What's America's temperature for another war?

Supernaut_

Banned
I don't pretend to be knowledgable about politics, especially those of other countries, but my limited understanding of the situation was that (one of) the reasons for preventing Iran (or any country) from having the capability of producing a nuclear weapon had to do with the concept that proliferation begets proliferation*.

The fear being that if a country were to develope a nuclear weapon, test it, and make a public declaration concerning it, it would give the excuse for neighboring countries to do the same. (Like what happened with the US and USSR, and India and Pakistan).

Some argue that Iran is developing a nuclear weapon (if they in fact are) to counter Israel's nuclear program (if they have one).

But because Israel has not done the three things mentioned above (if it has a nuclear weapons program), Iran does not, from the standpoint of international relations, have the justification for producing a nuclear weapon (if it is developing one).

Do I think Israel has a nuclear weapon? Do I think Iran is trying to build one? My thoughts on those do not matter; I am incapable of influencing any state's policy on the topic. Do I have facts wrong? Probably.

The whole thing is a mess, and I don't have an answer to any of this, but I'm pretty sure that no amount of name-calling, recitation of rhetoric, or use of fallicies (including this one) on a message board originally intended for a 20+ year old video game system will have any real effect on anything. I'm off to get a snack, aware that I've wasted far too much time typing this, and that I am completely incapable of having any effect what-so-ever on the the situation at large, or in even changing anyone's mind.

Goodnight, and may your arguments be shrill and pointless.

Also, if I get banned from here or whatever, please wait to do so until after I finish my two pending transactions on here. I really want to play that copy of Monkey Island 3.

*If I were more tech-savy I would have contained this link within the text: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_proliferation#Proliferation_begets_proliferation

The main argument is that Iran is a country of good people headed by an extremist theocracy that HATES Jews and has stated time and time again that it wants to wipe out Israel and everyone in it. Now if that country is trying to make a Nuke, you can see why they get shook up.

Basically Israel will bomb them in the near future.

There's no reason to argue with you. You're too fucking knowledgeable on the whole world economy. Because as you asked, "how can you collect what doesn't exist?" You know, right before you back-pedaled into some thoughtful argument about how China can't call their bonds early because the US buys so much of their goods, cleverly addressing the fact that China wouldn't start doing this gradually to leverage the US into more development contracts, like the ones that the US imposed on third world countries. Clearly you're too smart.

I'm impressed how you aren't running in circles spouting nonsense. You really know your shit.

You see, when you bow down before facts and take a dick in your ass and admit your wrong, it hurts a lot at first (or not at all for a seasoned ass jockey like yourself) not only do you calm down a bit but you learn something.

Good for you sir, remember I use facts, not angry words on my mommy's computer when she is away at work.

Oh, he was trying to say TACT. :lolz:

Dude is like the Jedah Doma of politics/economics.

Noob or not, I would have heard out his ideas at the very least... maybe even parse that semi literate shit and look for valid points to agree on or something....

BUT,

his totally dickless cheerleading for war with Iran makes me completely disinterested in anything he has said so far.

He's just another bobbleheaded newsbot repeating the braindead shit he hears on CNN/Fox...

"they hate our freedom",

"they have weapons of mass destruction",

"they are working on a nuke to attack Israel"

Always some dumb soundbite they repeat over and over, hammering it into the thickest skulls in america so jackasses like this guy can get on board and proudly broadcast these absurdities like they were his own ideas.

And why shouldn't he?
He doesn't live in the middle east, nor will he fight in the US army.

He knows nothing of war, little about economics, and jack shit about how fucked his second favorite country (after Israel) really is.

Lets just agree with him so he can go away already.

EDIT: I see Wasabi is already doing this...nice.

Wow you are about ready to write my autobiography! Anyone for war has not been in a war. War is, as George Carlin stated back in 2004, Rich White fucks, sending poor and middle class fucks off to fight to protect their shit.

As far as being for war, no, that is just stupid. But having a STRONG military where other countries think twice about fucking with people and races is a nice thing to have. I mean we all remember WWII. We brought back England from the brink, handed back France. Helped Italy remove a couple of bad people, and pretty much returned the whole of Europe back to normal lines and borders for the most part. It obviously took till the Wall fell to get other countries like the Czech Republic and Hungary along with a couple of others. I have been to Prague and Budapest and Warsaw, I have seen what real bad men can do with power. The U.S. may do Bad things, but I assure you that they are by far and away the LEAST WORST country on the map. One visit to the Communism Museum over there or a simple view of their history, they have only been free for a lil over 20 years.

Israel is not fucted, they have more than what it takes to handle Iran. And yes the U.S will back them up, especially after the election. Again I doubt Iran would try anything stupid but Israel has some powerful intelligence and an extremely devoted Army. It doesn't sit to well for Iran.

This fogot is ruining an awesome Black Sabbath song. I hope Iommi sues for lible.

Yeah....I am gonna let you reread that and try to correct some errors. It was so bad in fact it gave Iommi cancer, oops!

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
my spelling is correct

If you're so fucking smart, why are you living the worst state in the union?

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Michael Bay just decided that he wanted to sideways buttfuck the Ninja Turtles franchise. I'd say America is about to go to war.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Michael Bay just decided that he wanted to sideways buttfuck the Ninja Turtles franchise. I'd say America is about to go to war.
I didn't know what you were talking about, so I looked it up. Holy cow, that's hilarious. Now they're aliens? All the little American childrens who grew up in the '80s/'90s are going to lose their shit. Bay really knows how to hit nerds where it hurts.

Supernaut_

Banned
Lot of anger. I am getting attacked fro grammar but all facts of an argument are being ignored. I guess when facts are ignored you can argue anything, and you guys do.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Great new member...or greatest new member?

I usually only read this thread when I'm having trouble falling asleep at night, but it's starting to pick up steam now.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I am getting attacked fro grammar but all facts of an argument are being ignored.

fro.jpg

Supernaut_

Banned

See, this is what I am talking about. We have crossed into absurdity and the thread isn't being followed properly. If you guys want you can get back on track or ignore the facts and destroy yet another thread.

You guys really like TEH DRAMMAH:oh_no:.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
Lot of anger. I am getting attacked fro grammar but all facts of an argument are being ignored. I guess when facts are ignored you can argue anything, and you guys do.

If you want to talk facts, how about the fact that Khamenei issued a fatwa against development of nuclear and chemical weapons after his country was devastated by the latter by Iraq. And also, at no time did Ahmedinejad ever say that it was Iran's will to destroy Israel, he said that Israel would eventually be wiped from the pages of time or something to that effect. Not only is he a leader that millions of the Iranian population protested against, but honestly, that makes sense to me. That thumbnail-sized piece of land has been in a constant ownership flux since humans inhabited it, why would that be different in the years to come, especially considering how aggressive Israel is to it's neighbors? Add to that the fact that Iran is actually quite tolerant of the Jewish community that lives within it's borders as opposed to the Baha'i's (most of whom are persian) who were basically cast into exile, and probably other things that I'm too drunk to remember at the moment, and really, how can you be on the neocon side of this equation for a minute? There's an overwhelming lack of evidence that Iran will strike another country unless stricken. Stop watching cable news.

Supernaut_

Banned
If you want to talk facts, how about the fact that Khamenei issued a fatwa against development of nuclear and chemical weapons after his country was devastated by the latter by Iraq. And also, at no time did Ahmedinejad ever say that it was Iran's will to destroy Israel, he said that Israel would eventually be wiped from the pages of time or something to that effect. Not only is he a leader that millions of the Iranian population protested against, but honestly, that makes sense to me. That thumbnail-sized piece of land has been in a constant ownership flux since humans inhabited it, why would that be different in the years to come, especially considering how aggressive Israel is to it's neighbors? Add to that the fact that Iran is actually quite tolerant of the Jewish community that lives within it's borders as opposed to the Baha'i's (most of whom are persian) who were basically cast into exile, and probably other things that I'm too drunk to remember at the moment, and really, how can you be on the neocon side of this equation for a minute? There's an overwhelming lack of evidence that Iran will strike another country unless stricken. Stop watching cable news.

Yawn, you bore me.

...and to these panicy Petes, thanks for sweating me.

The last 6 visitor(s) to this page were:

gum_drops
Hawkeye
HeavyMachineGun
hexcrass
T.A.P.
Zoel

This page has had 6 visits

Last edited:

Supernaut_

Banned
All I have done was give a valid opinion on the topic...

"What's America's temperature for another war?"

That is not trolling yet I am catching negative attention. For that I will stop posting in this thread and have meaningful conversation elsewhere.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
All I have done was give a valid opinion on the topic...

"What's America's temperature for another war?"

That is not trolling yet I am catching negative attention. For that I will stop posting in this thread and have meaningful conversation elsewhere.

For what it's worth, you won't last here long before the other members will ask for you to be banned.