New Product - Daedalus NeoGeo Converter

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
This thread is about the converter, just getting boring and repetitive hearing all the con claims. Want to bring those up choose to do it in this thread or this thread as this shit is just getting annoying when people have legit questions about their converters.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This thread is about the converter, just getting boring and repetitive hearing all the con claims. Want to bring those up choose to do it in this thread or this thread as this shit is just getting annoying when people have legit questions about their converters.

It's important people know who they're giving their money to. He was asked why he's been labeled a scammer and he brushed it off as if it was nothing. Anyone who chooses to do business with him deserves to know what he did. Then they can make a decision whether or not to do business with him.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
And there are plenty of places all around the forum where they can read up on DavidG. Crapping up this thread only makes it harder for people to get the converter, which it seems has gone through fine from what people are posting on here and that it sold out of the NeoStore. Plus if people have questions about the converter or technical issues it makes it hard to get good information from the authority of the device. I'm just saying the shit gets old and if they want to know about DavidG or hate and shit on him it's easy to find where to do it. Plus if a person is going to send $400 to someone I'd hope they have the brains to check the dude out a little bit, his feedback is good from the sales that were represented first hand (meaning no Tonk involvement). Plus with all the different converters out there DavidG has shown himself to be the authority on issues concerning them. Keep the shit out of here, it's old and time for some people to move on. Look at all the new people hacking and ROM trading in the NGX forum if you really want to crap in someones face.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
With the strong demand for this converter, I wonder if the NGX release has also led to increased demand for other neo related products, at least for people whose first neo related purchase was the NGX.

I would be curious to hear if there are any differences between the converters currently being made as opposed to the initial 400 that were made. I bought my converter before the whole AF3 situation, but there is a lot of information on these forums for people to make informed decisions.

I like the performance of the Daedalus converter, but prefer the design of the Super MVS 2 converter where the cartridges are inserted at the top. That is my only gripe with the Daedalus, but it may not be an issue for others.

SSS

neo retired
Regardless of the source of supply, I don't see the point of purchasing such a device at that price point. For an extra 100 bucks you can get a super sweet CMVS with nice AESthetics that won't have any compatability issues. Reduces the amount of contacts between cart and device that need to be clean by half. I guess if you're absolutley dead set on using a memory card I could see the aes/converter route. But the CMVS is just a cleaner and nicer looking setup. Than having a mvs cart hang like a malignant tumor off the front of your home console.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
then if you see no point.... shut the fuck up and leave this thread. we dont like thread crappers

One100bill

n00b
I have a few questions? In what position should the switch at the bottom be? I moved it a few times not realizing i did not have to. I am using it with a 161 in 1 cart. The reason I moved it was because sometimes some games would just reset. It happened with metal slug 4, strikers 1945 and a couple more. I know that the 161 in 1 uses more juice but my system is a US version with a low serial number 12k and the power supply reads 5v 3a. That is the only MVS cart I have does it matter if the switch is not in the original position? Will it damage the converter or my AES?

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have a few questions? In what position should the switch at the bottom be? I moved it a few times not realizing i did not have to. I am using it with a 161 in 1 cart. The reason I moved it was because sometimes some games would just reset. It happened with metal slug 4, strikers 1945 and a couple more. I know that the 161 in 1 uses more juice but my system is a US version with a low serial number 12k and the power supply reads 5v 3a. That is the only MVS cart I have does it matter if the switch is not in the original position? Will it damage the converter or my AES?

IIRC that switch is for Metal Slug X. Sometimes I forget to switch it back when playing other games and it works fine. In order to play MSX the switch needs to be flipped towards the front of the converter and the other games are towards the back.

DavidG

The switch:

The switch always ships in the off position. For 9 volt or higher systems (normally the 3-5 and 3-6 systems), Metal Slug X and some KOF98's will boot to a black flickering screen. To get around this for the AES release SNK went with unprotected boards for KOF98 and changed the Altera MAX code on MSX (this is why no converter can directly address the issue).

When you first get the converter you should try MSX as is, if it boots normally then you will never need to use the switch. If you get a black screen then you have a 9v or higher system and will require the switch to play MSX. Same goes for KOF98 as most MVS carts have the protected program board.

The switch will not damage your system if left on. Some older games, if the switch is left on like Aggressors of Dark Kombat, will produce the same black screen found on MSX when the switch was off. So if you left the switch on by mistake and your game always shows a black screen - this tells you the switch is on.

The switch doesn't help with resets. That is normally a connection issue and effects the multicarts over originals.

Chukka

n00b
You'll have to find a used one most likely. Doubt DavidG will be making any new ones...

Damn, too bad. I guess I'll have to get one of those Super MVS converters because I have not seen any Daedalus converters for sale anywhere. But I'm not sure if it is worth it because of the glitches.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Damn, too bad. I guess I'll have to get one of those Super MVS converters because I have not seen any Daedalus converters for sale anywhere. But I'm not sure if it is worth it because of the glitches.

For the price of the Daedalus, you can get a CMVS. Do that instead.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
For the price of the Daedalus, you can get a CMVS. Do that instead.
CMVS's and cabs are good, but there's no real substitute for actually owning an AES. Or you could get a 2-slot PCB and make your own CMVS (cheaper than buying a consolized MVS).

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Instead of telling people to buy a CMVS, you can just hang yourself from a tree. Do that instead.

Ahhh, yet another friendly person on the Neo-Geo forum. Wouldn't be right visiting this place without the welcoming attitude of people like you.

CMVS's and cabs are good, but there's no real substitute for actually owning an AES. Or you could get a 2-slot PCB and make your own CMVS (cheaper than buying a consolized MVS).

I don't disagree that owning an AES is great. I would argue that owning an AES to play MVS carts is just plain silly. If doing so were cheaper or had another benefit, then if wouldn't have any issue with it. The reality is that the price of an AES plus a converter is a more expensive option with no benefit. In fact, if the AES hasn't been modded with a Unibios, it's a step down.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Instead, Jockey Grandprix is being converted to homecart now.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
Hi there is there any possible way making an adapter like this yourself?