Will people buy PSP VITA when it comes out in Feb next year?

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I don't really mind the 250 price tag for the system, but the one game I really want at launch is Uncharted and it's priced at 50. I may just buy the system and Hot Shots Golf and wait till Uncharted drops to 30 on Amazon...

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Ok, thanks to a Gamestop promotion, I was able to get rid of my semi-broken DS Lite for $55 in credit towards a Vita. Got my Vita Wifi paid off and it only cost me $214.

There's a an awful lot of speculation being passed off as facts in this thread. For example, I haven't heard of being able to have individual accounts on separate memory cards. I don't have two memory cards, and I'm not going to buy another one to try it out, but I'm pretty sure this is not a possibility.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/vita-accounts/

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am thinking about one of those.

Mostly for the hope that shortly afterwards it will be jailbroken.

Would make for an excellent RomZ device.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I played one at GameStop near me and it is definitely a good looking system. The screen is sharp & bright and the touchscreen seemed responsive, though there wasn't much of a demo to really give it a good go. If there were more release titles and I didn't have to pay $100 for extra memory at the level I would want, I'd probably reconsider getting one.

Also, I have to stay the face buttons are SHOCKING SMALL (like meant for a tiny Japanese girl small) and too boot, the right thumb stick feels in the way of the X button for how I want to hold the device. I'm sure it's one of those things that I'd adjust to in a short time, but on an initial impression, it was kind of offputting.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The buttons are responsive, but very small. The dpad is also smaller than the PSP, but it feels pretty darned good. The dual analog sticks are pretty damn amazing. I have been told that it's easy to accidentally touch the screen and open the menu when pressing the square button.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
How'd it compare to the button controls on a PSP?

Responsive, but WAY too easy to fat finger things. They fixed the D-pad by not having plastic ridged up between the buttons like on the original (still rocking the Tekken D-Pad add-on myself) but I have normal sized male hands and I need to come in way from the sides (almost coming from the top down onto the X button) when I tried it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If anything, Sony and Nintendo have taught me not to buy any of their first-release handhelds, so I'll be waiting for Sony to iron out the kinks first, whatever they may be.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member

It sounds like you'd still need more than one memory card to switch between accounts anyway, since the accounts are tied to both the system and the card.

“[The] PSN account is tied to the hardware and the memory card, not just the card,” a different Sony representative said in an e-mail, “which means that if a second person is using your Vita, it’s not just a case of switching out memory cards, it’s clearing out all of your saved data on the Vita itself when you do the factory reset.”

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If anything, Sony and Nintendo have taught me not to buy any of their first-release handhelds, so I'll be waiting for Sony to iron out the kinks first, whatever they may be.

Wait for the hackers to iron out the kinks.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Got Modnation Racers: Road Trip coming in on monday or tuesday. Debating on UMVC3, I already have a bunch of PS1/PS2 games to dump into it

Tyshalle

n00b
My buddy pre-ordered one and already picked up a game and memory card. I got to play around with the system at a Gamestop and it's a nice device. The screen is beautiful. I can't say I'm all about it yet but I'll be keeping an eye on it. If I do pick one up it probably wouldn't be until there is a revision so they can work out any kinks.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
After playing the demo unit at Gamestop I decided to get one. I ordered Uncharted and Virtua Tennis 4 which should come by the end of the week, but I have to wait for the regular release (and for it to be shipped) so I won't be playing for a while, unfortunately.

Tyshalle

n00b
I also found it interesting that when my buddy opened his Uncharted game there was just this tiny cart sitting in the middle of this big box.

No manual :(

I guess they're trying to save money. It makes sense but I'm sad to see that manuals have apparently been phased out.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Starting on Sunday, Target is going to have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on Vita games. Hopefully Amazon matches it.

SSS

neo retired
Not buying. Money is going towards a exhaust header.

When Neo rom's work, I might pick one up.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
What means this? Games to dump? You mean bought from PSN or you mean some kind of hack thing?

Bought from PSN, I figured Crash Bandicoot 1-3+Kart, Syphon Filter 1-3, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, God Hand and various Final Fantasy games should hold me over during my train commute during the work days

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I paid for mine by selling off all my MTG planeswalkers that I owned on ebay. My wife bought me the Vita started kit for Valentine's Day, so I have a 4gb memory card now. I didn't preorder any games though. I'll probably put the free games I downloaded when PSN crashed and my Rockman games I downloaded for now.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I was going to buy this...then I went back to the not going to buy this camp. Feel like I am going back to the will buy this camp.

It's tough because it looks like fun, but I think over the years it has been really difficult for me to stick with playing handheld systems. I usually get bored as hell with them. I haven't touched my PSP in maybe 2-3 years now. Ditto on my DS Lite. Anyone else have that problem with getting bored with a handheld?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I pretty much only use my PSP when I'm away for long periods from home, so its use doesn't conflict with any of the other consoles.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Picked up my Vita last night. My only complaint with it is that the WiFi shuts off when not in use. It seems to stay on if you're using the messaging or Near programs, but during single player stuff it just shuts off. While its not even really an issue, it lead to me think that I had a defective unit until I googled it. Other then that, I am loving it. The system is so comfortable to hold and I love the clicky feel of the buttons and d pad. So far, I'm very impressed.