Thread: Finally own an AES

Hybrid View

SouthTown StreetSweeper

icon29.gif Finally own an AES

Today I decided to gather up a crap load of old games that I had lying around and take them to the local classic game store to trade them in. Bunch of gamecube, ps2, and Xbox, games with a gamecube console.

When I got to the store, I noticed that they still had a neogeo for sale but for $320. It came with one classic controller and Riding Hero. At first I thought it was a bit much, but after they totaled my trade in's they told me that I had $170 in store credit.

So I jumped on it, and asked to let me test it before I purchased it. Let me tell you, this thing is in awesome condition, the previous owner did an awesome job in taking care of it. Once they connected the system it fired up perfectly. So all I paid was $160 for it, plus my trades.

Riding Hero seems to be almost mint, but its Riding Hero.... -_-

Here are some pics:

Serial#024778

Store website:
    http://www.player1videogames.com/

I really want to get Fatal Fury Special, so if anyone has a copy to sell send me a PM

Duck King's DJ

Congratulations!

That AES is in really nice shape! But it wasn't boxed, was it?
    Progress (n.): The process through which the Internet has evolved from smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart terminals.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Quote Originally Posted by alphagamer View Post
    Congratulations!

That AES is in really nice shape! But it wasn't boxed, was it?
    Thanks!

No box, but yes great condition.

Raiden's Valet

You've done well! It's good to start the Neo Geo with a clean and good condition console!

When I first got an AES - I bought it from a UK company called Telegames and it was in poor condition - totally scratched up, rubbish condition

So rather than being really happy with my first AES - I was pissed

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by neo-geo-mvs View Post
    You've done well! It's good to start the Neo Geo with a clean and good condition console!

When I first got an AES - I bought it from a UK company called Telegames and it was in poor condition - totally scratched up, rubbish condition

That applies to pretty much everything that abomination of a company sells. I got ripped off by them so many times when I first got into collecting and didn't know any better. They're a bunch of sh*ts.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
    That applies to pretty much everything that abomination of a company sells. I got ripped off by them so many times when I first got into collecting and didn't know any better. They're a bunch of sh*ts.
    Them along with buy rite. Anyone here old enough to deal with those turds? Game dude was pretty awful too, but we didn't have a lot of options in the 90's.

Congrats man , the system looks SEXY
    My Instagram: Bad
    http://instagram.com/Bad#

Cham Cham's Gorilla

Thumbs up

Congrats on now owning the coolest home console ever made!

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Quote Originally Posted by neo-geo-mvs View Post

I was lucky it was such in good condition, the store had one last year and was selling it for $210, but it wasn't near as nice as this one. One of the guys told me that they just sold a Samurai Shodown 4 or 5 (he wasn't sure) for $550.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeo-Qatar View Post
    Congrats man , the system looks SEXY
    That's exactly what I said when he took it out of the display

Quote Originally Posted by Late View Post
    Congrats on now owning the coolest home console ever made!
    Life is complete now

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

I used to buy Saturn imports and a Japanese DC from Buy Rite's retail location in Raleigh back in the day. Once I finally got a debit card and could order from NCS ior lik sang I never went back.

I didn't have any Neo stuff back then, but a bud bought a bundle of a used Neo CD with a few common games for over $400, and the damn system didn't work. That was a months pay to him, and they didn't want to exchange or refund it.

Astra Superstar

congrats man! I miss my system low serial # and boxed gold system. unibios and so on. Pretty spendy though-I got up to around 2 dozen games and had quite a bit of money into the collection.

Hoping to get a cab or at least a customized mvs system
    Neo Geo AES Serial # 029312 SOLD

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

I don't know the exact value, but SNES Ninja Gaiden Trilogy is pretty expensive. I wouldn't expect to be able to sell it at a flea market though, that shit would go on ebay.

Thread Information