New England

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Lets make some progress on something. I have been in the area a few months now and I need some Windjammers and Garou challengers

EvilEmuOfDoom

New Challenger
I'm in Wilmington, MA. I could host if the crowd was <15 people or so but I only have two cabs at the moment (MK2 and a 4-slot MVS) although I have a bunch of other boards I could throw in a cab for fun like TMNT, NBA Jam TE, Marvel vs Capcom, X-Men COTA, MK1, MK2, UMK3, MK4, Playchoice-10, and Tekken 3.

I live in an apartment but I have a large garage which is where my games are located and there is a nice bench area with 2 grills right next to my building.
Pic of Cabinets (just realized I took this pic before putting the marquee back on about 15min later... *sigh*)
Pic of Garage (it's crowded at the moment cause I had to move a ton real quick to get the Mustang inside for the storm. Normally it's much more open.)

I'd be up for this! I've never been there but it looks relatively close according to Google Maps.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Lashujin and I met up for drinks then played a few rounds of UMK3 on my (MAME'd) Blast City. It was a short, but fun time. I like the idea of having a big gathering, I only have the one candy and a small apt however, so I'm afraid I'm out of the running for host. I'm not against the idea of a gathering at a public place, like Funspot NH for example. The sad truth about Funspot tho... They had one Neo-Geo big red 4-slot (with total crap installed, seriously Bust-A-Move was the best game in it), one (super poor quality monitor) MK1, and one (P1 low punch button was broken) MK2. Not a single Street Fighter game was to be seen! As a fighting game fan it bothered me that they dare to call them selfs the largest arcade in the North East with a lineup of shit like that.

Last edited:

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I have plenty of room but sadly no cabs. I run a 20" pvm for all of my retro consoles and cmvs, and a plasma for the current stuff.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah even though I haven't been to funspot it's seems like it's tailored to the people who only enjoyed that "golden age" of 80's gaming, and corny retrosexuals who don't appreciate delicious 90's 2D sprites.

Anyways, I'm always down to meet up.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Yeah even though I haven't been to funspot it's seems like it's tailored to the people who only enjoyed that "golden age" of 80's gaming.

They do have a bunch of 90s games: List of Games scroll to the bottom.

The issue I have with some "golden age" ppl is they consider everything after that era junk. Yes, there are thousands of JAMMA games and you have to find what you like. However, look at all the trash and clone games of the golden era. 90s Arcades died cause of home console advancement. The Fall of 83 was cause of a saturated market of junk games.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Pinball Wizard in Pelham has a great selection of fighters, little light on shooters though.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
At all our meetups in California in the past, a home environment was always the most fun.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
My wife has been applying for jobs in the Boston area for a few months now. If she can land a better paying job then what she currently has we'll be moving... And she just got called back for a final interview this weekend! Even if she is offered the job on the spot Monday, I'll be hanging back to take care of packing and finalizing our current apt situation. Most likely not fully moving down until after the 1st of the new year. Mass Crew room for one more? ;)

EvilEmuOfDoom

New Challenger
So... what's the plan?

I'm thinking the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH is probably the best idea in the near term. It's a little cold for my place (although I'm still up for whatever) but by the time it warms up in late spring I should have a better setup with enough cabs to make it pretty fun.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
So... what's the plan?

I'm thinking the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH is probably the best idea in the near term. It's a little cold for my place (although I'm still up for whatever) but by the time it warms up in late spring I should have a better setup with enough cabs to make it pretty fun.

Pinball Wizard is a good time.

Anyone else here going or considering going to MAGfest? I've got a room I'd like to share with more friends to keep the costs down ;)

PM me for details if you're interested

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
So... what's the plan?

I'd be up for a Pinball Wizard meet up myself.

The place has a pretty good selection of fighters and places like this need our support. It would be a good way to get the ball rolling again for the New England community. I'd be willing to pick people up if need be.

Also, there is a decent sub shop next door and its in New Hampshire so cigarettes are cheap dammit!

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
I havn't been to a meetup in a looong time. Would love to go to this as im not too far from the NH border. I'd prob have to work out a ride or some shit but if I know in advance I might be able to make it happen. Never been to this place so it'd be a good time me thinks.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I'm in for whatever we get in motion. I live in Merrimack and can meet just about anywhere

EvilEmuOfDoom

New Challenger
It's never gonna happen ha ha ha :smirk:
I have a friend in town from FL the weekend of the 29th and we planned on heading to Pinball Wizard in Pelham sometime that weekend either way. We could always co-ordinate it for that weekend if others are available as well. Although, I'm sure a lot of people are probably out of town for the holidays right now.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
In Feb a small bar-arcade is opening in western MA. I'll post details as the open date approaches.

jambitboom

Cham Cham's Banana
In Feb a small bar-arcade is opening in western MA. I'll post details as the open date approaches.

When this barcade gets the final approval from the state I say it's time to talk MA meet up again. Thus far there are only 4 people on this site who I am fully convinced are real peeps and not capcom/sega/neo bots from the 90s that have found a new home.

EvilEmuOfDoom

New Challenger
When this barcade gets the final approval from the state I say it's time to talk MA meet up again. Thus far there are only 4 people on this site who I am fully convinced are real peeps and not capcom/sega/neo bots from the 90s that have found a new home.
LOL! Western Mass is quite a hike for me but I'll try my best to make it ;).

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Anybody going to PAX East? They usually have an arcade room there it might even have a Neo cab in it, though I believe the Funspot guys run that too.
Still that could work, It's in Boston...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Yeah western mass is a hike but id make it out there for a big meetup. Im all set with Pax though...2011 was more then enough PAX for one lifetime.