Will people buy PSP VITA when it comes out in Feb next year?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Neo: If you haven't already, sign up for PS+ and get a big memory card when they are on sale. It's a huge value for Vita owners, Uncharted and Gravity Rush are free on it right now.

lol, i definitely need a bigger memory card...i tried downloading the Resistance demo last night and ran out of space already...on my first day :)

I only have a 4GB card right now...

But what exactly is the deal with PS +? Is it true that once you end the service, you can no longer play the games? That kind of irks me...though there is no doubt that they give you alot with the service. Will certainly look into it more. thanks for the tip!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's basically like extended rentals. On PS+, you "buy" the free games and can download them whenever you like as long as your + membership is active. If you let it lapse, you won't be able to run the free games again until you get a new membership. If you bought a game that is discounted but not free, you keep it no matter what. Both my PS3 hard drive and Vita memory card are full of freebies, I need more memory on both.

My issue now is that I've pretty much stopped buying Vita games since there is so much good free digital games but I'm out of memory and fuck those memory card prices.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Heck, I know at least one person who has literally never bought a Vita game, but plays the system all the time with the free stuff.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
But what exactly is the deal with PS +? Is it true that once you end the service, you can no longer play the games? That kind of irks me...though there is no doubt that they give you alot with the service. Will certainly look into it more. thanks for the tip!

It shouldn't irk you.

Ever been in a club before?

As long as you're in the club, you get to enjoy the perks. But if you ever leave the club or let your membership expire, you don't get to enjoy the perks anymore until you renew.

Playstation Plus is the club.

The free games are the perks.

It's a really old business model. And it works just fine.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
It shouldn't irk you.

Ever been in a club before?

As long as you're in the club, you get to enjoy the perks. But if you ever leave the club or let your membership expire, you don't get to enjoy the perks anymore until you renew.

Playstation Plus is the club.

The free games are the perks.

It's a really old business model. And it works just fine.

Sorry, I should clarify...it's not the principle or business model that irks me...it's the fact that if I want to play the games on a whim in x years, I may or may not be able to.

There's no disputing the value in a membership, $50 for 1 year, where 1 new game costs $40...

I am not completely tied to physical media either...but even with xbla, I can assume (hope) that given nothing happens to my system, I can still play the games regardless of any membership.

I know it's not exactly a good analogy, since you buy xbla games, whereas these are free...

I am not completely dismissing the idea of PS+, I may still join and just buy the retail versions of games I really like...we'll see.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Does Soul Sacrifice get actually good at some point? Because so far it feels like a poor man's Monster Hunter to me.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Does Soul Sacrifice get actually good at some point? Because so far it feels like a poor man's Monster Hunter to me.

You referring to the repetitive enemies and environments? Or are there other issues I should be concerned with prior to dropping 40 of my hard earned dollars on this bitch? :)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
That too. I don't know what's up with this game, it's just repeating the same stuff over and over and it's not very challenging.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Speaking only from playing the demos...but I enjoyed Soul Sacrifice more than Monster Humter 3 Ultimate on the 3DS. I think the presentation s really good, and like the focus on story...but I can see how it could be very repetitive...I believe one of the backgrounds was already recycled once in the demo...

I definitely get vibe that either game could get boring fast...but I'm hoping that Soul Sacrifice will keep me entertained in short bursts on the train...but probably not something I would play for 3 hours in bed....

Keep in mind, these comments are coming from someone who has never played a Monster Hunter (or similar type) game previously.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'm enjoying Mortal Kombat alot more right now for some weird reason. :lolz:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Ok guys, so I just bought/downloaded Motorstorm RC on a whim...I got the complete edition for $8. Anyway, once I bought it, it popped up a list of like 100 downloadable things (expansion packs, cars...). I downloaded a couple as they were included in the purchase price.

Anyway, I went back to download some additional cars and stuff...and can't get back to that same list which had all of the available downloads...anyone know how to access that? Or didvI need to download everything upfront when I first bought the game?

Thanks

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So Muramasa is coming out next week for the Vita. I am pretty excited for this, is anyone else getting this?

The summer of handheld greatness is upon us! Shin Megami 4 next month for 3DS. And then of course Dragon's Crown in August, just in time for my bday. What a (hopefully) great run of releases.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I preordered Muramasa.

yeah buddyyyyyyyyyyy

me too...I splurged and pre-ordered the blessing edition. not sure why though, as I don't care for any of the bonus goodies? hmm...

Actually, I pre-ordered Dragons Crown and Shin Megami 4 as well. I don't think I ever pre-ordered anything before...and now I've done it for 3 games.

I was going to reserve Project X Zone as well...but decided to pass on that after playing the demo...I just cant get into it.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Are all of the SNK games on PSN just PSP games? I was kind of bummed to discover that SamShoII and Magician Lord were double emulated. And that Samurai Shodown Anthology... man. So much loading.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So i tend to go a bit overboard when I get a new console in terms of buying games for it...in the few weeks since I got my Vita I got a pretty decent selection of games. I have to say though, I've spent the fast majority of my time playing Wipeout. Love it!

So is the Wipeout Hd DLC worth getting? Are those just the tracks from the Ps3 version? It's a bit pricey, I don't typically buy DLC for games (because I usually lose interest)...but am thinking about it for wipeout. Anyone here buy it? Recommended?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
So is the Wipeout Hd DLC worth getting? Are those just the tracks from the Ps3 version? It's a bit pricey, I don't typically buy DLC for games (because I usually lose interest)...but am thinking about it for wipeout. Anyone here buy it? Recommended?

Those who already own Wipeout HD and Fury on PS3 get the 2048 DLC for "free".

I got the first set of Wipeout HD DLC for 2048, since I already owned Wipeout HD. It basically tuns 2048 into Wipeout HD, courses, art style, gameplay, ships, and everything. Even allows online play against PS3 players. The only major differences are that it runs at 30fps instead of 60fps, and that the DLC trophies are much easier to obtain than the PS3 ones.

I don't own the Fury DLC for HD, nor have I purchased it separately for 2048, but I think it's safe to assume it offers all of the same features as the HD DLC, just with all the new Fury content.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder

I got the first set of Wipeout HD DLC for 2048, since I already owned Wipeout HD. It basically tuns 2048 into Wipeout HD, courses, art style, gameplay, ships, and everything. Even allows online play against PS3 players. The only major differences are that it runs at 30fps instead of 60fps, and that the DLC trophies are much easier to obtain than the PS3 ones.

I don't own the Fury DLC for HD, nor have I purchased it separately for 2048, but I think it's safe to assume it offers all of the same features as the HD DLC, just with all the new Fury content.

Your're correct, glad to hear the packs are free if you already own the PS3 versions! More game content need to function this way between the PS3 and Vita!!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I love wipeout, it's one of the few series I own and play regularly throughout its life span.

neo_mao

15 Year Member

Thanks for the clarification Poison Sama, so looks like that is alot of extra content. I don't have a PS3 at the moment, so I may take the plunge and buy it...certainly looks like I'll get my money's worth for it.

Panda, yeah definitely. I love the wipeout series too. The PSP games were great too. They just translate so well for handhelds.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Someone feeling like making a dead pool for the vita? I give it another year before it's discontinued.
The part at the E3 was a complete joke btw.