Finally own an AES

BigDeadFreak

Rugal's Thug
You've done well! It's good to start the Neo Geo with a clean and good condition console!

When I first got an AES - I bought it from a UK company called Telegames and it was in poor condition - totally scratched up, rubbish condition :very_ang:

So rather than being really happy with my first AES - I was pissed :mad:

That applies to pretty much everything that abomination of a company sells. I got ripped off by them so many times when I first got into collecting and didn't know any better. They're a bunch of sh*ts.

twitch stl

n00b
That applies to pretty much everything that abomination of a company sells. I got ripped off by them so many times when I first got into collecting and didn't know any better. They're a bunch of sh*ts.

Them along with buy rite. Anyone here old enough to deal with those turds? Game dude was pretty awful too, but we didn't have a lot of options in the 90's.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I used to buy Saturn imports and a Japanese DC from Buy Rite's retail location in Raleigh back in the day. Once I finally got a debit card and could order from NCS ior lik sang I never went back.

I didn't have any Neo stuff back then, but a bud bought a bundle of a used Neo CD with a few common games for over $400, and the damn system didn't work. That was a months pay to him, and they didn't want to exchange or refund it.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
congrats man! I miss my system low serial # and boxed gold system. unibios and so on. Pretty spendy though-I got up to around 2 dozen games and had quite a bit of money into the collection.

Hoping to get a cab or at least a customized mvs system

yingxuy

n00b
Fatal Fury in particular, may be the best new game of money, at least in the Japanese version. Japanese Wedding Cufflinks place to sell a $ 10 low, although you have to pay shipping a little for these big cartridges.

jon713

Camel Slug
congrats man! I miss my system low serial # and boxed gold system. unibios and so on. Pretty spendy though-I got up to around 2 dozen games and had quite a bit of money into the collection.

Hoping to get a cab or at least a customized mvs system

Yea I started off with a cab, and now invested in a neocandy plus the AES, damn I'm neo crazy!

Fatal Fury in particular, may be the best new game of money, at least in the Japanese version. Japanese Wedding Cufflinks place to sell a $ 10 low, although you have to pay shipping a little for these big cartridges.

Cool link!

Hit Man X

n00b
Hey, I too live in Texas. Nice!

I highly recommend 'Windjammers'. Bought it the same day after playing it on an end cap :lolz:

Also love 'League Bowling'... stupid simple but highly fun.

Hide

Banned
Get yourself a JP Aes Copy of:

Shodown 2
KOF98
FF Special

many others going for decent prices nowadays.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Getting one from here would probably be cheaper for you. Although, I have to say that you did score a nice one with a low serial number so that is quality in itself. Many of us would recommend you mod it to enjoy it more on your lcd.

jon713

Camel Slug
Hey, I too live in Texas. Nice!

I highly recommend 'Windjammers'. Bought it the same day after playing it on an end cap :lolz:

Also love 'League Bowling'... stupid simple but highly fun.

I have most of these titles on MVS, especially WJ what a bad ass game..... :P

Yes, Windjammers, blazing, slug 1-X, kof 98 are the must have.
I want to get KOF94-97 on AES, 98 is always in my cab :) I already have KOF96 though, first KOF that I ever played back in the day...

Get yourself a JP Aes Copy of:

Shodown 2
KOF98
FF Special

many others going for decent prices nowadays.
Shodown 1 and RBFF is on hold for me for an awesome price and FFS is at my home <3, but your right have to get SS2 as well.

Getting one from here would probably be cheaper for you. Although, I have to say that you did score a nice one with a low serial number so that is quality in itself. Many of us would recommend you mod it to enjoy it more on your lcd.

Yea thought about the modding but I'm fine with it as is. I like the pixel look, plus just spent some cash on a NeoCandy....so yea.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
CONGRATS. On that candy too!!
How's your TV handling the composite out? What is it a Samsung????? What model? size?
I have a TOSHIBA FLAT LED now but looking to get something else real soon..something to crap around with other than my Toshiba TUBE...
The last piece of Hardware I stumbled upon in my travels was an AES Arcade controller aka "old style" and that had to be like, what? More than ten years ago... heh.
BB

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Welcome to the club! A lot of us have started on our respective Neo journeys with games like Samurai Shodown, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury Special and Riding Hero. so consider owning RH a rite of passage.

jon713

Camel Slug
CONGRATS. On that candy too!!
How's your TV handling the composite out? What is it a Samsung????? What model? size?
I have a TOSHIBA FLAT LED now but looking to get something else real soon..something to crap around with other than my Toshiba TUBE...
The last piece of Hardware I stumbled upon in my travels was an AES Arcade controller aka "old style" and that had to be like, what? More than ten years ago... heh.
BB

Hey B, I have a 32" Samsung, the picture quality is awesome. Got it on sale at walmart for $270, have no complaints the neo looks sexy on my TV.
245wuvl.jpg

Welcome to the club! A lot of us have started on our respective Neo journeys with games like Samurai Shodown, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury Special and Riding Hero. so consider owning RH a rite of passage.

Thank you sir! Yea this copy is near mint (RH)

Last edited:
Hi. First post on here ( been lurking for a month or so). I took the plunge and bought an aes also. Bought one of those modded aes from neotpoia on eBay (seemed pricey but it was everything I wanted in my first neo) . I plan on running it through my dvdo edge. Anybody on here have any experience positive or neg on doing this? Thanks:)

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Hi. First post on here ( been lurking for a month or so). I took the plunge and bought an aes also. Bought one of those modded aes from neotpoia on eBay (seemed pricey but it was everything I wanted in my first neo) . I plan on running it through my dvdo edge. Anybody on here have any experience positive or neg on doing this? Thanks:)

Well on mine I noticed vertical lines when games scrolled. Additionally, there will be some ringing.

I stick to CRT now as it looks better and has no input lag.

Let me know your experience when you get it.

jon713

Camel Slug
We'll I'm up to 7 Aes games now, man I need to slow down. Here is what I have so far:

(All Japanese except Riding Hero)
Riding Hero
RealBout Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown 1
Samurai Shodown 3
The king of fighters 95
The king of fighters 96

I did notice that on some of my intros especially (KOF96, KOF95) some horizontal stretching happens with the graphics. It happens on the top left hand side of the screen but it only appears within the intros or the cut scene after you defeat somebody (KOF96). Game play is perfect, could it be my TV or settings?
At work right now so I will take some pics when I get home. No biggie but I hope it doesn't get worse.

Last edited:
Well on mine I noticed vertical lines when games scrolled. Additionally, there will be some ringing.

I stick to CRT now as it looks better and has no input lag.

Let me know your experience when you get it.
Finally got my aes. It's in good shape bios, component are done very professionally. Hooked it up to my Sony (kdl40 v4100) through VGA with a he fury gamer edition ( got it off eBay cheap). Into the dvdo edge. Turned it on and no sound :( . Tried optical audio out still no sound. Finally gave up and hooked up through hdmi (component dvdo) and it works fine. I might get a hd fury 3 to to try through VGA . There is some lag but it's not really bothering me yet (the only game I have now is baseball stars that came with the system). You talked about ringing what is it so I know what to look for? P.s. thinking about getting a slg 3000 scanline generarator anybody on here have any experience with one?

Last edited: