Finally own an AES

jon713

Camel Slug
Changed it to 4:3 but I still see the stretch, I even tested it out on my old TV.

Only happens when it does the intro, played for a couple of hours and didn't see it on gameplay. Tried it on 3 different games, not going to worry about it.

I'm just happy that I finally have an AES. The original stick is so sweet, especially playing FFS.

Where in Houston was this?

Friendswood TX
http://www.player1videogames.com/

TurboCro

AESwipe,
Hi. First post on here ( been lurking for a month or so). I took the plunge and bought an aes also. Bought one of those modded aes from neotpoia on eBay (seemed pricey but it was everything I wanted in my first neo) . I plan on running it through my dvdo edge. Anybody on here have any experience positive or neg on doing this? Thanks:)

I'm running a Kurtz modded aes through the older vp120. Graphics are crisp, no discernible lag. Also works great with my snes and genesis hooked up via scart to RGBSync. DVDO keeps the old school systems running nice on new tvs. I'll post some pics next week.

Bazza1000

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Congrats, looks like you got a good condition system there!

I'm currently hunting for one at the moment, wanted one for years - coming on here as made me want one even more

jon713

Camel Slug
Your Pic of AES very nice shape!!!!

Thank you, I was lucky, They had two in stock and this one was the better of the two.

Thanks jon for teh kick arse sig!
Hey man no problem glad you like it. I tried to keep them thin and small to not take away so much space.

I'm running a Kurtz modded aes through the older vp120. Graphics are crisp, no discernible lag. Also works great with my snes and genesis hooked up via scart to RGBSync. DVDO keeps the old school systems running nice on new tvs. I'll post some pics next week.
Yea man, would like to see the comparisons...

Congrats, looks like you got a good condition system there!

I'm currently hunting for one at the moment, wanted one for years - coming on here as made me want one even more
Yea its not like I needed the system, I already have all these games on my MVS. But I've wanted this thing since I first heard about it. I remember back in 1997 I went to a flea market in my town and saw one boxed for sale. I think it was $600, for a gold system with no games....Crazy because the same lady at the flea market still sells there and is still selling over priced shit. (maybe $600 was right at the time, dont know)

A few months ago I saw a SNES Ninja Gaiden cart no (CIB) for $120, I mean come on its a flea market! I will take pics, next time I go...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't know the exact value, but SNES Ninja Gaiden Trilogy is pretty expensive. I wouldn't expect to be able to sell it at a flea market though, that shit would go on ebay.

TurboCro

AESwipe,
nn8cup.jpg

125t7k9.jpg

dbiemf.jpg

TurboCro

AESwipe,
I apologize for the quality of the pics. It's the best I could do while the kids are up. Some notes:

1. Neo-Geo looks awesome. Pics don't do it justice. I'll try and take some better ones.
2. SNES looks great, but is actually abit grainy in real life.
3. Genesis looks amazing. Crisp and clean.

TV: Panasonic Plasma 50"
Neo-Geo - Kurtz modded connected by Component
SNES & Genny connected by SCART to Splitter to RGB Sync
All run through a DVDO VP20 output set to 720P

Last edited:

jon713

Camel Slug
I don't know the exact value, but SNES Ninja Gaiden Trilogy is pretty expensive. I wouldn't expect to be able to sell it at a flea market though, that shit would go on ebay.

Yea, kinda rare game but the thing looked horrible. No Manual, or box and the label was torn and looked dirty as hell. I guess I would pay that if it was CIB. Trying to snag me a Ninja Gaiden III CIB but haven't found one at a reasonable price, might have to bite the bullet and drop some cash for it. I already have the first two CIB, so I need to complete it!!! MUST!.....lol

I apologize for the quality of the pics. It's the best I could do while the kids are up. Some notes:

1. Neo-Geo looks awesome. Pics don't do it justice. I'll try and take some better ones.
2. SNES looks great, but is actually abit grainy in real life.
3. Genesis looks amazing. Crisp and clean.

TV: Panasonic Plasma 50"
Neo-Geo - Kurtz modded connected by Component
SNES & Genny connected by SCART to Splitter to RGB Sync
All run through a DVDO VP20 output set to 720P

Wow, looks great especially SVC, man I love how that game looks. I finally found me a MVS copy actually a KIT for a good price. SNES and Gen look sweet, but I'd rather just keep it as is, I like the grainy pixel look, but I'm just weird I guess.

Thanks for the PICs!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Took a pic of what I have so far:

2u40k6b.jpg

Last edited:

TurboCro

AESwipe,
Wow, looks great especially SVC, man I love how that game looks. I finally found me a MVS copy actually a KIT for a good price. SNES and Gen look sweet, but I'd rather just keep it as is, I like the grainy pixel look, but I'm just weird I guess.

Mr. Karate keeps bringing me back to SVC

jon713

Camel Slug
Just wanted to update on my growing collection.....Thanks for everyone who has helped me find these awesome games at great prices! :D

2d6mp38.jpg

sat985

Quiz Detective
That svc screen does look pretty damn good. I've got 2 big reds and a candy. AES is fun for on the go. The only problem is not wanting to bring ridiculously priced carts around to get messed up while people are drinking....Thats what mvs converters are for haha.

MadMax37

n00b
My own Neo Geo AES is still in good working order despite being moved over 5 times as well as being in storage for about 4 months as well. When I bought it back in 1995, I paid $450 used, with Magician Lord and Top Players Golf. Just recently I have gotten the Neo bug again, so I fire it up everyday for about an hour or so. It's too bad that once SF2 was released, the Neo pretty much ignored everything else but 2D fighters. I want a sequel to Magician Lord and Nam '75 but it won't ever happen. Good job on owning a part of video game history...

TurboCro

AESwipe,
That svc screen does look pretty damn good. I've got 2 big reds and a candy. AES is fun for on the go. The only problem is not wanting to bring ridiculously priced carts around to get messed up while people are drinking....Thats what mvs converters are for haha.

Update:

Did some testing with an XRGB-Mini. Its the tits!

720P + scanlines

Will post pics - still foolin around w/settings

jon713

Camel Slug

Oh yea, the AES is in my room just for me. I see it more of an art collection, even though I still play it (ALOT). The MVS in the house is for friends and whatnot. It still feels crazy owning these original pieces of arcade history. I think I only want two more games on the AES and call it a done deal.
Fatal Fury and Samurai Shodown II

The collection is coming along nicely!

Hey Thanks man. Dumb question but How do you know if you have a US Vs a Japanese system, before plugging it in and playing it? Hate that I don't see blood when playing SS. I know I can add a bios to it but I just want to keep it original.

TurboCro

AESwipe,
Hey Thanks man. Dumb question but How do you know if you have a US Vs a Japanese system, before plugging it in and playing it? Hate that I don't see blood when playing SS. I know I can add a bios to it but I just want to keep it original.

I have no idea, to be honest. But no blood = US. I think there's a code for SS2 though. But get the Unibios, its the best bang for the buck mod on the Neo.

Unrelated topic: tested an AES with SCART to LenKeng LK362 SCART to HDMI upscaler/converter. Works good on the SNES (though certainly not XRGB quality), but nice bang for the buck. On the Neo the screen blacks out every so often (probably due to the refresh rate).