Fighting game backgrounds, animated

These are beautiful! I grew up a Capcom fan, and didn't find Neo Geo until around high school at a friends house. 10 years later, I finally have my own, and I'm still in awe!

Amazing sprite work on these. With the resurgence of sprite art in indie development, I bet there's a huge premium for previous master artisans to get involved. I can't think of anything current gen that uses this art style that's even half as impressive!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
beautiful stuff booger, thx for helping me keep the lights on in here :)

and I friggin love jojo.

BoogerBall

n00b
No problem at all Mugicha, no need to thank me, I'm just a fellow admirer of these artworks, I'm just glad I can contribute. There are still enough backgrounds out there to keep this thing rolling a bit longer.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I like all these backgrounds people have posted images of, but there really needs to be a dedicated website for them. (and for other Neo Geo graphics)

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda

THE WORLD-O

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I like all these backgrounds people have posted images of, but there really needs to be a dedicated website for them. (and for other Neo Geo graphics)

THIS is the site for them. Do not discount our efforts at creating this! :D Add more!

Hutzig

n00b
Wow, thanks for your efforts. These backgrounds really look amazing!
During gameplay you usually don't have that much time to fully appreciate the beauty of the backgrounds so these images help a lot.

BoogerBall

n00b
Alright, it's been long enough, here are some more:

Always liked the calm, peaceful, meditative atmosphere of Ryu's stages:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

One of my most favorite Neo games. This type of art style isn't seen much at all outside the AOF series with 3 being the pinnacle in visual quality there.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
One of my most favorite Neo games. This type of art style isn't seen much at all outside the AOF series with 3 being the pinnacle in visual quality there.

AoF3 is so great. An absolutely revamp from AoF2. And AoF and AoF2 are both great fighting games IMHO.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
AoF3 is so great. An absolutely revamp from AoF2. And AoF and AoF2 are both great fighting games IMHO.

aof 3 is the only playable one imo. some one posted a thread here some years back wanting to know if anyone has actually beat aof 2.but yes,aof 3 is truly a great game,as good as any fatal fury game imo.