Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Finally own an AES

7yuyts isn't my password

I would be interested in seeing the xrgb pics aswell, please share As for the bios, a unibios is definately worth the time/money. USA system is english and without blood. Personally I prefer a unibnios, USA for sports games wihen friends are over and JP when I play fighters or am playing by myself (I speak japanese).

AESwipe

As promised, XRGB pics:

Resolution set to 720P, using FrameMeister Mode (aka teh scanlines)

Neo via Neobitz component:

Big difference from the DVDO (apart from scanlines) is no more ugly edges and judder. The DVDO was nice and unless you were right in from of the TV, then you could really see some imperfections. Photos don't do it justice.

SNES:

Connected via S-video cable (still waiting for Japanese "SCART" cable)

Hyper fighting baby!

Notes: looks and scrolls much better than DVDO VP20 via RGB Sync. Looked too "grainy" on the VP20 and didn't scroll as smoothly. The quality will only improve when I upgrade to the new cable.

Sega Genesis:

Connected via Japanese SCART (RGB)

Winner for the least improved category. DVDO had jailbars and scrolling wasn't as smooth, but pretty dam close.

Lazy SNK Employee

Those pics with the XRGB mini Framemeister (awesome name) look amazing. Been looking at upscaling my junk, found some youtube stuff about the SGL3000 and cheap upscaler combo might be an option for me as I don't have 300+ at the mo to spend on this.
    I suppose it just boils down to which I'd prefer crisp picture quality or food.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Definitely a nice alternative for using LCD retro-gaming for sure. I don't have a limit of space in my house so I will always have a place for 4:3 ratio CRTs. Now I have a Toshiba HD CRT 36", Sony FD Trinitron HD 36" and a regular Sony Wega Trinitron SD 27". Seriously, people are giving away these sets nowadays. I only had to buy the Wega 27" back in 2004. If it dies, I can even get my parents Sony Wega 27". Natural scanlines will always have the right look. Even the line doubling scanlines of the Toshiba HD looks right.
    God made dirt, and dirt bust yo ass!

Timid Neo Newbie

Well that settles it. Top ramen for two weeks = xrgb mini lol

Cheng's Errand Boy

Congrats on owning the coolest home console ever made!!

OldSkool4Life

Again, congrats on the growing collection Jon!

I just picked up another three games (KOF 96/KOF 97/AOF) today. I was able to score a WEGA 32" with VGA out and all the fixin's.

Here is my setup:

GAMEFAN
    Last edited by Gamefan; 01-23-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Uploaded Images of my setup

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Nice collection of game you got there cool

Congrats, too bad it came with Riding Hero. Did you notice the input jack on top of it? If any of your neighbors have that game you can link your Neo Geo's together and play 2-player!!

Other than that the game sucks.

On Ebay, there is a guy who sells 1st gen NOS games, common games, for cheap. Start there.

SS2 is a must have, best game for the system and common/cheap.

Get yourself an SCART Lead (One with a headphone jack to get stereo sound) and a YUV converter for a much better picture.

What serial number is it?

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefan View Post
    Again, congrats on the growing collection Jon!

I just picked up another three games (KOF 96/KOF 97/AOF) today. I was able to score a WEGA 32" with VGA out and all the fixin's.

Here is my setup:

GAMEFAN
    That's F'in sweet man, nice ball top replacement, I really don't like that bean style controller because of the half cut top. Great score! I think I'm done with my collection, I was thinking about getting SSII but I have that in my cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut_ View Post
    Congrats, too bad it came with Riding Hero. Did you notice the input jack on top of it? If any of your neighbors have that game you can link your Neo Geo's together and play 2-player!!

Other than that the game sucks.

On Ebay, there is a guy who sells 1st gen NOS games, common games, for cheap. Start there.

SS2 is a must have, best game for the system and common/cheap.

Get yourself an SCART Lead (One with a headphone jack to get stereo sound) and a YUV converter for a much better picture.

What serial number is it?
    Yea riding hero does suck but its kinda in mint condition so I'm just keeping it for that reason only. I don't know about the serial I will check when I get home.

Thanks man!

AESwipe

Update: XRGB Mini Pics using Japan RGB leads. Neo is an AES 3-6 board (under 100k serial with cut traces to remove those nasty vertical lines). TV is a 720P 50" Panasonic Plasma.

Picture is pretty much perfect!

Big thanks to Jeff Kurtz, Xian Xi, Fudoh (from shmups) and Retro Console Accessories for your help.

Without teh scanlines:

With teh scanlines:

Last edited by TurboCro; 02-23-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Give credit where its due

SouthTown StreetSweeper

SSIII is so sexy.....

awesome pics Turbo!

3t3rn@l n00b

sick pics turbo!

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Quote Originally Posted by jon713 View Post
    Hey Thanks man. Dumb question but How do you know if you have a US Vs a Japanese system, before plugging it in and playing it? Hate that I don't see blood when playing SS. I know I can add a bios to it but I just want to keep it original.
    US and JPN look virtually identical to each other. As far as I know, the only way to tell them apart without plugging them in is to look at the bottom of the console by the serial number. If you see an FCC compliance sticker, then you have a US system. You can find some more info here.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...JPN-AES-System

Nice AES system BTW!! That is one of mintiest ones I have ever seen, especially for a low serial number like that. It's pretty cool that you found that at a game store. I always get a rush whenever I see Neo Geo games at some of the independent game stores around here. It's like stepping back in time. I am sometimes willing to pay a little more than mkt prices just to help them out.
    Last edited by chany60126; 03-02-2012 at 08:37 AM.

I think you made a big mistake. go back to the store and return it for a pc engine. I think collecting for that system will be much more suitable for you. In summation, get your greasy hands off my future ebay neo geo purchases

You werent joking about this looking tits on a plasma. Very nice setup. No need for a hefty CRT anymore.
    " Of all the frictionless resistances, ignorance most retards human movement." Tesla

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    WiiU:SnethSS

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

wow - amazing! I am envious.

Bashful Neophyte
    Nice Collection!!! MY favorite are the SamSho series plus my Sengoku 3 and KOF 98!!

Who the hell still uses lycos?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCro View Post
    Update: XRGB Mini Pics using Japan RGB leads. Neo is an AES 3-6 board (under 100k serial with cut traces to remove those nasty vertical lines). TV is a 720P 50" Panasonic Plasma.

Picture is pretty much perfect!

Big thanks to Jeff Kurtz, Xian Xi, Fudoh (from shmups) and Retro Console Accessories for your help.

Without teh scanlines:

With teh scanlines:

Thats's really awesone picture quality!

Japan RGB lead as in RGB21 jap scart?
    How to connect to XRGB mini?
    to XRGB mini RGB In?

AESwipe

JPN 21 Pin RGB to Mini Din adapter.

Thread Information