Question about those 161 in 1 type cartridges...

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
when you are in a game, how do you go back to the menu to select a new game? Is there a button combination you press or do you have to just power off the machine? Do I have to wire up the tilt button?

Last edited:

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
Yes, holding down start for 5 seconds should return you to the menu.

I find these carts work best with unibios on MVS hardware.

I have a 100 in 1 that doesn't work with the Super MVS converter. Do the later versions (150 in 1, 161 in 1) work?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Yes, holding down start for 5 seconds should return you to the menu.

I find these carts work best with unibios on MVS hardware.

I have a 100 in 1 that doesn't work with the Super MVS converter. Do the later versions (150 in 1, 161 in 1) work?

I have a 161 in 1 and super mvs convertor, it plays the cart just fine but there are some scaling issues, from the convertor. I've had to turn off and and on my aes to get back to the game menu, (I'm using a base aes, with no Unibios)

Wolfie79

Quiz Detective
when you are in a game, how do you go back to the menu to select a new game? Is there a button combination you press or do you have to just power off the machine? Do I have to wire up the tilt button?

Yeah hold player 1 start button for 5 seconds +

I have a 111 in 1 cart, playing on a cab, MV1B 1 slot or MV1FZ 1 slot, in both I have same issues, sometimes it loads without sound, so have to switch off, re-insert and then hopefully sound would load, ordered a 161 in 1 cart mostly for the new titles there in (I wish they could cut the crap + and special and plus titles and just put the plain proper Neo-Geo gamez....

I have a 111 in 1 cart, playing on a cab, MV1B 1 slot or MV1FZ 1 slot, in both I have same issues, sometimes it loads without sound, so have to switch off, re-insert and then hopefully sound would load, ordered a 161 in 1 cart mostly for the new titles there in (I wish they could cut the crap + and special and plus titles and just put the plain proper Neo-Geo gamez....

Works flawlessly on a 2 slot, and supposedly they work better on two slot machines. One other cool thing is that if you have 2 carts (in my MVS I have a 161 cart and AoF 3) you can use the "switch game" button to toggle between them once you've loaded a game from the multi cart.

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Is there a way to disable all the "+" games so I don't have to scroll through them?

mrbippers

Kuroko's Training Dummy
how much do they usually sell for?

I think most of the newest ones will fall in the $100-120 range.

Unstupid said:
Is there a way to disable all the "+" games so I don't have to scroll through them?

The version that used a daughter card (143-in-1?) allowed you to customize the list displayed. The other versions do not.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I think most of the newest ones will fall in the $100-120 range.

The version that used a daughter card (143-in-1?) allowed you to customize the list displayed. The other versions do not.

138-in-1. :)

kirbenzl

n00b
I just bought a four slot system, and am considering one of the multi-carts, but have heard rumors that some work better with a four slot than others (e.g., heard the 138 in 1 works better / only with a 1 slot system, while the 161 in 1 works ok with a 4 slot system).

Can anyone give good feedback / guidance on this. I've checked the forums and didn't see anything definitive on this (unless I've missed something).

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member

I don't have any problems with sound on my one-slot board, but I agree 100% that they should cut the crappy hacks from the cart - it just makes scrolling through the list and searching for the real games more hassle than it ought to be.
The only game I noticed to be a bit buggy is Aerofighters 3 - bullets etc. getting stuck at the top of the screen. The other thing is that the actual cart is a rather tight fit in the MVS slot as compared to a standard cart.
Works fine both with the OEM BIOS and with Unibios 3.1.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
My 100 in 1 is great for the hard-to-find games on it, like SSVS, but has occasional video glitching in a few games.

My largest complaint is the shell it is in itself; I don't mind the yellow plastic so much, but the size of the damned thing. Couldn't they have matched an original shell better? It barely fits in my CMVS, and is a bit too tight in my shockboxes. The instant I get a donor shell from a game that dies or is super cheap, there's going to be surgery.