Super mvs converter 2 (blue led)

Stu82art

n00b
Hi guys,
This is my first thread posted on here and i would like some advice please, I have got myself an AES console with a unibios 3.0 upgrade, I have also just brought a Super mvs converter 2 as i would like to try a few mvs games out (dont want to spend a fortune on every single game ha).

Anyway i have researched if i need to buy a new adapter to work with my aes, It states that you would need a replacement adapter if your ac adapter says DC12v on it and not if it says DC5v on it.
However mine says DC10v on it and is a POW3 ac adapter. The unit its self has a serial number on it 101656.

I have had a look to see if there are any answers on here but cant find any, Any advice would help.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Use the SMVS power adapter if your original adapter says 9v, 10v, 11v, 12v or 13v. The power regulator inside the neo console converts all those into +5v for the system to use.

So if you have a a Pro-Pow 3, Neo-Pow 3 of Pro-Pow E you will need the new SMVS adapter.

The problem is that these non-5v adapter consoles have weak power supplies compared to the 5v models which have a 15 watt power supply (5v@3A).

Last edited:

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
if have a pro-pow 3 system can i use this power adapter to power the console normally w/o the mvs converter? i'm in need of a replacement power adapter alone and can't seem to source one.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
if have a pro-pow 3 system can i use this power adapter to power the console normally w/o the mvs converter? i'm in need of a replacement power adapter alone and can't seem to source one.

Yes, you can.