Fighting game backgrounds, animated

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Okay, thank you for the clarification! :)

Does the DC version have lots of new/ different stages? I got the Saturn one, so would it be worth it to get DC as well, just for the backgrounds?

Ja dreamcast version ist neuer.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Wait what...? Okay, now THIS is getting interesting. Imagine there were really two Dreamcast editions of the game, one with additional stages and one without. That would be quite unique, wouldn't it?
And how the hell would I know which version to buy? :lolz: (because six additional stages sound quite good to me)

And now I am wondering what version of SFA3 will be in this upcoming collection...

it seems like it's in all the home ports of the game. i always play alpha 3 on mame so i never come across it. can't be bothered to hook up the saturn or the dreamcast.

Hadesillo

n00b
it seems like it's in all the home ports of the game. i always play alpha 3 on mame so i never come across it. can't be bothered to hook up the saturn or the dreamcast.

You can try the naomi version, it has them. Not sure it runs ok on mame, it works perfect in demul.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
You can try the naomi version, it has them. Not sure it runs ok on mame, it works perfect in demul.

i've never been able to run dreamcast emulators. it's why my dreamcast is out and not in storage.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
i've never been able to run dreamcast emulators. it's why my dreamcast is out and not in storage.

I tried a few games via Demul and it's pretty much the real deal but on your PC. Admittedly though my PC is pretty good so that might be the reason...

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Okay, so I found out these things:

- the DC version is in fact OLDER than the Saturn one, by a whole month :)

- both ports have an identical roster of characters, with DeeJay among them

- I still have never ever seen this particular stage.

Tried to fire up my Saturn to try and force that stage to come up (by selecting DeeJay as opponent or something) and I just found out my system is dead. Only recently I,played some shmups on it....now it powers up but won't read any games, just shows audio tracks sometimes. Damn.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I tried a few games via Demul and it's pretty much the real deal but on your PC. Admittedly though my PC is pretty good so that might be the reason...

i'm going to try it out within this week and see if i could get it to run. might finally be able to play some of the shmups i was never able to afford.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
yeah, i tried setting up demul but got a lot of errors popping up. after some research it turns out my graphics card isn't good enough to run it.

oh well. just have to wait till i get a new pc.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Someone (not me) should just go through the whole Neo library and get every fighting game stage. It would be a really cool thread. A lot of work I'm sure.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Someone (not me) should just go through the whole Neo library and get every fighting game stage. It would be a really cool thread. A lot of work I'm sure.

That might be too much for person...but I'll start: here's a link to an imgur album with animated garou:motw stages. I think I got most of them, but I know I'm missing Terry's stage round 3.

https://imgur.com/a/QaGeQ

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My thread is over six years old now. As everyone can see a lot of links are dead. If uploading anymore new backgrounds please use imgur or upload directly using the forum's image uploader. Thanks gang

Hadesillo

n00b
Fatal Fury Special. Missing Ryo and Geese stages, and crappy gifs for Tung and Mai unfortunately. Made a decent one for Duck.

https://imgur.com/a/eGwIo

Actually those are from Fatal Fury 2, not Special. I ripped those stages myself (not Mai, a pain in the ass to gif).
Fatal Fury Special stages all have time variations and some new redraw elements on the background. The Yamada one has different pictures, in Cheng stage the ship is different and better done, etc.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I've created a fighting game backgrounds website.

https://www.fgbg.art/

I am still working on it. It has some problems on phones for example.

So far it has 78 backgrounds, but I want it to have hundreds. End goal of every 2D background ever.

Would love help with adding new backgrounds and fixing the metadata on existing ones!

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Thanks for that. You might want to check with the SNK Wikia. IIRC they have quite a lot of backgrounds for each game in their picture gallery, also animted. And a small correction - "Burning Building" is from Last Blade 2, not from the first.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Thanks for that. You might want to check with the SNK Wikia. IIRC they have quite a lot of backgrounds for each game in their picture gallery, also animted. And a small correction - "Burning Building" is from Last Blade 2, not from the first.

Thanks, they do have a lot of backgrounds. And fixed LB2 too.

btw, once on a background page, you can use arrow keys to go to the next/previous one. They are in a random order on purpose, to kinda make it like browsing this thread :)

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I've created a fighting game backgrounds website.

https://www.fgbg.art/

I am still working on it. It has some problems on phones for example.

So far it has 78 backgrounds, but I want it to have hundreds. End goal of every 2D background ever.

Would love help with adding new backgrounds and fixing the metadata on existing ones!

awesome! well done, seems clean and simple... your logo though reminds me of a Greenday album cover...

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
awesome! well done, seems clean and simple... your logo though reminds me of a Greenday album cover...

haha, yeah I guess it does. clean and simple is the goal. Maybe I'll take another stab at the logo :)

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
123►Genei-Jin;4376854 said:
Website looks great! I don't mind seeing old threads resurrected this way.

This thread went strong for years, and was last posted in 2018, so bumping felt ok.

But if you look through this thread, so many of the backgrounds are gone or corrupted now. That's a big reason I wanted to make the site.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
Yeah, I noticed many of the previous posts have corrupted frames.
I used to rip sprites and do stages for Mugen in the early 2K's, wish I had the time to properly contribute to something like.
Really appreciate what you're doing by putting up together this website.