Fighting game backgrounds, animated

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
This thread makes me realize that life bars and super bars have been making me miss all these backgrounds I have taken for granted. Also there's something to be said about looking at the sprite work flawless pixel perfect without filters nor interpolation due to RGB screens and what have you.
In an arcade would you ever see that skull on the lefthand tree? I think probably not.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
06.gif

Que viva Mejico!!!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
1143867_0003_NGKk1.gif

Never noticed the monks in the background, particularly the one jumping and the other one shadow boxing.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Never noticed the monks in the background, particularly the one jumping and the other one shadow boxing.

I never saw em either, or the building and the city in the background also, this is a great one.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I'm not an especially patriotic guy but this one gives me awesome chills:

533.png

I'd love to see an animated version.

I like it! what game is it from? I personally like it better than Guile's stage, but I bet the music isn't as good Guile's:glee:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think that's AOF or AOF 2. Wes or Takumaji would know better.

trunxkam45

Kuroko's Training Dummy
thx Grave, found it, Art of Fighting, John's background. looking for an animated version.

Yea, sorry I forgot to mention that :loco:

John's stage has one of the best themes to go along with it as well.

Neo Geo:

PC Engine:

SNES:

Genesis:

I think here you can see an accurate comparison of the audio style between the big four 16 bit systems.

Last edited:

Hyperduel

Banned
Yea, sorry I forgot to mention that :loco:

John's stage has one of the best themes to go along with it as well.

Wow! I didn't know the PCE CD version has different tunes. I thought they were using just Neo-Geo ROM music. Thanks for the links!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
John's stage is awesome. His BGM is awesome as well. I think Guile's stage and music is better (more iconic), but John's stage is still really awesome. I'd like to see a remake of it, like how KOFXIII remade Mickey's back alley stage from Art of Fighting. I thought that was cool as hell.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Wow, Genesis version shits all over SNES version. Gotta love that geni metal crunch.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Not animated but in terms of pre-1994, these are two of my all time faves. And, a special nod to Jack's stage from WH 2 Jet

33.png

42.png

372.png

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
hot damn I loved world heroes growing up, I never had a chance to play jet or perfect, I'm looking to change that soon;) unfortunately the site that kazuki dash linked that I've been pulling these from doesn't seem to have the stages for wh:(

still thanks for the share Steve

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The topless shot is for half a second, I suppose if anyone whines I can just link it (but seriously fuck you if you whine. you shouldn't be dicking off at work, anyway).

n0Zbi.gif

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
The topless shot is for half a second, I suppose if anyone whines I can just link it (but seriously fuck you if you whine. you shouldn't be dicking off at work, anyway).

leave it up! fuck the whiners:vik:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I also love this stage....reminds me a lot of Renegade:

688.png

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Looking at some of these backdrops remind me why I use to love (and still do) the Neo Geo so much.