Wizard Tilting Lible: The Last Odyssey for Last Odysseys

neoconverted

Banned
I agree with mike, this thread has come to an end. It was fun while it lasted, but everything has been said, and this will be my last post in the thread. I will see you again in the next "best of"...

Closing comments:

People can make up their own minds, but I think logic prevails here and people here can decide for themselves.

We said we sold the game and it would be released 8 months ago.

We have official court documents listing most of the games that were taken when Playmore tried to sue us, and were subsequently returned.

We showed most every game we had over 12 years ago.

It is not really a big deal, like i said before, it could be months and months between times I ever even play Neo, and it is always on my cabinets. It has been at least 5 years or more since I even played on the AES.

I say lets move on. I am interested in what could be next, since it has been said it is something that has never been seen before.

If it is:

protoNPM_global.jpg

I will answer 10 multiple choice questions!

ps. Still never got my answer about the voice announcer. I will PM you the answer if you ever take a guess. it really is interesting.

Thanks for the ride everyone, it has been fun.

FAKE

Mokum

Real Time User Mokum,
OMG more and more nails on the coffin... I wonder if it can carry any more...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
01-22-12 1:54 PM <Neo Alec> I was starting to regain my faith in this community. Now it's worse than it was to begin with.
01-22-12 1:52 PM <Neo Alec> Probably the pics of money, all that shit about an Edward Jones guy, all fake. That Tonk is a liar.
01-22-12 1:51 PM <Neo Alec> I don't care about drama. I just want these lost games to see the light of day.
01-22-12 1:15 PM <Neo Alec> I am sorry I posted in that juvenile waste-of-time thread.
01-22-12 1:15 PM <Neo Alec> You were bragging about having the cart in your cab and the whole time it was bullshit. You have no right to be trusted here again.
01-22-12 1:13 PM <Neo Alec> He also made lewd comments about my wife on two occasions. He is scumbag.
01-22-12 1:13 PM <Neo Alec> Should be taken to task for that.
01-22-12 1:12 PM <Neo Alec> Damn right. He lied to us.
01-22-12 12:54 PM <SamuraiShodownSensei> shut up alec, you're just sore you can't add another fucking cart to the shelf you won't play
01-22-12 12:42 PM <Neo Alec> I want to give credit for Ghostlop, but anyone else would be rightly taken to task for making up a story about finding a lost game.
01-22-12 12:41 PM <Neo Alec> NGF may be full of bullshit but so is he apparently.
01-22-12 12:41 PM <Neo Alec> The community should take Tonk to task for playing with our hearts.
01-22-12 12:41 PM <Neo Alec> You are celebrating Tonk's lie?

someone is butthurt

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Neo Alec is ALWAYS butt hurt.

So, what's the deal here? Tonk just made up questions about a game, and Chris answered them? Answers about a game he clearly never played? Amazing. Being a huge pinball fan now, I am disappointed the rom isn't out there, but this is far better. From this point forward, Chris will be directed to this thread whenever he says anything stupid. So, in other words, expect this thread to come up hundreds of times. :)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
nobody likes Neo Alec

You know, I thought he was awesome way back when I got into this hobby. I really thought he was a great guy starting his own website where I and many others went to during the Neo's strongest point in its life. It sort of sucks to see him now, considering I always respected him for years.

Neverless, I for one never ever assumed NGF actually had the proto for Last Odissey, but one VHS most likely coming from 'press material' NGF got from the NGF (<- the Japanese magazine) archives.

Yep, it´s just promo material so magazines can see the game in action, write something about and capture game shots.

That´s how things were done back in the day.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You guys, I'm just sad to realize a lost game still won't see the light of day. I don't care about drama, I care about the Neo games. So you guys are just going to let Tonk off for getting the whole community into a frenzy over false promises? Doesn't seem much different than what NGF is guilty of.

I've always said we should organize and locate these protos and buy them as a community.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
False promise? About 80% of the people posting in this thread were aware that it was just a huge joke.

Guess you weren't one of them, maybe you should reflect on that.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
False promise? About 80% of the people posting in this thread were aware that it was just a huge joke.

Guess you weren't one of them, maybe you should reflect on that.
Nope, like many of us here, I was not in on it. Tonk and I do not get along.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It doesn't matter. I'm concerned with games, not drama.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
You guys, I'm just sad to realize a lost game still won't see the light of day. I don't care about drama, I care about the Neo games. So you guys are just going to let Tonk off for getting the whole community into a frenzy over false promises? Doesn't seem much different than what NGF is guilty of.

I've always said we should organize and locate these protos and buy them as a community.

It was an elaborate, well crafted plan to prove once and for all that Chris R and NGF are lying bastards. Get - the - fuck - over - it.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm not sure what was proven here. I would say I'm disappointed with what this community has become, but not much has changed. At least there are people here who care passionately about furthering our knowledge of the Neo Geo hardware and supporting arcade collectors.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I won't deny that a large percentage of the community is a bunch of immature people that don't like the Neo, but clearly there's a ton of us that still do... which is wh I still come here. That, and the unrelated section. ;)

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I'm not sure what was proven here. I would say I'm disappointed with what this community has become, but not much has changed. At least there are people here who care passionately about furthering our knowledge of the Neo Geo hardware and supporting arcade collectors.

THIS was proven here:
last-odyssey-fake.jpg

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Dammit...

I'm dissappointed in not getting this the rom...

Buying a sac cart... sending it to J_Kurtz... waiting a few months.... having it posted back EMS....

And then never playing it...

xROTx

PS. I posted about 4 times in this thread now.... I hope you're happy now TONK!:p

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
most of us got over ngf almost a decade ago.

qftw.
Thread like this just show how some people are obsessed with NGF.
I thought "don't feed the troll" was a well know expression, but it appears I was wrong...