Fighting game backgrounds, animated

BoogerBall

n00b
Wow, amazing thread, these images are beautiful. Capcom and SNK were the masters and I wouldn't say either was better than the other, they both had their own styles. Gonna show some Capcom love now:

05.gif

E9xKn.png

M6iE7.png

UrienStageMexico.gif

vqcLd.png

mvc-stage9-level1.gif

z3-gen.gif

XsJYp54.png

BoogerBall

n00b
Hmmm, let me try this again, I wasn't able to get the images to show the first time:

image.gif

E9x_Kn.png

M6i_E7.png

Urien_Stage_Mexico.gif

vqc_Ld.png

mvc_stage9_level1.gif

Xs_JYp54.png

z3_gen.gif

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
nice stuff Booger, thx for posting.

some sick detail in those CPS3 pics :buttrock:

enix2093

Crazed MVS Addict
Such beautiful art that mostly goes unnoticed during the game. It's great to see it all by itself.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Nice Street Fighter 3 pics! I was always disappointed with the direction they chose with the backgrounds in 3rd Strike. Some of them kind of look like they have some pre-rendered elements to them. Anyone else agree? Something just feels/looks off.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Wow, three years and 20 pages later this thread lives on. I never thought other forums would link to this thread and people would join this forum just because of this thread. I only made it because I wanted to see 99's rain background in motion.

Thanks to all the contributors and especially Mugicha who easily posted the most.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Wow, three years and 20 pages later this thread lives on. I never thought other forums would link to this thread and people would join this forum just because of this thread. I only made it because I wanted to see 99's rain background in motion.

Thanks to all the contributors and especially Mugicha who easily posted the most.

no need to thank me man, I was just trying to keep the lights on in here :) and the true credit goes to KazukiDash for linking the site that hosted the majority of them (until it went down :( )

this thread gave me a new appreciation of the attention to detail put into these games that we almost always overlook because we're too busy fighting. getting to see the stages living and breathing without all the distractions is a magnificent thing.

Now for the bad news, I don't have very many left that haven't been posted already. I did my best to keep this thread from being forgotten, so my thx goes to OP Sage, for starting it, and everyone else who bumped with the good-ness!

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Ya, the park stage of KoF99 is amazing, especially the third phase there (the rain). It's gorgeous.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I wish these could be upscaled with that level of resolution and put in a frame on my wall.

BoogerBall

n00b
Just as another addition, I think these backgrounds from the original street fighter still hold up fairly well considering they are from a 1987 game:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Love it! Would love it even more if everyone that posts stages would post the game and the capturing method.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Love it! Would love it even more if everyone that posts stages would post the game and the capturing method.

I haven't actually captured any of the ones I've posted, they were all found like that, mostly from a now defunct chinese site :( I wish I knew how to do it. As far posting what game they are from, I've always just enjoyed showing them for what they are without any preconceptions, just art, but if someone asks I'm more than happy to let them know.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Just as another addition, I think these backgrounds from the original street fighter still hold up fairly well considering they are from a 1987 game

I love the cloud formation in the train stage.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Somebody should do an inventory of the fighting game backgrounds (and the countries they're located in, and the real-life locations they're often based on).

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Somebody should do an inventory of the fighting game backgrounds (and the countries they're located in, and the real-life locations they're often based on).

I think there is already a thread like that, search is in the top right