Thread: Any voice actors in the crowd?

Any voice actors in the crowd?

Anyone here ever do any voice acting or would like to for a Neo game?

I've got a project that's moving forward and I could use the "right voice" to add some atmosphere to the game.

I don't want to give away too many details about the game but the voice for this project needs to have a aged/haunting/demonic sort of tone. This is not a scripted dialog project. What I need are some taunts when the game isn't going the way the player wants.

I don't really care how you create the voice -- use sound processing software if you need, just as long as it fits the game.

Drop me an email at jkurtz01@gmail.com if you're interested and have some samples I could listen to.

While you're at it, like Neobitz on facebook (www.facebook.com/neobitz) to stay updated on the latest development progress and the other odd bitz of the Neo that we'll be posting.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Are you ready to change the way you look at your Neo?

Like Neobitz on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/neobitz

jkurtz01@gmail.com - http://www.neobitz.com

I know a couple but every time I send them fandom type gigs they never bother. I guess if they don't get paid they don't even try. I always hear about how its good to do free jobs for the practice or experience, but whatever. They're pros so what can ya do?

KoF Grandmaster

How much money would it take to get BJ Love to do it? I'll pitch in.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

I used to do voiceovers for a couple companies. How demonic are we talking about? Shoot me an email Jeff.

*Account control passed
    on to Tony's family.

Ex Romstar & SnK Employee

did one ages ago at Romstar, a friend does voicework for a cartoon called family guy. I will ask him if he can do an aged demonic....
    Fallen Player Remembrance: Known by all as an ex SNK and Romstar employee, Antonio "Nightmare Tony" Gonzalez was always helpful to other people, upbeat in chatting with people, and was a source of truth.

"My biggest dream in life? To build black plywood habitrails"

Collaborator

Behold my scalps:

Holy shit! Where the hell is Spin!?

スパイク・スピーゲル

I've done my share of local commercials and a few films. I'd be happy to try and help, if need be.

ネオジオ
    ~MAX330MEGA~

I can do it with italo-american accent (very demonic)

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,
    I AM A HUMAN BEING!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCverA View Post
    Holy shit! Where the hell is Spin!?
    Here I am! LOL I have Zero experience but always wanted to try voice acting. I can do a few accents and I speak a few languages so changing my voice around is no problem but to get the voice that you want I'd have to mess around with some audio equipment/software and I know NOTHING about that so I'd have to get some help.
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS
    Thank you SNK-P for bringing KOF back to the its roots and away from that weaboo sissy shit.

everyone who think they're a voice actor should put a sample of their voice up.

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,
    I AM A HUMAN BEING!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    everyone who think they're a voice actor should put a sample of their voice up.
    shut up Rice

Here's my youtube channel, have at it
    http://www.youtube.com/danielecreole
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS
    Thank you SNK-P for bringing KOF back to the its roots and away from that weaboo sissy shit.

word up

I've received more feedback from this posting than I ever thought I would. Seems these forums are full of hidden talents.

We should keep this thread around so that when different voices are needed, there's a nice variety to choose from. Not just for me, but for other developers out there that need a little help.

Thanks guys, it's great to see such interest from the community.
    Are you ready to change the way you look at your Neo?

Like Neobitz on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/neobitz

jkurtz01@gmail.com - http://www.neobitz.com

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,
    I AM A HUMAN BEING!

Quote Originally Posted by JMKurtz View Post
    I've received more feedback from this posting than I ever thought I would. Seems these forums are full of hidden talents.

We should keep this thread around so that when different voices are needed, there's a nice variety to choose from. Not just for me, but for other developers out there that need a little help.

Thanks guys, it's great to see such interest from the community.
    Thank you for reaching to the community for something like this. Often times this never happens. Not taking anything away from professional voice actors because I have nothing but respect for them but one thing that people overlook in the "community" is that the community actually GETS the characters and the concepts. We love it and we live it so it's personal.
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS

Best voice I have met is Jeffkun. That guy does great impersonations.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,
    I AM A HUMAN BEING!

I recorded some voice samples and sent them to JMKurtz. I said "why not". If he likes them cool, if not then at least I tried:-). I hope he finds what he's looking for.
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS

Whip's Subordinate

I'm more interested in what the project Kurtz alluded to in the first post. Would be nice for more homebewers to toss their hats into the Neo Geo ring.

Administrator

We probably have enough talent on this site to voice several games.

I keep thinking to the vids in "The Official Neo Geo.com Gentlemen's video dispute club of gentlemen" thread (especially when Merc got in on it and we all started making wrestling promos).

Thread Information