Will people buy PSP VITA when it comes out in Feb next year?

Zinji

Kabuki Klasher
So should I buy the Vita or should I wait a bit until more games are available?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Picked up my Vita last night. My only complaint with it is that the WiFi shuts off when not in use. It seems to stay on if you're using the messaging or Near programs, but during single player stuff it just shuts off.
Seems like that would help save batery.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
you know, the vita looks like a impressive piece of hardware, it looks like it faithfully recreates current gen quality games but portable... which is kinda why I am not that interested in it in all honestly, I loved stuff like the GBA because it was basically giving me new super nintendo games, that can be extended to a lesser extent to the psp and DS. Now that pocket games are console quality I am cool just sticking with my console.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So should I buy the Vita or should I wait a bit until more games are available?

We cannot answer that for you, you must look within.

Serious answer, look at the games that are out now, and ask yourself, "Do I want to play these enough to spend $250?"

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Honestly, I don't think the Vita is worth getting right now unless there are some launch/near-launch games you're really interested in and/or can get the Vita at a discount without much trouble.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I think it looks cool - has a lot of potential, but I'm going to wait for the 1st price drop. It would be a plus if there were a several good rpgs & fighters out for it...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Whats the rush? In a couple of months it will $100 cheaper. I still haven't bought a 3ds and probably won't. Still happy with the ds lite and psp slim.

chany60126

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I definitely think it's better to wait. Stuff like Hot Shots Golf doesn't really get me excited... So many great games to play on the regular PSP like the Ys games.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't really see a killer app that makes me want to buy this. I'm not spending 250+memcard+games.

Vita versions of console games doesn't do it for me. There is no doubt this thing is gonna have some amazing games....in a year or so.
The hardware isnt lacking either,but why would I buy this?

My portable gamin is already split with 90% iOS and the rest PsP and 3DS.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Mine should be showing up tomorrow, if it's at my door before I leave for work I know I'm not getting anything done

lonewolfx

n00b
Got mine on Friday, with Hot Shots & Little Deviants. I picked up BlazBlue and WipeOut today. I also brought Super StarDust from the PSN store.
I think Little Deviants is the weakest, by far.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Going to pick mine up tomorrow at the Gamestop a couple of blocks away.

I don't really see a killer app that makes me want to buy this.

One of the main reasons I wanted one was for Gravity Rush and DJ Max Technika. Maybe they'd interest you.

I'm not spending 250+memcard+games.

Some stores are/were giving away memory cards with the purchase of a system. Some stores offered trade-in/preorder discounts on the system. Some stores have B2G1 sales on games going on right now, or are offering gift cards for game/accessory purchases over a certain amount. The only people paying full price on everything are those who really want to.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Just picked mine up.

Vita Wi-Fi
Wipeout 2048
Starter Kit

Total cost for everything : $289

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
As far as I know, all of them come with a 4gb card.

And forget what Sony told you, you NEED a memory card as it won't let you play anything other then Near and Welcome Park without it. Can't even use apps, photos or videos without it

Also
Photo0715.jpg

Photo0707-1.jpg

Photo0706-1.jpg

Photo0705.jpg

Photo0704-1.jpg

Photo0703-1.jpg

Photo0702.jpg

Back to Modnation Racers

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
That screen just pops, what a great looking handheld.

I want one, but I still need a reason to drop the cash.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Mine should arrive in the mail tomorrow! I guess that means I need to hurry up and finish Ys II tonight.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Got mine in from Amazon yesterday. When I preordered it, they didn't have the offer to get a free 4gb stick, so they sent me an email witha $20 gift code to buy a Vita game or accessory. My wife bought me the starter pack for Valentines, so I used the code to buy UMvC3. Right now I have Katamari and Little Deviants. I don't like Little Deviants.

SSS

neo retired
picked up wipeout, hot shots golf, rayman origins, and uncharted.

Can't wait for ridge racer on this thing.