What's America's temperature for another war?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
War with -- who else? -- Iran.

In light of the recent Jerusalem Post article of U.S. troops deployed to Israel:

Jerusalem Post said:
http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=250249

US commander visits Israel to finalize missile drill
By YAAKOV KATZ
12/20/2011 18:04

Israel, US to hold largest ever missile defense exercise this spring; thousands of US soldiers will be deployed in Israel.

Israel is moving forward with plans to hold the largest-ever missile defense exercise in its history this spring amid Iranian efforts to obtain nuclear weapons.

Last week, Lt.-Gen. Frank Gorenc, commander of the US’s Third Air Force based in Germany, visited Israel to finalize plans for the upcoming drill, expected to see the deployment of several thousand American soldiers in Israel.

(rest of the article in the link)

And the recent bombshell in Foreign Policy, that revealed Mossad, posing as American CIA, and recruiting Jundallah --designated a terrorist group that the US does not deal with-- to assassinate Iranians and killing Iranian women and children.

Foreign Policy said:
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/01/13/false_flag

False Flag
A series of CIA memos describes how Israeli Mossad agents posed as American spies to recruit members of the terrorist organization Jundallah to fight their covert war against Iran.
BY MARK PERRY | JANUARY 13, 2012

Buried deep in the archives of America's intelligence services are a series of memos, written during the last years of President George W. Bush's administration, that describe how Israeli Mossad officers recruited operatives belonging to the terrorist group Jundallah by passing themselves off as American agents. According to two U.S. intelligence officials, the Israelis, flush with American dollars and toting U.S. passports, posed as CIA officers in recruiting Jundallah operatives -- what is commonly referred to as a "false flag" operation.

The memos, as described by the sources, one of whom has read them and another who is intimately familiar with the case, investigated and debunked reports from 2007 and 2008 accusing the CIA, at the direction of the White House, of covertly supporting Jundallah -- a Pakistan-based Sunni extremist organization. Jundallah, according to the U.S. government and published reports, is responsible for assassinating Iranian government officials and killing Iranian women and children.

(rest of the article in the link)

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I'm sick of fucking wars... and I'm not even a hippy. we need to cut this shit out.

pandyra

Mr. Big's Thug
I'll consider supporting a war when national unemployment is at 1% and my cousin (who was a medic in the National Guard) stops having nightmares about his last tour of duty.

So probably never.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Iran is trying to become the hub of influence in the Middle East. This is most evident in their recent threats to block and control the Strait of Hormuz.

This is the one and only reason why I don't want to see Ron Paul on the ballot. His foreign policy ideology is to basically have no foreign policy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
if we start another war then we get whatever we deserve

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Iran is trying to become the hub of influence in the Middle East. This is most evident in their recent threats to block and control the Strait of Hormuz.

This is the one and only reason why I don't want to see Ron Paul on the ballot. His foreign policy ideology is to basically have no foreign policy.

stufffffff......................

huh? why the retraction ?

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Can we change bokmeow's name to just a Star of David?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'm sick of hearing about Israel in the GOP debates.

I thought our country was the United States of America, not the state of Israel.

But its all you ever do. Seriously man. Post something different for a change? You posting this here doesn't change shit anyway, why bother?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
if we start another war then we get whatever we deserve
Who is this "we"? I don't remember starting any wars anywhere. I don't remember being asked if I did want to start one. In fact, whenever any kind of election came up that was even tangentially related to the idea of war in the Middle East, I consistently voted in the way I though would lead the country away from it, for the fat lot of good anyone's vote does.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Shroom, this thread isn't Bok's usual anti-Israel drivel. I agree sometimes he misses the mark but this time he is dead on.

If you don't think Israel would gladly, and willingly, participate in a conflict against Iran you're a fool.

This thread is about the extremely dangerous (reckless even!) positions that the US and her cronies (Israel, NATO, etc) are taking against Iran all in the name of "ending her Nuclear Program."

Fuck that shit.

The US has no moral authority to argue against any state developing nuclear weapons when we have essentially rejected all of the pillars of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (of which we are a signatory to.)

Particularly given America's implicit support of Israel's "secret" nuclear program.

A continuation of the same foreign policy against Iran will only lead to disaster.

Who do you think was behind the assassination of the Iranian Nuclear Scientist earlier this week? Who do you think was behind the crippling computer virus that knocked out Iran's enrichment facilities. We're currently imposing sanctions against Iran which hurt her people more than her regime.

These "covert" attacks against Iran, as well as the "International Community's" (Read: America and her cronies) further sanctions against Iran are tantamount to attacks of war against Iran.

Continued attempts to isolate Iran should be stopped. We need the people of Iran to demand change within their own government. That's not going to happen when the average Iranian sees America as the enemy.

And threats to close the Strait of Hormuz is a direct result of.....

...wait for it...

America's covert war against Iran.

Sounds like threatening to close the Straits is an act of self defense.

Last edited:

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
i dont know about another war but i am good for another police action. Against any Muslim country is a ok in my book.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Who is this "we"? I don't remember starting any wars anywhere. I don't remember being asked if I did want to start one. In fact, whenever any kind of election came up that was even tangentially related to the idea of war in the Middle East, I consistently voted in the way I though would lead the country away from it, for the fat lot of good anyone's vote does.
Yeah, this.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Iran needs to get their head in the game and actually start working on getting those nukes. Learn from Ghaddafi's mistake.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I personally think that we as a country should focus more on having better relationships with other arab nations (the ones that count if you ask me) like UAE, Kuwait, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Qatar. More countries that are muslim driven. I personally think everythin Iran related is a waste of time for the US. If we have strong relations with muslim countries I personally think its a better tactic for peace in the mid east.

Is israel the only Jewish based country in the middle east? Its just that everytime something pops out about israel is them starting shit with somebody, and its really pointless cause they have no common ground with their enemies (given that they are religious based) and they wont resolve conflict with anybody (the israeli's) that's just my 2 cents in israel.

Jacen

Rugal's Thug
Letting Iran get nukes would be fucking crazy. They would end up being the next North Korea.

Better to take them down now, why we still have the chance.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
+1 for us stupid whacked out conspiracy theorists. But you didn't have to be a wacko conspiracy theorist to see that us invading Iraq and Afghanistan was to get all up in Iran's shit.

p.s.That Jundallah shit really got my blood boiling.

Last edited: