New Product - Daedalus NeoGeo Converter

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The memory card can hold a lot more than eight games, especially if you use a 3rd party card.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Hi DavidG

I was wondering have you sent out the cart and converter yet.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
Depending on the full range of compatibility and functionality, this is something I'm very interested in. Any objective third party reviews of this thing up yet?

Just curious, how much would it cost to ship within Ontario?

chadt

War Room Troll
I'd like to purchase this converter and have just recently signed up to the Neo forums but am unable to PM or post new topics.

DavidG

You can use david.garrett21@ymail.com to order. Xero, send me a email with your address and I will work out how much xpresspost is. I don't think it will be much and should be over night delivery. The next round of converters will be ready to go by Tuesday.

chadt

War Room Troll
Thanks DavidG, I shot you an email. Hopefully one of the mods will see this and can figure out what is wrong with my account.

espo83

n00b
So I am borrowing my buddies new daedalus. This is my first experience with a converter and overall I am very impressed with the build quality and presentation. But I am having an issue that is probably just user error. It seems like you have to push really hard to get a cart in and I'm not sure I'm all the way in still. When playing I am getting graphical glitches that seem to be connection based as they happen intermittently.
I go from this...
IMG_0971.JPG

to this..
IMG_0972.JPG

Here are some shots of how i have the cart seated.
IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

and a few more of graphic glitches i am seeing.
IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

TonK

Least Valuable Player
So I am borrowing my buddies new daedalus. This is my first experience with a converter and overall I am very impressed with the build quality and presentation. But I am having an issue that is probably just user error. It seems like you have to push really hard to get a cart in and I'm not sure I'm all the way in still. When playing I am getting graphical glitches that seem to be connection based as they happen intermittently.
I go from this...
IMG_0971.JPG

to this..
IMG_0972.JPG

Here are some shots of how i have the cart seated.
IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

and a few more of graphic glitches i am seeing.
IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

Get a Q-Tip with rubbing alcohol and run it along the edges of your MVS cart. I'm guessing the Q-Tip will be black.

Try it again.

espo83

n00b
I went ahead and cleaned up the carts. They really didn't seem that dirty. I tried a few AES games and they play fine but every game I put through the converter. Per David's advice I am currently experimenting with adjusting the converter while in the system that seems to be making the biggest difference although. Ill keep working at it and hopefully report back once I get it perfect.

As a side note everything looks great when it is running and I definitely don't see any scaling issues that other adapters seem to have. Thanks for all the suggestions so far and props to David for being so quick to respond my issues.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Try cleaning the cart slot on the converter. Use a credit card wrapped with cloth, insert it a couple times.

DavidG

The issue you're seeing is when one (or more) pins are not making perfect connection. This can happen on the cart to converter side or the converter to the system side. Phantom-1 users should know it well since the slightest movement while running can cause such errors. Since the converter is new it would be very slim for it to be the connection to the MVS cart.

You can see in the image that the converter is able to hold a MVS cart well but it is still pulling the device forward a little. I would also recommend you add something to hold the MVS cart up and see if that helps.

grimm

Marked Wolf
This looks like what i would need, but man that 400 dollar pricetag is not gonna work for me... I hope DavidG is able to work out a new board for the Super MVS II i have.. that would make things much more obtainable for me. Still, it seems like a good piece of equipment, and he has gone through alot to test every single game etc, even though im not a huge fan of the way the connectors are placed, but maybe its better this way than the vertical way.. I have no idea.

cr4zymanz0r

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I was having very similar issues as espo83 with my converter too, mostly after the game had been running a little while. All the contacts on my carts have been cleaned well and recently so I didn't figure that was it. I did find out that a q-tip was pretty much the exact height for me to prop up the label end of the MVS carts though. I haven't used that extensively yet, but I haven't seen the issue happen since utilizing my q-tip prop either :lolz:.

dalde1

n00b
DG, you're a technical genius, and compared to the Super converter this looks to be fantastic.

Do you think will do a revised version, either vertical or where the cart is positioned at the back with some support so that is not so visible or does not 'lean' over causing a bad connection ?

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi David, your box is full. Do you have any updates on the 120 cart I sent? It should be there by now.
Thanks.

Missile

Another Striker
I have got my Daedalus convertor now, (though still having trouble spelling it!) It works fine with the games i have tested it with and no scaling problems - like with my MVS Convertor II. I had some initial problems inserting the cart because i had to use more force than i thought i would and i was being ultra-careful not to damage the MVS cart or the convertor. Now i know what i'm doing and i'm not worried about damaging anything i can do it fine.

I've never used a convertor when you attach the cart side on to it before and i was inititally worried about this, but once the cart is in there, its fine, stays in, and doesnt seem to pull on the Neo Cart slot either. All good so far, David was very communciative - keeping me informed as to when the convertor would be sent, and helped out with all my questions. So would def recommend to anyone thinking of buying. Nice to finally have a convertor that plays all games - it's taken a while!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Kinda funny when you read people think the 5lb force Daedalus slot is hard to push into especially for the people who used to own the Phantom-1 and it's 9lb force slot. The P-1 slot is ridiculous in grip on the cart edge and scary.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Kinda funny when you read people think the 5lb force Daedalus slot is hard to push into especially for the people who used to own the Phantom-1 and it's 9lb force slot. The P-1 slot is ridiculous in grip on the cart edge and scary.

So..did you or David notice the crack on mine? :tickled:

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Hey David!

I been away from the site for a couple months (work has been crazy) so I missed this. Congrats!!!! Glad I was able to assist in your research. Guinea pig #1, baby!!! ;)

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
hi David
i have just received the convertor and your multigame home cartridge. I am very happy. All the collectors must own these items. Thank you very much .Regards
chamane.

Last edited:

laxx420

n00b
Hi DavidG,

Do you have any of these converters left? Please let me know. Thank you

Svckpatrol

n00b
Hey DavidG, I'm also interested in picking up this converter to replace my phantom-1. Do you still have any available?