The KOFXIII Online Thread (PS3 & 360)

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
hope it's not complete garbage

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I got 2 good weeks in a row, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 this week then KOF XIII next week....
Finally a game that made me get a PS3.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
probably grab this game. it better be done fucking right this time. count me in for games

maybe for once everyone will stick with a game. 3S was a joke and everyone quit immediately. Tired of this behavior. How can we level up as a community if barely anyone gives a damn.. =/

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Amazon cannot fuck up for this. Better be here Tuesday.

wataru3THIRTY

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
maybe for once everyone will stick with a game. 3S was a joke and everyone quit immediately.

This isn't the first time I've heard you say this. A lot of people still play Super IV, HDRemix, and MvC3. People tapered off of 3S because it was handled so poorly. If KOF13 is unplayable online then people will bail from that, too, like KOF12. No big deal, really.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
C'mon, there's a few people here that already have the game. Hurry up and chime in with the online verdict. Please.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That 'report' reads bogus, & biased. Doesn't come out until damn near the end of the comments that dude was playing over wireless.

For everyone in that thread taking this report as gospel, & 'omg fuxors no p3rf3ct online, no buy this' - thanks for nothing.

Look forward to running my own tests Tuesday.

Anyone wanna play XII in the meantime? Runs great-they must've patched it.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I really hope the net play is decent. I'm beginning to think fighting games just weren't meant to be played online. I definitely don't like to use the net play as a metric for whether or not I'll buy a fighting game, but sadly when you have nobody local who plays these games, online is your only options 99% of the time. Games that require as precise timing as 2D fighters are just too far ahead of the current infrastructure and technology used for networking the country/world. The devs can do the best they can, but in the end it still takes 30-70 ms to send a packet of data from point A to B depending on the locations of A and B in the country. You lose on average 1 frame right there. Then add your input and television delay and no matter what, you will always have 1-5 frames of delay.

Last edited:

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
This thread needs more gamertags! Mine is UnholySpectacle. Add me if you want an ass to kick as I have not been practicing KOF at all.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Playing now! Can't find a ranked or player match online...

8^(

Setting up a room, & waiting for ng.com peeps to trickle in...gt & room are same name:

wataru3THIRTY

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I apologize to JackBurtonLives...my son woke up from nap, & I had to jet. Back on for a bit.

Just had my 1st online match.

Really, really pleased with this port!

In my mind, SNKP have redeemed themselves. Bravo!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really hope the net play is decent. I'm beginning to think fighting games just weren't meant to be played online. I definitely don't like to use the net play as a metric for whether or not I'll buy a fighting game, but sadly when you have nobody local who plays these games, online is your only options 99% of the time. Games that require as precise timing as 2D fighters are just too far ahead of the current infrastructure and technology used for networking the country/world. The devs can do the best they can, but in the end it still takes 30-70 ms to send a packet of data from point A to B depending on the locations of A and B in the country. You lose on average 1 frame right there. Then add your input and television delay and no matter what, you will always have 1-5 frames of delay.

The netcode is good enough. If you and I were playing online, there would be no lag, just like with SFIV.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That 'report' reads bogus, & biased. Doesn't come out until damn near the end of the comments that dude was playing over wireless.

For everyone in that thread taking this report as gospel, & 'omg fuxors no p3rf3ct online, no buy this' - thanks for nothing.

Look forward to running my own tests Tuesday.

Anyone wanna play XII in the meantime? Runs great-they must've patched it.

I am running this on wireless and it's fine as long as you don't get low latency challengers.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
The netcode is good enough. If you and I were playing online, there would be no lag, just like with SFIV.

If it's up to SFIV quality then I'm definitely happy. See you guys online this weekend most likely. I'll probably pick it up on Friday.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anyone with the PS3 version want to do Hwa Jai mirror matches LMK.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
ugg can't afford all these games, will get this by Christmas I imagine..... might get it tomorrow too... depending on how selfish I wanna be this holiday season lol.