Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 576 to 591 of 591

Thread: Fighting game backgrounds, animated

  1. #576
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    AEDST

    Posts
    10,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuray View Post
    Okay, thank you for the clarification!

    Does the DC version have lots of new/ different stages? I got the Saturn one, so would it be worth it to get DC as well, just for the backgrounds?
    Ja dreamcast version ist neuer.



    Aussies!

  2. #577
    B. Jenet's Firstmate
    Gyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX

    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    It's a fine reason. I have at least five ports of Daimakaimura .
    Nothing wrong there, to each their own charm.
    It's compelling enough I still somehow entertain the idea of a SuperGrafx.

  3. #578
    Mr Big's Escort
    Bogard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    LONDON

    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuray View Post
    Wait what...? Okay, now THIS is getting interesting. Imagine there were really two Dreamcast editions of the game, one with additional stages and one without. That would be quite unique, wouldn't it?
    And how the hell would I know which version to buy? (because six additional stages sound quite good to me)

    And now I am wondering what version of SFA3 will be in this upcoming collection...
    it seems like it's in all the home ports of the game. i always play alpha 3 on mame so i never come across it. can't be bothered to hook up the saturn or the dreamcast.

  4. #579
    .
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Barcelona

    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    it seems like it's in all the home ports of the game. i always play alpha 3 on mame so i never come across it. can't be bothered to hook up the saturn or the dreamcast.
    You can try the naomi version, it has them. Not sure it runs ok on mame, it works perfect in demul.

  5. #580
    Mr Big's Escort
    Bogard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    LONDON

    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadesillo View Post
    You can try the naomi version, it has them. Not sure it runs ok on mame, it works perfect in demul.
    i've never been able to run dreamcast emulators. it's why my dreamcast is out and not in storage.

  6. #581
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    AEDST

    Posts
    10,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    i've never been able to run dreamcast emulators. it's why my dreamcast is out and not in storage.
    I tried a few games via Demul and it's pretty much the real deal but on your PC. Admittedly though my PC is pretty good so that might be the reason...



    Aussies!

  7. #582
    Kula's Candy
    Samuray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany

    Posts
    293
    Okay, so I found out these things:

    - the DC version is in fact OLDER than the Saturn one, by a whole month

    - both ports have an identical roster of characters, with DeeJay among them

    - I still have never ever seen this particular stage.

    Tried to fire up my Saturn to try and force that stage to come up (by selecting DeeJay as opponent or something) and I just found out my system is dead. Only recently I,played some shmups on it....now it powers up but won't read any games, just shows audio tracks sometimes. Damn.

  8. #583
    Mr Big's Escort
    Bogard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    LONDON

    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    I tried a few games via Demul and it's pretty much the real deal but on your PC. Admittedly though my PC is pretty good so that might be the reason...
    i'm going to try it out within this week and see if i could get it to run. might finally be able to play some of the shmups i was never able to afford.

  9. #584
    Mr Big's Escort
    Bogard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    LONDON

    Posts
    3,206
    yeah, i tried setting up demul but got a lot of errors popping up. after some research it turns out my graphics card isn't good enough to run it.

    oh well. just have to wait till i get a new pc.

  10. #585
    Kula's Candy
    Jarofmayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Michigan

    Posts
    296
    The Last Blade series has always had great backgrounds.
    Lb1 snowforest.gif

  11. #586
    Mr Big's Escort
    Bogard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    LONDON

    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarofmayo View Post
    The Last Blade series has always had great backgrounds.
    Lb1 snowforest.gif
    some of the best ever.

  12. #587
    JukeBox Hero!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,186
    Someone (not me) should just go through the whole Neo library and get every fighting game stage. It would be a really cool thread. A lot of work I'm sure.

  13. #588
    Krauser's Shoe Shiner
    heihachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Someone (not me) should just go through the whole Neo library and get every fighting game stage. It would be a really cool thread. A lot of work I'm sure.
    That might be too much for person...but I'll start: here's a link to an imgur album with animated garou:motw stages. I think I got most of them, but I know I'm missing Terry's stage round 3.

    https://imgur.com/a/QaGeQ

  14. #589
    JukeBox Hero!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,186
    Quote Originally Posted by heihachi View Post
    That might be too much for person...but I'll start: here's a link to an imgur album with animated garou:motw stages. I think I got most of them, but I know I'm missing Terry's stage round 3.

    https://imgur.com/a/QaGeQ
    This is fantastic.

  15. #590
    Krauser's Shoe Shiner
    heihachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    241
    Fatal Fury Special. Missing Ryo and Geese stages, and crappy gifs for Tung and Mai unfortunately. Made a decent one for Duck.

    https://imgur.com/a/eGwIo

  16. #591
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    30,894
    My thread is over six years old now. As everyone can see a lot of links are dead. If uploading anymore new backgrounds please use imgur or upload directly using the forum's image uploader. Thanks gang

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •