Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Bout 2 worth the buy?

Mickey's Coach

Real Bout 2 worth the buy?

I have RB and RBS, which are just amazingly fun, but Iím wondering if thereís really any incentive in getting a copy of RB2. The feedback Iíve gotten on it is that itís essentially a neutered version of RBS. RB itself is absolutely bat-shit, and RBS is nuts too. I just wonder if RB2 really is a game of concessions and sacrifices in the name of Ďbalanceí. Is there really anything that sets this one apart from itís predecessors?

Juzoh's Gym Trainer

I'd buy RB2 just to look at the colors. Vivid, beyond almost any Neo-Geo Game.

Igniz's Servant

Good opinions here

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219453

If you have the first two, you should just go ahead and get RB2. Its a great game, I think the real bout series has their pros and cons but all around fun. Really underrated series.

RB2 is the best of the three in gameplay. Research some match videos for proof of why i am saying this. I love RBFF, but I can no longer deny the fact RB2 is the best of the three.
    All my tutorial videos, combo videos, bug video's and general gaming videos can be found on my youtube. Youtube.com/URLWK

Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    You trying to be the king of the hobos with some fancy Sengoku 3 MVS?

I don't want to say RB2 is the best, like I can compare them. But it's definitely a worthy purchase. Not at the English price though.

What sets it apart is that the matches move much faster. Less fluff. It's a better versus game than the predecessors with that pace, but the lack of win poses and proper endings may be a bit of a let down if you like to play alone.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar

RB2 = Rick.

RB2 = THE BEST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/wataru330
    Analog_Delivery_System

*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

Oh, actually yeah wasabi posted what I was going to.

I play fighters alone mainly.
    so I kinda hate this game.
    most definitely not made with the single-player experience in mind.

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castlevania flair

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    What sets it apart is that the matches move much faster. Less fluff. It's a better versus game than the predecessors with that pace, but the lack of win poses and proper endings may be a bit of a let down if you like to play alone.
    Couldn't have put it any better but I will add this: RB2 is worth playing for Rick alone. Great character and he's fun as hell to use. Too bad he's largely forgotten outside of RB2.

Natural Born Killer

NeoGeo games suck. Get Black Ops or Halo Reach.

I'v got both RBFF anf RBFF2, the last installment is truly awesome for Vs. fighting though I prefer the first game for single player fun. The music used inbetween stange selection and the round is purely awesome.

point, RBFF2 is worth buying.

"Give me back my pen" - Vladimir Putin

RB2 is the best of the Real Bouts, and I say that as someone who loves all three. It will take a little while to grow on you, though. But you play it for a while and you will understand.

If I had to choose one of the three games to call redundant, it would be RBS.

RB2 is worth the buy. All around cast, great gameplay, and fun on the competitive level.

Timid Neo Newbie

If you wanna buy this I just came across an English cartridge, bezel stickers, and full sized marquee. Let me know if you're interested & make an offer!

I wouldn't say that RB2 is the best of the series but I love all 3 games. To me RBS is where is at 'cause the tools are all there and it takes more instinct over knowledge to win the match. RBS is easier on a competitive level and that is great when you have visitors that like fighters but are new to the Neo.

Def worth the buy though, RB2 is a fantastic game and when two people know what their doing then you have yourself the greatest fights you'll ever come across on the Neo. RB2 keeps it going and it keeps it fresh and simple at all times, is hard to get bored playing RB2 with a friend, before you know it a 100 matches have gone by and you're just warming up!

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

RB2 is not only the best in the series, but one of the best fighters on the neo. Absolutely worth the buy.

Fighting Artist

Quote Originally Posted by wataru330 View Post
    RB2 = Rick.

RB2 = THE BEST.
    Yep, this sums it up for me, Rick is a ton of fun to play

Mickey's Coach
    Well, thatís pretty unanimous; everyone thinks itís a must-have. Thing is, the feedback Iíve always gotten is that while there is a clear difference from RB to RBS, RB2 is essentially RBS with less shit, less presentation, etc. Iíve actually read through a forum post somewhere that claimed that the game was a rushed mess, and ultimately unfinished. If it honestly adds anything meaningful to gameplay then Iíd consider getting it. If it was designed for the sole intention of creating tourney fodder, Iíd rather pass. Rick looks interesting, sure, but not interesting enough to warrant the price of a game which seemingly has less bells and whistles than one I already own.
    Did anything really get fixed up/ polished up in RB2 that was either out of place or outright unforgivable in RBS?
    The feedback is great, by the way; much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
    If it was designed for the sole intention of creating tourney fodder, Iíd rather pass.
    This.

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar

GET IN THE RING!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/wataru330
    Analog_Delivery_System

*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

Quote Originally Posted by MeatMachine View Post
    If you wanna buy this I just came across an English cartridge, bezel stickers, and full sized marquee. Let me know if you're interested & make an offer!
    lol ok the english MVS version. Yeah, don't be expecting the homecart price on that one hahaha

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
    Did anything really get fixed up/ polished up in RB2 that was either out of place or outright unforgivable in RBS?
    Both are great games, but I much prefer how they handle the multiple planes in RB2. To have both characters in a back plane I always found to be kind of arbitrary, since they're either in the same plane or they're not. As RB2 treats the two planes as being relative, to me it really refines the multi-plane concept in a more enjoyable way. Again, not that there's anything wrong with RBS, I just happen to like the implementation better in RB2.

Probably half of the people here prefer RBS and the other half RB2, so trying to figure out which of the two is the one worth owning is going to leave you frustrated. Both games are great and are worth owning in their own rights.

Choi's Barber

Quote Originally Posted by wataru330 View Post
    GET IN THE RING!
    Hell yeah.. with the acid trip Vs. screen. I love that shit.

Timid Neo Newbie

Man, all this talk is gettin my excited for my copy on its way to me for my MVS...

I played it on the PS2 through the Fatal Fury Collection... hands down, the most fun RB, and matches can get intense... and i like its balance...

Quote Originally Posted by Herp-A-Derp View Post
    Man, all this talk is gettin my excited for my copy on its way to me for my MVS...

I played it on the PS2 through the Fatal Fury Collection... hands down, the most fun RB, and matches can get intense... and i like its balance...
    Hey dude... Way to bring attention to yourself with awkward ellipses... So yeah, Tampa...
    Why do you even bother here...

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlin View Post
    NeoGeo games suck. Get Black Ops or Halo Reach.
    Couldn't agree more. Also, FIFA > Metal Slug as the graphics are much better

Thread Information