Twinkle Star Sprites boot.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
BB is correct: A smart eBay seller would provide you with some customer service: Give you a return-refund--And avoid Negative Feedback.

Clearly, your eBay seller is playing a game of CHICKEN or DOUBLE-DARE with the eBay Buyer-Protection Team. And the eBPT never looses, and they back the buyers in most claims--'cause the buyer knows what kind of product they want to buy. And, IMHO, that's not a smart move.

I'm thinking that your seller didn't read the eBay rules before he started selling on eBay. In sum, eBay is responsible for making and maintaining a safe eBay market place for both their sellers and their buyers; so, eBay is responsible for pulling all listings for counterfeit, pirate, bootleg, and other "illegal" goods. In such cases where "forbidden" goods do slip through the filters and pass on to buyers, eBay is also responsible for reviewing their listings and concluding whether or not to void the listing. If the eBPT finds that a buyer received a banned good through an eBay listing, then eBay voids the listing, refunds your payment, and, may asks you to "field destroy" (keep it) in-order to remove it from the eBay system.

Last edited:

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
The only problem I see is that you destroyed the item basically and they can deny you just for tampering with the item.

This is a very good point. There's a good chance they'd deny if the item is damaged/destroyed.
What I'd do is not show ebay any of the damage, just the boards compared to the legit ones. Fuck it. When and if he gets it back and sees that, screw him.

But on that note, I sold a Visual C++ 6.0 professional on ebay once. Just a jewel case with key on the back. I listed in big letters that it does NOT work with Vista. A guy buys it, then later says it doesn't work with his OS (Vista). I offer to refund if he returns it. Nope, he just wants the refund and to keep the item. I say no.

So, he files an ebay claim. They tell him to send it back and what's odd is that he does and overnights it! When I get it, the sticker with the key code on the back was ruined. It had obviously been peeled off and then put back on in pieces. It was unreadable. So, I sent the pictures to ebay and they denied the buyer! So I had his money and the product. I messaged him that the product was his but that he'd have to pay shipping again. No response.

A very rare case where the seller wins. So anyway, I'd keep that in mind when following through with the claim.

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
dudes a flipper if i ever saw one.

I don't mind people flipping for profit. I would pay what I did in a heartbeat for a legit cartridge. I'm not upset that he's flipping for twice of what he paid, I'm upset that I got a boot. I've seen legit carts with replacement labels all the time. With the amount of feedback he had and all at 100%, I took it for granted that he sells what he advertises.

This is a very good point. There's a good chance they'd deny if the item is damaged/destroyed.
What I'd do is not show ebay any of the damage, just the boards compared to the legit ones. Fuck it. When and if he gets it back and sees that, screw him.

What damage are you referring to? I took out 4 screws. If you're talking about the cartridge where it was ground down, that was there before per my initial post.

We are currently in negotiations since I opened a dispute. I'm not out to screw anybody, I'm just wanting my money back.

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
The seller has agreed to provide me a full refund. I should only be out $10 for shipping the item back. Better than $91. Thanks all for your assistance.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Congrats. on working things out with your seller.

IMHO, you ought to be out about $8.25 bucks.

The way I see it: You can ship one MVS cart USPS Priority Mail, with a Flat Rate Mailing Envelope EP14F on the outside, and with a Large Video Box (01096L) on the inside, and Delivery Confirmation, and $100.00 Ship Ins. for $8.25.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Congrats. on working things out with your seller.

IMHO, you ought to be able to return ship one MVS cart., USPS PM, for about $8.25, or less.

If you make the PM shipping label online, and use one Priority Mail Flat Mailing Envelope EP14F on the outside, with one Large Video Box (01096L) on the inside, Delivery Confirmation, and $100 in Ship Ins.; then, that's $8.25.

Last edited:

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Ask and ye shall receive.

25pn509.jpg

inuzxy.jpg

I have no idea what the deal is with the inside of the case being ground down like that, but there were shavings all over the inside. Maybe he used a dremel to clean the edge connector? Who knows. I've contacted the seller requesting a refund. Thanks for the confirmation guys.

:lol: that's definitely the same cart I just bought. same seller. I have no idea why the lip is shaved down like that but it seats just fine and the game looks and sounds great to me. I got it for $40 shipped (2nd chance offer) but it was clearly stated in the description that it was a bootleg. this was the first boot i bought so i was a little apprehensive... i'm very happy with it, though. there are too many other games on my want list before I would consider dropping the $160+ on a legit TSS...
but it's a super fun game and my girlfriend likes playing it with me so that's a plus

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
$40 for a proper made TSS boot is worth it. That is the cost of parts alone. At least you knowingly bought your first boot.

zeroigar

n00b
Hello to everyone,I would like your help too.I bought a twinkle star sprites long time ago and seller told me that the game was 100% original.I opened the cartridge and I saw that there was no Toshiba logo on chips like other aes games.So, I would like your opinion.Here are 2 photos..

dscn1392nt.jpg

dscn1391g.jpg