New Product - Daedalus NeoGeo Converter

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
so why no one made a guide or something?

It's not subject matter than can be explained in a 5 min You Tube Video or a few post on a forum or message board, and there too much info to be even feasible on instructibles.

s8n187

Quiz Detective
if you have a AES that is stock with a Daedalus converter , how do you insert a coin/credit ?

im thinking the select button on the controller , correct me if im wrong

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
if you have a AES that is stock with a Daedalus converter , how do you insert a coin/credit ?

im thinking the select button on the controller , correct me if im wrong

If its a stock system then it will play in AES mode so you cant put credits in. If you have a Unibios you can set the console to Arcade mode and then use select to add coins.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wonder what number that 100-unit run is up to at this point...

Probably like 175 or so. Originally he only limited it to 100 units since he didn't think he would even sell that many.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I like how it claims " However, Gun Lord does NOT work with the Daedalus (or any other converter)" when a screenshot of GunLord is printed on the box of the converter.

s8n187

Quiz Detective
i just got my Daedalus today and im using a 161 in 1 Cart , i cant get the ' hold Start ' to go to the OSD menu to work.............

anyone know why its not happening , its not a huge problem but it would be great if i could get it working

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
i just got my Daedalus today and im using a 161 in 1 Cart , i cant get the ' hold Start ' to go to the OSD menu to work.............

anyone know why its not happening , its not a huge problem but it would be great if i could get it working

PM DavidG, he used to work for SNK.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
It sounds like you may have the memory card in your system. This is a known issue with using a 161 multi cart and any memory card.

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi Neo , definitely dont have a Memory Card in the console good tip though

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I like how it claims " However, Gun Lord does NOT work with the Daedalus (or any other converter)" when a screenshot of GunLord is printed on the box of the converter.

From what I remember Gunlord does work, you might have to flip the switch on the converter. I remember David saying that the switch that helps make MSX works also stops NGDEV games from working.

Can anyone confirm that?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
There are multiple versions of Gun Lord (earlier version has infinite snake laser, updated version and homecart uses a gauge for its power, the lower the gauge the shorter it is). Maybe it would work only with a specific version?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

This does not work on AES consoles. I have a CMVS and an AES+converter, the trick works only on my CMVS, not on the AES, using the same cart.

Regards.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
There are multiple versions of Gun Lord (earlier version has infinite snake laser, updated version and homecart uses a gauge for its power, the lower the gauge the shorter it is). Maybe it would work only with a specific version?

Is there any way to revert to a previous version if you dislike the new one for any reason?

s8n187

Quiz Detective
This does not work on AES consoles. I have a CMVS and an AES+converter, the trick works only on my CMVS, not on the AES, using the same cart.

Regards.

thanks for the info aha , what if the AES has a unibios ?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Absolutely.

So to put this as mildly as possible...
The question isn't CAN "NeoDev" make a new update that corrects compatibility problems, but rather WILL they do so.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Absolutely.

So to put this as mildly as possible...
The question isn't CAN "NeoDev" make a new update that corrects compatibility problems, but rather WILL they do so.

Of course not. NeoDev always says their product is 100% compatible once it's made and sold. If they make an update it would just confirm them as liars.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
To be fair, if I were a developer I wouldn't consider a MVS cart not working on a non-MVS system with a converter to be a major issue. I'd tell them to buy the home cart.

Of course, I would probably make more than 7 home carts per release.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
thanks for the info aha , what if the AES has a unibios ?

Tried both with UniBIOS on both systems (2.3 and 3.1), CMVS with original BIOS and AES with original (Japan and Euro) BIOS. Exact same results: trick works on CMVS, not on AES+converter.

Regards.