Fighting game backgrounds, animated

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
This is one of the best threads I've ever seen on these forums. I love seeing all these classic stages as animated gifs.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Might as well show the progression for the ’99 park stage/rain stage

Kof99park1bglite.gif

Kof99park2bglite.gif

Kof99park3bglite.gif

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
I loved that background back in '95. There's nothing 'pretty' about it at all; it's the perfect amount of grit and art. The music didn't hurt either.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
All of 95's backgrounds are pure gold (except maybe team mexico, that elevator is kind of lame). Some of the best art in all of the Neo's library. Impressive for 1995.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
All of 95's backgrounds are pure gold (except maybe team mexico, that elevator is kind of lame). Some of the best art in all of the Neo's library. Impressive for 1995.

Yeah, people seem to feel that way about the AOF background. It's not exactly visually stunning, but the fact that it starts a little more cramped than usual adds a cool little effect to the level.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Found these: MOTW! The bottom two I used as my signature for a while and I must have saved over the orginal, so now it has my name there.

edit: KoF XI below as well.

also, does anyone have the KOF 96 arizona (AOF) stage in a fully animated gif?!?

Garou: Mark of the Wolves:
-------------------------------
garou-back2.gif

garou-back5.gif

garou-back6.gif

garou-back7.gif

garou-back8.gif

garou-back9.gif

garou-back10.gif

garou-back11.gif

garou-back3.gif

garou-back1.gif

garou-back4.gif

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

King of Fighters XI:
--------------------------
xi1.gif

xi2.gif

xi3.gif

xi4.gif

xi5.gif

xi6.gif

xi8.gif

xi9.gif

xi7.gif

Last edited:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
stageduckffs.png

i always liked this one.

can anyone find an animated one?.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I have never played KOF XI but some of those backdrops look sweet.
As for Duck King's backdrop in FFS I thought it was the best of the new stages added although I just wish it wasnt a half reverse as even the writing is mirror imaged but none the less looks cool and the music rocks.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Samurai Shodown III Nakoruru stage please.

Dragonflies!

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I think you're referring to Ukyo's stage, but here it is.

Ss3ukyobgalt.gif

Nope, I meant Nakoruru's stage, which has red dragonflies flying around in the autumn version. Those at Ukyo's stage are probably fireflies or will-o-the-wisps :D

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Nope, I meant Nakoruru's stage, which has red dragonflies flying around in the autumn version. Those at Ukyo's stage are probably fireflies or will-o-the-wisps :D

For some reason or another, my brain refused to read that as anything other than fireflies. :lolz: Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, here it is:

Ss3nakoruru1bg.gif

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
^Thanks man, one of my all-time fave backgrounds. The level of artistry in ssIII is nothing short of amazing.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
Anyone have the background with the "metal band" playing in the background. I can't remember exactly what game that was... but it was a more recent game from what I recall...

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Anyone have the background with the "metal band" playing in the background. I can't remember exactly what game that was... but it was a more recent game from what I recall...

If ambiguity were an art form, this thread would be your canvas.

I kid. I can’t be certain at all, but if it’s a fighting game with some association to metal’, it’s probably Guilty Gear. Try and remember the game, and somebody might be able to track it down.