Fighting game backgrounds, animated

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
You can find the rest here:

EMU GIF ANIMATION

Kazuki, thanks so much for this link, amazing stuff! thought I'd share some of my favorites:

From Last Blade

09.gif

and this one has always been my favorite on the Capcom side of things

z2-sagat2.gif

SSS

neo retired
These are perfect for android phones. Animgif 2 lets you set these for your phone's background.

Edit: see sage already posted this.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Some of these backdrops seem to look better here than they do in the games, I hated the backdrops in SVC CHAOS but looking at them here, they look gorgeous.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Some of these backdrops seem to look better here than they do in the games, I hated the backdrops in SVC CHAOS but looking at them here, they look gorgeous.

They look great on my PVM, on my TV god damn it looks ugly. Once you go RGB it's no comparison.

I hope your RGB isn't on an LCD.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

I think it's the resolution, since the gifs are tiny they look so much sharper than in game, seeing them like this tho really gives you time to sit back and enjoy them:)

SSS

neo retired
They look great on my PVM, on my TV god damn it looks ugly. Once you go RGB it's no comparison.

I hope your RGB isn't on an LCD.

Supposedly you don't need to track down a PVM for RGB. You can hack any modern tube TV by tapping into the video encoders OSD RGB in. You leave composite intact for your sync. I tried it on a sony trinitron but screwed up the mod (damaged one of the color in pins) tv still works fine, menu is now neon colored.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I have just been playing around with some of the animated gifs for my desktop but then I keep getting screen flash every now and then on web pages.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Anyone have Ninja Master's backgrounds?

The site that Kazuki Dash linked to has them, they are fine to view, but after I save and upload to photobucket they get glitchy.:(

I'll keep trying

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
I love these. But I love kof 94 to 96 the best and I hats 97's alot

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

This thread makes me realize that life bars and super bars have been making me miss all these backgrounds I have taken for granted. Also there's something to be said about looking at the sprite work flawless pixel perfect without filters nor interpolation due to RGB screens and what have you.