing Daytona with 7 other people, playing Super GT on actual hardware, and who could forget watching a bald man lose his shit when he keeps getting beaten with Sean in 3rd Strike.

Good Times, indeed.

Then the building got sold and demolished. Every place that came after that tried to fill the void weren't around very long.

If you liked Asian girls, there were plenty there - too bad their boyfriends were in gangs and would knife you. I remember the hottest one I seen there was on her phone, playing Time Crisis in heels. Nothing special about her, just wanted to smash.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Fat girls abound at Good Times Emporium.

ParaPara Paradise was always running right when I hit that "Sweet spot" of drinking - Not too buzzed, but just buzzed enough to know NOT to make a fool of myself.

Playing SvC Chaos when it was brand new, beating ass on VF3 and Soul Calibur long before they came out on Dreamcast, playing Daytona with 7 other people, playing Super GT on actual hardware, and who could forget watching a bald man lose his shit when he keeps getting beaten with Sean in 3rd Strike.

Good Times, indeed.

Then the building got sold and demolished. Every place that came after that tried to fill the void weren't around very long.

If you liked Asian girls, there were plenty there - too bad their boyfriends were in gangs and would knife you. I remember the hottest one I seen there was on her phone, playing Time Crisis in heels. Nothing special about her, just wanted to smash.

It truly was a good time.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think we need to go to this place and make new memories...you know we will...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh I know but we must gather our strength and make it happen...for the glory days...