New Product - Daedalus NeoGeo Converter

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
I would think even 1,000 units would *eventually* all find homes. Maybe there's a "sell-by" date on these things though. At any rate, excellent work there!

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Christmas came early! First official Daedalus in the USA?

Wow, what a surprise when I went to get the mail today and low and behold, lightning fast Christmas shipping, there was my bran new Daedalus Converter! I was totally not expecting this so soon!

Anyhow, just wanted to let everyone know I received it, and show a family pic too! I will give it some SERIOUS testing this weekend and report back with my thoughts and findings. Looks SWEET!

daedalus.jpg

Oh and here is a link to the quick write up I updated to the mvs adapter page:
http://www.neogeoprotos.com/adaptor.htm
I will clean it up and re-edit it when I get the chance, kind of in a huge rush right now.

Last edited:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
This looks great! Congrats on such a nice product! I will have to give this some serious consideration.

GAMEFAN

gptrilik

n00b
Congrats on developing this and to those who have purchased. I am really looking forward to the reviews. Many here are on the edge of their seats!

gptrilik

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
So a $400 converter. I thought the whole point of going MVS was to save money.

Looks stylish though. For that amount of money you could get a pretty styling CMVS

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
What supports the MVS cart while it is pluged in to the converter?

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Free bump for a quality made product [from the pictures at least] and good luck with your sales! Just got me a CMVS or else I would have grabbed one.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
What supports the MVS cart while it is pluged in to the converter?

Apparently the cart slot is designed to hold the weight of the cartridge, but even from a simple viewpoint of physics, it's still a very unusual design choice. I wouldn't advise againt using another MVS cart to prop the other on up while it's in the converter. :p

SePh1r0tH

n00b
So I got my converter today from Mr. David Garret. I must say...I am very impressed and pleased with my purchase. It is just as he said, no scaling issues at all which was my main concern. My Metal Slug 5 MVS cart no longer crashes as it did on my Super Converter 2. Same deal with my King of Fighters 2003 MVS cart. Strikers 1942 on my 100-1 multicart no longer has any graphical issues. This product is just amazing. I did have some issues getting the cart to stay on at first but once you figure it out there are no issues. I will be working on a small youtube video review and will post it here once I finish testing. Thank you David G!

gptrilik

n00b
I put in an order for one the other night. I am very much looking forward to trying out my collection of MVS carts.

Thanks to those who have reviewed so far.
Gptrilik

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Looks pertty nice. I'm still waiting for a converter to play AES game on my arcade cabinet.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
This is really cool. A converter that actually works, what a concept!

I don't see the point though. I only paid $200 for my CMVS. I guess the collector types will be excited.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
True, however IMHO a CMVS doesn't has memory card support, that in something I really value from an AES, which made me decide to get the converter.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
"In My Humble Opinion" my CMVS does have memory card support. Some do, some don't. The 2 slots all do as the reader is part of the PCB, not that its a thing worth paying hundreds of dollars for anyway. Maybe when you want to get all the endings in a KOF game in one sitting, but that's about all I use it for.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That wouldn't even matter since you wouldn't be able to save all 10 games data. MVS only stores data for 8 games.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
IMHO...GOOD FOR YOU! so I just do like the practicity of an AES instead of the two slot machine, I did had that and for me was a hassle. But each its own. Cheers!

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
"In My Humble Opinion" my CMVS does have memory card support. Some do, some don't. The 2 slots all do as the reader is part of the PCB, not that its a thing worth paying hundreds of dollars for anyway. Maybe when you want to get all the endings in a KOF game in one sitting, but that's about all I use it for.

Are we talking about the built in memory or the actual memory card? I'm not sure I've actually saved data for 8 or 10 games before.