I scored a Beast Busters 2nd Nightmare machine for cheap. How cheap? Crazy cheap!

Halaga

n00b
Not terribly long ago I visited a nearby op hoping to score some stuff for cheap. He pointed out this, I noticed that, this much, that much, I spy a Beast Busters Second Nightmare against the wall, ask how much for it. "Twenty bucks." Bwah! Sold! Got it home, it was missing the power supply, I replaced it, the sound pots/test switch were missing, I rigged up the sound pots, plugged everything in--and it fired up. It has a problem with the gun trigger guards being broken off, I hear this is a common problem, damn arcade hoodlums! But for twenty bucks I'm happy with it. Nabbed a few other cheap games, this was the one I was happiest about. The small piece of paper taped to the marquee says 'to be dismantled'.
bb2n.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Halaga

n00b
All I really need to make it nice are replacement gun shells that aren't damaged, but they seem to be somewhat difficult to find. The pic is right after I got it, I stuck it in storage 'til I could get it home and fix the problems. Now it resides in the game room next to my house.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sweet find man! I can't believe someone got rid of it for $20!!

Halaga

n00b
Opinions about the quality of the game aside (I like it well enough), I think it looks pretty cool in the lineup along this wall.
Picture016-1.jpg

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You got a list of what he's getting rid of, might be some games other might want.

Halaga

n00b
He mostly just wants rid of the older big games. I'm supposed to head back up sometime soon and pick up a few ginormous machines I really don't need but will get anyway (Virtua Racing, Outrunners, Cisco Heat, another one I can't remember), mostly because he's just giving them to me for free. There wasn't a whole lot of cool stuff, well, nothing that was cheap (my price range) or close to it. No list of what he has, I usually catch the op in a hurry and rush thru the back, everything that he doesn't have on location is usually pretty gutted down (no monitor is typical) or broken. The Beast... cab was just pure luck, I think, he might've just been feeling generous because I was taking the Desert Tank off his hands and freeing up some valuable room for him, hah.