The new collector

Ukee

Geese's Thug
Hello every one, I am Ukee and I am new to the world of Neo Geo collecting. I have been a fan of SNK ever since the the 90's when I was a kid. At the local pizzeria in my hometown I would always blow my mothers money on their MVS which played Puzzle Bobble, Samurai Shodown, Baseball Stars, and Spinmaster. Puzzle Bobble ended up being my favorite game growing up. While ever one else was getting pro at fighting games I was on Puzzle Bobble practicing my aiming and reaction for 2 player, and boy did I get good :D.

The recent disappointment in modern gaming has forced me to start looking to the past for the great gaming experience that I am missing. After a couple of years researching I have finally decided to pick up a Neo Geo Machine and start my new found long term hobby of collecting Neo Geo games. I realized that after finding these forums that like any other hobby Neo Geo collecting has a community of people that like to come together and share their experience.

So here I am a rookie tho Neo Geo to meet and learn from those that have been doing this for years, and to enjoy conversation and company from fellow SNK and Neo Geo fans.

Sorry for the long read, I know that there is a new one on these commonly to read, but this is kind of a special moment for me.

Last edited:

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Welcome! Did you decide to go with an AES (home) or an MVS (arcade) Neo Geo?

Ukee

Geese's Thug
I spent a long time trying to find a AES but decided to go for a console MVS since I plan to get a full MVS cabinet in the future, this way I get a head start building my collection for when I have the cab too.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I spent a long time trying to find a AES but decided to go for a console MVS since I plan to get a full MVS cabinet in the future, this way I get a head start building my collection for when I have the cab too.

A wise choice as a vast majority of AES games are overpriced by feebay and forum shenanigans.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
yea man awesome choice as a "rookie" as you put it. you made a very "pro" decision by going mvs. already off to a good start! welcome dude!

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Nice and welcome....some of the old games from 20 years ago are much better than whats out now........had my most fun with the megadrive and neo geo.

Nice and welcome....some of the old games from 20 years ago are much better than whats out now........had my most fun with the megadrive and neo geo.

True, I think most modern 3d games are too complicated. I like to play a fun game not something that feels like a job to do with boring storyline like L.A. Noire for example