Fighting game backgrounds, animated

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
ss2-1_zps14e6e3e0.gif

I never noticed the See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil and Do No Evil on that stage before.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
I never noticed the See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil and Do No Evil on that stage before.
Don't forget to mention that it's Tam Tam's stage from SS1:

b4w8jd.gif

Kinda funny that they added that extra fourth one.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hey Mugicha, nice contributions there. What game is the last BG you posted from? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can not remember atm...

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Hey Mugicha, nice contributions there. What game is the last BG you posted from? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can not remember atm...

Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken) on atomiswave:)

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I could look at all these countless great backdrops all day long.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never

That was a cool backdrop, capcom use to make some great backdrops, just ashame they didnt have any input in SNK VS capcpm chaos, as some of those backdrops are the dullest and worst out of all neo games, especially the abandoned factory or whatever its called.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
That was a cool backdrop, capcom use to make some great backdrops, just ashame they didnt have any input in SNK VS capcpm chaos, as some of those backdrops are the dullest and worst out of all neo games, especially the abandoned factory or whatever its called.

SVC sure isn't the greatest game ever but there are things I like about it, i like how they made Hugo like 10 feet tall lol, and these 2 backgrounds are some of my faves out of all of the SNK games:

svc1.gif

svc4.gif

hugo.gif

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
yup, I always liked that one too. Best of SVC definitely. Though they could have left those deers out of there ^^

lol, I didn't even see them until you mentioned it:)

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The characters on the floor and wall is not Chinese, but the pillar on the right reads, "Way of the tiger (or tiger-style) something something high heaven."
Same deal on the left except change tiger with dragon.

edit: right pillar could be 「虎法倫拳舉高天」 which could mean something like, "Tiger-style fist raises the sky high", or "Tiger-style fist raises high heaven". Eh, literal translation is not the best...
On the left pillar, it looks like 龍法倫拳舉高天, where it's just tiger exchanged with dragon.

It's funny that you bring that up 'cause there is a picture of a dragon in the upper left hand corner and a tiger in the upper right hand corer.

euowid.gif

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have to say that SNK got really talented at doing water effects in the backgrounds.