Puzzle Bobble 4 scoring

nate

n00b
Hey, I just picked up a taito F3 with Puzzle bobble 4. I like the vs mode in the game, and the puzzle mode is also pretty good.

What I have noticed though, is that when you continue, your score is preserved.... and you get to enter your initials when you stop continuing. Does this seem unusual to anyone else? What's the point of a high score if you can just continue over and over to beat another score?

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Is there a counter at the end of the score? For example, if you have 500,000, when you continue does it go to 500,001?

Lots of games allow the score to keep going on continues (Sengoku 3 for example), but will add digits at the end to show that they weren't done on one credit.

nate

n00b
That's interesting about the counter.. I have never noticed that before. However, I checked and PB4 does not have that feature.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Ugh, that's kind of lame :/

I have it for the DC, import version. I have to say I was disappointed in how easy this game was.

nate

n00b
I'll agree that the "vs computer" mode is not that difficult, but I find the puzzles are tricky. Also, the vs mode is very good when played with another person. I like being able to unexpectedly clear a screen with chain reactions.